Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

^^^ Jesus...almost makes you not want go out.

Totally nuts. Of course those guys are off but they are also wound up and the more ready to act on any sign of encouragement to violence. The orange tufted model of duplicitous behavior has provided ample motivation to nutjobs so far.

If a tree falls in the woods,is it also the current presidents fault?

You guys are quick to self fluff your hatred you lose common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

You guys are quick to self fluff your hatred you lose common sense.

If Chump chooses his words carefully, or not, when tweeting his inane entreaties to violence, or ostracization of given communities; he will succeed in getting a few lost souls to act upon it.

So you think if he had toned down hitler would have been a minister?

Holder when they go low,we kick them
    Was it Maxine waters that said when you see republicans disrupt thier life?

How about the message of the previous administration and the message of Antifa and the whole resist movement.

Hating on Jews has been going on for 6000 years,I highly doubt anything the current president can say will stop it.Even more so sense his family members are Jewish.

The guy was not exactly a Trump supporter sense he made the comment that he was surrounded by Jews.

Look at the anger even on here,it’s what people create in thier minds.

You see the hatred that festers and is displayed even here when it comes to the current president,it is a weak mind that allows that,not the president.

If one is that weak minded that another person can manipulate them into doing harm then that is on them.

But I forgot you guys are about the lack of personal accountability and it is always somebody else’s fault.

^^^^^

Please leave Hitler out of this, what did he ever do to you?

^^ Invaded the White House.

Depends. Did Donny's omnipresent hateful spews incite the other trees to take it down?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ^^^^^

Please leave Hitler out of this, what did he ever do to you?
    EVERYTHING you post canuck is rooted in asinine stupidity. You need to be sectioned.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    EVERYTHING you post canuck is rooted in asinine stupidity. You need to be sectioned.
    Sectioned? I think you meant sanctioned, kitticat.

I think you're sucking up too many tweets from Big Bird in chief, and his spelling is almost as strong as Richard's.

Again we have the 'both - and' factor emerging here.

Whatever your strong-hold politically, is it that unreasonable to conclude that Sayoc was set-off by, or championing the far left rhetoric and agenda [[fill in the blank) or the far right rhetoric and agenda [[um, fill in that blank).

I don't believe his actions were specific to one side of the isle here.

Why must it be? A mentally disturbed man like that on the social economic bottom, already having a criminal background, per his worldview could be subject to both.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-30-18 at 08:44 AM.

How the idea that "both sides are at fault" conceals asymmetric polarization:
    Admit it. Republicans have broken politics.

Let's stop critiquing the curtain, the left curtain, the right curtain or both sides at once. Let's start peeking behind the curtain instead.

Yes, you'll likely find one side has their thumb on the scale. But if you stop there you'll miss the other side leaning on a jackhammer deliberately trying to destroy the scale.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-30-18 at 07:45 AM.

^^^ Yeah thanks, I hear you, but both sides CLAIM innocence. Or at best 'the hate that hate produced' factor.

Course we get the worst of the repub culpability in this. But what's with the democratic party devolving, inclusive of the extremes, increasingly so? Antifa, the disrupters, de-platforming actions if you don't agree lockstep for example??

The main diff is that the right's in charge per the POTUS! Yeah if the 'scale' is America [[not sure what you mean), for sure it's being rendered.

We'll ALL be caught in the whirlwind if this keeps up!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-30-18 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Again we have the 'both - and' factor emerging here.

Whatever your strong-hold politically, is it that unreasonable to conclude that Sayoc was set-off by, or championing the far left rhetoric and agenda [[fill in the blank) or the far right rhetoric and agenda [[um, fill in that blank).

I don't believe his actions were specific to one side of the isle here.

Why must it be? A mentally disturbed man like that on the social economic bottom, already having a criminal background, per his worldview could be subject to both.
    Sure, he could have gone either way, but he didn't, now did he? We can sit here and talk hypothetical all day long, but the reality is that he was sucked into Trump's rhetoric, not Chuck Schumer or Nancy Pelosi or Bernie Sanders.

Here, try this. Listen to a speech given by a Republican or a Democrat and ask yourself if the rhetoric is designed to elicit positive emotions [[like hope) in people or negative emotions [[like anger and fear). Let's use Obama and Trump since both have given speeches recently.

Here's Obama's speech that he just gave in Detroit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py-EqJ6uk_w

Here's Trump's campaign speech that he gave a day later, in Illinois:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCNXfPhQKCc

And I'm being serious here, would you say Obama's speech is designed to elicit positive or negative emotions? How about Trump's speech? How do they compare in terms of rhetoric?

Let me give you my breakdown: Obama's speeches tend to be mostly positive, whereas Trump speeches [[any speech he gives) is almost ENTIRELY negative. Trump's speeches, by design, play almost exclusively to his audience's fear and anger.

^^^ What/ why the unyielding sarcasm? Rhetorical question........

So say Sayoc was triggered 82.41% by the Trump cadre, 71.10% from this and/ or 51.89% of that other? There are usually no 'CRISP' lines of demarcation when it comes to these kind of events.

Which is the reason I precisely said 'fill in the blank' - allowing for variance.

Yes, former president Obama is not a factor here. Got that. I NEVER said Trump and some of his operatic have no culpability in fueling/ fanning. I did not.

When it is all said and done, during the trial I guess we'll learn more about the bombers motivations - unless a Jack Ruby-like person emerges.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-31-18 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ What/ why the unyielding sarcasm? Rhetorical question........

So say Sayoc was triggered 82.41% by the Trump cadre, 71.10% from this and/ or 51.89% of that other? There are usually no 'CRISP' lines of demarcation when it comes to these kind of events.

Which is the reason I precisely said 'fill in the blank' - allowing for variance.

Yes, former president Obama is not a factor here. Got that. I NEVER said Trump and some of his operatic have no culpability in fueling/ fanning. I did not.

When it is all said and done, during the trial I guess we'll learn more about the bombers motivations - unless a Jack Ruby-like person emerges.

I heard there were actually three bombers. Two of the bombs came from bombers up on the grassy knoll.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    ...And I'm being serious here,....
    You're alone, here.

Domestic terrorism is of no concern to the "local" flying monkeys.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-05-18 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Sure, he could have gone either way, but he didn't, now did he? We can sit here and talk hypothetical all day long, but the reality is that he was sucked into Trump's rhetoric, not Chuck Schumer or Nancy Pelosi or Bernie Sanders.

Here, try this. Listen to a speech given by a Republican or a Democrat and ask yourself if the rhetoric is designed to elicit positive emotions [[like hope) in people or negative emotions [[like anger and fear). Let's use Obama and Trump since both have given speeches recently.

Here's Obama's speech that he just gave in Detroit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py-EqJ6uk_w

Here's Trump's campaign speech that he gave a day later, in Illinois:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCNXfPhQKCc

And I'm being serious here, would you say Obama's speech is designed to elicit positive or negative emotions? How about Trump's speech? How do they compare in terms of rhetoric?

Let me give you my breakdown: Obama's speeches tend to be mostly positive, whereas Trump speeches [[any speech he gives) is almost ENTIRELY negative. Trump's speeches, by design, play almost exclusively to his audience's fear and anger.
    Cesar Sayoc endangered people with his bombs but did not kill anyone. Obama, for all his smooth talk, was a far more successful bomber. Obama was the first Nobel Peace Prize winner to bomb seven countries. He sent 200 cruise missiles and 1600 bombing sorties into just Libya on an executive whim. He tolerated ISIS to some extent to pressure Assad. I don't understand why there is more hype about a failed bomber than about a very successful bomber. If you think fine words offset deadly actions, then Obama's your man.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    If you think fine words offset deadly actions, then Obama's your man.
    Obama's not the President anymore, get over it. Throw out all the red herrings you like, Obama is not out there preying on people's fear and hate and inspiring people to commit terrorism. Trump is.
    Last edited by aj3647; November-05-18 at 12:24 PM.

We have a state legislative race in progress. To date I have received at least three postcards from one side full of vitriolic hate towards the other side. I have received one postcard from the other side explaining the candidate's position and record.

Can you guess which side sent which?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    We have a state legislative race in progress. To date I have received at least three postcards from one side full of vitriolic hate towards the other side. I have received one postcard from the other side explaining the candidate's position and record.

Can you guess which side sent which?
    Hey, at least the GOP isn't spamming you with racist robocalls like they are in Georgia and Florida.

^ I have not had any,where are you getting your in depth breaking news from?

^ I have not had any,where are you getting your in depth breaking news from?
    Oh, did they not talk about these in whatever Youtube video channel you get your news from?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...r-race-n930926

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/24/polit...nor/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/u...ew-gillum.html

The idiocy I've been getting via mail is unprecedented. 4-5 pieces of political advertising daily, mostly telling me that "Bad Hombres" are gonna rape and kill everyone I know unless I vote for right wing crazies who can't speak in complete sentences.

Oh, and constant references to Nancy Pelosi, for some bizarre reason, as if a random CA congresswoman nearing retirement she has anything to do with local MI politics. I guess she's the new Hillary [[woman demonized with barrage of beyond-idiotic garbage, fooling the dumbest among us).

Apparently the volume of political mail today was simply insane!
    I normally have a lot of outgoing packages on Monday and m
    y mail carrier knows this, so she called me at just before 3pm to say she had just started her route and wouldn't likely get there in time [[She's normally almost done with the entire route by 3pm).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast