Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I like the idea. Whether it succeeds depends whether we adopt them using good habits or bad ones, and whether we adapt to accommodate them and make them safe and convenient for users and non-users alike.

An idea I don't like: traveling around in polluting fire breathing steel boxes much bigger than we need, taking much more space than we need, wasting so much of our city to store them, and having to pay all their direct and indirect costs -- whether we use them or not.
    Last edited by bust; June-28-19 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I like the idea. Whether it succeeds depends whether we adopt them using good habits or bad ones, and whether we adapt to accommodate them and make them safe and convenient for users and non-users alike.

An idea I don't like: traveling around in polluting fire breathing steel boxes much bigger than we need, taking much more space than we need, wasting so much of our city to store them, and having to pay all their direct and indirect costs -- whether we use them or not.
    Yes... but those scooters have so little luggage room when going on the interstate for a weekend in Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yes... but those scooters have so little luggage room when going on the interstate for a weekend in Chicago!
    There is a time and a place for cars!

Then again, if train service were better....

Why so much hate for buses and trains?

Haha, reminds me of some friends, both car drivers, who complained about the traffic buses supposedly cause.

I'll repost:

Name:  60-people_road-space.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  55.2 KB

PS. I should revise that cartoon to include the People Mover and the subways Detroit may never have.

Personally I wouldn’t have a problem with them if just some of the riders would understand that red lights means stop, and that rules of the road apply to them..I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen the riders blow red lights at busy intersections, as well as cut off pedestrians walking, extremely rude and self absorbed behavior, and if they do that my feelings basically is they deserve what they get.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Personally I wouldn’t have a problem with them if just some of the riders would understand that red lights means stop, and that rules of the road apply to them.
    Red lights do not mean stop for riders. For drivers, now, that's another story.

I still prefer driving........

Haha, reminds me of some friends, both car drivers, who complained about the traffic buses supposedly cause.

I'll repost:

PS. I should revise that cartoon to include the People Mover and the subways Detroit may never have.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3