Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: M. I. G.

Default M. I. G.

I had noticed signs with M.I.G. in the windows of these storefronts downtown that build outs are being done on the inside especially next door to Under Amour and on Fort Street next to the Detroit News. It appear whatever is trying to be developed in those storefronts is moving very slowly such as a year. Had anyone heard of MIG for I had never seen this contract company before

M.I.G. is one of Gilbert's private and client construction companies. They are doing construction for new restaurants and retail soon.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Danny; November-06-18 at 11:43 PM.

MiG Construction is an award-winning, nationally ranked integrated construction services firm servicing boutique to large-scale projects from Detroit to the Las Vegas Strip and Nationwide.

https://www.migconstruction.com/about-us.html
    They are based out of 422 West Congress in the Financial District.

Wow,I am impressed with thier history,as an African American company starting out in the 1800s to go all of those years against a mountain of odds should be an inspiration to the African American community.

Well done,there should not be a person in the city not aware of thier accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    there should not be a person in the city not aware of thier accomplishments.

Or a person in FL.

^ lots of money in Florida,money makes money through projects,the city does not like outside investment without a local connection,projects need developers and this is one with a solid local connection.

No difference from them doing a project in Las Vegas from Detroit or in Florida doing a project in Detroit.

Even at that I think one would be hard pressed to pull off a large project in a tight time frame considering all that is going on.It would take somebody like them that could pull resources with a multi state presence.

For the Cold War era Dyes members.

https://www.britannica.com/technolog...oviet-aircraft

I just noticed that whenever there is a MIG sign in the window of an empty storefront the buildout is a very slow progress compared to other contractors who had signs in other empty storefronts

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I just noticed that whenever there is a MIG sign in the window of an empty storefront the buildout is a very slow progress compared to other contractors who had signs in other empty storefronts
    Hmm....deep think here, but I can think of a reason.

White subs from the burbs don’t want to take orders from a minority GC in the city. Can’t sub out tasks, takes longer.

If you think office politics are bad, you haven’t seen sh*t in the trades. Racism, bullying and general trash behaviors rue the day. Many are good guys, but all the bad apples you knew in high school ended up here.

Time, money and quality - pick 2 of 3

Would you rather your daughter be a plumber or your son be a nurse? Harassment is the norm.
    Last edited by hybridy; November-11-18 at 11:24 PM.