Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Default The Honduran Elephant In The Room

Oh goody, another link only post with NO information unless we follow the link.

I never figured out why we spend so much on the other side of the world and so little to our immediate south trying to help them so they can choose to stay home instead of coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Oh goody, another link only post with NO information unless we follow the link.

I never figured out why we spend so much on the other side of the world and so little to our immediate south trying to help them so they can choose to stay home instead of coming here.

We spend billions in aid. It gets siphoned off by those @ the top of the food chain and we're left to deal with the problem still. I'll try to find a link. Assuming everyone here can read and figure things out on ther own.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-20-18 at 08:24 AM.

I agree about our meddling "on the other side of the world". It's expensive and fruitless for most of us. However,"they can choose to stay home instead of coming here". I also agree that their home is not here. Maybe if we didn't incentivize their coming here with jobs and government benefits and make it so easy to do so with a porous border, including slack enforcement of visa overstays, they would be less likely to come here. Putting their cheating profiteering employers in jail and severely fining them would probably be more cost efficient than 30' walls.
    Last edited by oladub; October-20-18 at 09:22 AM.

We give Mexico 53 million a year to enforce thier border to stop them before they even get into to thier country,with the last group Mexican border patrol just stepped aside and let them pass.

We also give those countries 100s of millions every year to deal with the voilence in thier own countries.

A guys comment in front of the cameras was “ We are coming and there is nothing Trump can do to stop us”.

Funny the timing of it all.

I still feel if they cannot stand thier ground and take pride in thier own country they are no use to us.

An AC-130 Spector is cheaper then a wall and would be a much better deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We give Mexico 53 million a year to enforce thier border to stop them before they even get into to thier country,with the last group Mexican border patrol just stepped aside and let them pass.

We also give those countries 100s of millions every year to deal with the voilence in thier own countries.

A guys comment in front of the cameras was “ We are coming and there is nothing Trump can do to stop us”.

Funny the timing of it all.

I still feel if they cannot stand thier ground and take pride in thier own country they are no use to us.

An AC-130 Spector is cheaper then a wall and would be a much better deterrent.

Looks like moneys well spent. Yeah, gee wiz, right before the elections. CIA? I'm an A-10 Warthog fan myself. Takin' care of business since 'Nam.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-20-18 at 10:26 AM.

Honduran Migrant Caravan 4000 Strong Marching To US Border, Trump Apoplectic

At 5:50, Adrienne Pine explains that U.S. aid to Honduras has been funding their repressive military rather than civilians.

... so actually, Donald Trump's threat to end that support, I think, would be welcomed by a lot of people because it's only harming Hondurans.
    So, ironically, ending U.S. aid might actually help to prevent future migrations if U.S. aid contributed to causing this one.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-22-18 at 09:33 PM.

You have to figure some way ,some how this is going to be Trumps fault,the numbers are all over the board depending on who is reporting,from 4 thousand up to ten thousand.

They are walking pretty fast though,1600 miles to the Mexican border how did they walk that far in a couple of weeks?

They are flying thier countries flag while seeking refuge,that is not a crisis that is an invasion and we should act accordingly to protect our border.

Demi-cans, Republic-rats, ELITE all. Who's willing to address our existing problems [[withstanding partisan bunk) regarding citizens, at-arms-reach, right here, struggling to survive??! Daily.

Outside of the bright light areas, Detroit's poverty is escalating. Men, women, infants and children impacted daily -- right here. Today.

Being impoverished cannot be the sole criteria for admittance - eventually this and other factors will collapse this country -- see Venezuela, etc. Refugees should go to their border country first.

Is this solely about getting at Trump? In the mean time the fifth ave. elite pushing for open borders will continue in their palisades. Distanced from the consequences [[as usual).

Yet running their mouths loudest! Dictating to the American poor and middle class; black, brown and white to further adapt to all of this within the context of continued dwindling resources.

We have our own poor and disadvantaged RIGHT HERE, you don't need partisan binoculars. Poverty is real with our children and disadvantaged suffering and dying daily.

Charity starts at home... silly platitude? No. Not really.

Do you see any of the 'outer' realm folk [[right and left) putting up their own money to house those seeking asylum here? No. They want to put that on the backs of tax payers, and community orgs. Phony.

Continuing to legislate that which will not impact them. Standard bunk!

We need to deal with our citizens first. We only have so many resources. Can we really afford to take in all the poor of the world? Of course not.

NO, I AM NOT feeling Trump policy defacto et al. Additionally, I'm not feeling flooding our country with every immigrant, for every reason. We cannot have open borders. Who else does?

Oh BTW, their's big money in bringing in as many people as possible, for the short run. Guess who's making that money? Follow the trail - learn the motive.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-23-18 at 10:40 AM.

So, nobody thinks this is Donnie's ploy to drum up support for his Big Stupid Monstrosity?

First and foremost, dump Donnie. The adults can clean up his mess.

Did you also notice how the photos chosen have the women with children in front of a wall of young men. That's to pull at your mind to accept this without question. Lest you be a Trump-ster yadah narrative.

Whatever, I want to say sometimes. No one can stop this train.

Those bent on this will not relent and with Trump in they're more resolute. In the mean time your own community will change and so will your lifestyle. Even the elite will feel it down the road! It will just take more time. Their handlers will eventually 'handle' them -- useful idiots they have been. As no one really trusts any one showing such lack of priorities. Only good for the short term, history has shown this. Your gadgets, twitter and fb will not comfort. Ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    They are walking pretty fast though,1600 miles to the Mexican border how did they walk that far in a couple of weeks?

Yes! If we can find any adults with backbones not bent on responding solely from emotion and poli-tricks!

First and foremost, dump Donnie. The adults can clean up his mess.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-22-18 at 08:16 PM.

https://apnews.com/b709e05ec83c49e6876ff612141ae942

This is an AP article showing two photos. To give a face to the
    5,000 invaders, one woman and her two small children are
    shown. "In the tropical heat, Besi Jaqueline Lopez of San Pedro
    Sula carried an improbable stuffed polar bear with a winter cap,
    the favorite — and only — toy of her two daughters, Victoria 4 and
    Elisabeth, 3, as they trudged beside her, all covered in sweat.
    A business administration graduate, Lopez said she couldn’t find work in Honduras. She wants to reach the USA but would stay in Mexico if she could find work here. “My goal is to find work for a better future for my daughters,”"

She supposedly has a business degree with which she plans to displace an American grad. The teddy bear adds a saccharine touch. However, the other photo reminiscent of Angela Merkel's invasion of Germany only shows men. I can't find a woman in it. The article contains no mention of Ms. Lopez having applied for legal immigration.

All she has to do is do some fashion modeling, find a billionaire and fast track it.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    https://apnews.com/b709e05ec83c49e6876ff612141ae942This is an AP article showing two photos. To give a face to the5,000 invaders, one woman and her two small children are shown. "In the tropical heat, Besi Jaqueline Lopez of San Pedro Sula carried an improbable stuffed polar bear with a winter cap, the favorite — and only — toy of her two daughters, Victoria 4 and Elisabeth, 3, as they trudged beside her, all covered in sweat. A business administration graduate, Lopez said she couldn’t find work in Honduras. She wants to reach the USA but would stay in Mexico if she could find work here. “My goal is to find work for a better future for my daughters,”"She supposedly has a business degree with which she plans to displace an American grad. The teddy bear adds a saccharine touch. However, the other photo reminiscent of Angela Merkel's invasion of Germany only shows men. I can't find a woman in it. The article contains no mention of Ms. Lopez having applied for legal immigration.
    "For Puerto, that place is North Carolina, where he has a wife and two daughters. He said he was recently deported from the United States after a brush with the law that he did not specify.“We are going to get to the border of the U.S.,” he said. “I am not going to stop. I don’t care if I die.”

Now how can anyone say no to someone like that?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-23-18 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    All she has to do is do some fashion modeling, find a billionaire and fast track it.
    And if she can get as far as DC, she could displace FLOTUS; seemingly her husband is always looking for the newer model.
    Actually, she just needs to get to Florida; he's there more than DC

Very tired of the conduct of the media the last few weeks, so I've decided to go off on a "Simpsons" marathon. Homer talking about hog anus hotdogs is a lot more entertaining than 'panels of experts', 'walls & ms-13 with a sprinkle of bad Arabs', 'the red or blue wave', and basically anything Hannity, Cuomo, or Rachel have to say about it. Watch a few old episodes, and you realize we've been going in a circle for over 20 years. Poor Apu !

^^^ Yep, the news circuit/ circus is out of hand - very shallow and not revealing the actual puppet 'masters'. I try to stay close to the ground and see the impact on my city first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Poor Apu !

I don't think so. He's going to party like it's on sale for $19.99!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    And if she can get as far as DC, she could displace FLOTUS; seemingly her husband is always looking for the newer model.
    Actually, she just needs to get to Florida; he's there more than DC

Yes, I don't know about you but, I find the weekend junkets to Mar-a-Lago a tad excessive. One could probably feed the 4000 Hondurans for a month and new socks and shoes versus the cost of flying the pussygrabber back and forth.

Yes, I don't know about you but, I find the weekend junkets to Mar-a-Lago a tad excessive. One could probably feed the 4000 Hondurans for a month and new socks and shoes versus the cost of flying the pussygrabber back and forth.
    ....Truth!

Maybe true-d'oh! will step up and volunteer to take a few thousand off of our hands. Legalized prostitution, legalized pot, FREE healthcare, sounds like a match made in heaven! Start a petition @ your local bar. Bring it up to your prime menstruator. Plenty of room in the great white north, eh?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-23-18 at 12:43 PM.

^^^ yea there will be crickets there,they only frien compassion when it is convenient,they cannot even feed their own school kids.

Why are you guys still crying about Mar-A-Largo,lots of past presidents had winter white houses that they spent a lot of time in,so it’s not like it’s breaking news.

Its not our responsibility to feed 4000 Hondurans even though we already send millions there through catholic charities for social services.

You see the video of them being loaded up into semi box trucks at night so they do not have to walk,they let them out when they get to a city so they can put on a show for the cameras.
    Last edited by Richard; October-23-18 at 12:48 PM.

Man dies on way from a truck. Daily mail UK is never short on photos:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ded-truck.html

More photos....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...00-eye-US.html

Yesterday morning, the economic invaders' column was in Huixla, Mexico about 45 miles from the Guatemalan border and about 1016 miles from Reynosa which borders on Texas. Google maps says Reynosa is 348 hours of walking time away. If a crowd that large could walk 25 miles in one day, it could make it to the US border in 14 days; a day or two late for the election. They will have to ride on trains or other vehicles if the election is even an issue.

Article 4, Section 4 - "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive [[when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence."

“We are a generous and welcoming people here in the US, but those who enter the country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law,”

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the US undetected, undocumented, unchecked and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently and lawfully to become immigrants in this country,” -Illinois Senator Barack Obama 2005
    Last edited by oladub; October-23-18 at 11:48 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast