Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Eddystone Hotel Windows...

it's cold outside. Are the windows going into the Hotel Eddystone?

I believe they had planned to install them in November.

There was a story on this a few weeks back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Detroit/com...nce_of_window/

OK, November is almost over. Any windows yet?

Maybe they're waiting for the the El-Cheapo MCS windows to come out and recycle them....

Or waiting for Wallside Windows Winter Blowout sale next month.

The bigger question at this point is why is the City not taking any action for breach of contract? The deal was they could knock down the Park Avenue Hotel, but the Eddystone had to be repurposed in a certain amount of time.

Clearly the latter didn’t happen, so why isn’t the City pursuing legal action ?
    Last edited by Atticus; November-20-18 at 08:28 PM.

The city needs to do more to hold Olympia accountable

It is now January 2019. Any progress on Eddystone windows and renovation? Why is their no local coverage of the ongoing delays with Illich holdings? They need to be embarrassed into action.

I walked by in late December and there were no windows.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I walked by in late December and there were no windows.
    Any updates on legal action taken by the city for not following through on the agreement to have the Eddystone renovated?

Or just further proof millionaires continue to get different legal treatment by this city government? Clouncil has returned.
    Last edited by Atticus; January-03-19 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    Or waiting for Wallside Windows Winter Blowout sale next month.
    Wall side is having a sale? OMG - they hardly ever do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    The bigger question at this point is why is the City not taking any action for breach of contract? The deal was they could knock down the Park Avenue Hotel, but the Eddystone had to be repurposed in a certain amount of time.
    I think you mean the Harbor Light Apartments building, which sat directly opposite the Eddystone at the corner of Sproat and Park Streets. The Hotel Park Avenue was further towards downtown a few blocks.

I believe there was a bar down that way [[a block or two south of Eddystone) that was raided and closed by the DPD, but I can't remember its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Maybe they're waiting for the the El-Cheapo MCS windows to come out and recycle them....
    Nah, I think Kellafinos already has dibs on them. He's got big plans for the cold storage building and it could use a few windows. Besides, windows are the kind of thing that the Ilitches seem to go way overboard on. Probably special ordered them from who knows where and will take 9-12 months for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    I think you mean the Harbor Light Apartments building, which sat directly opposite the Eddystone at the corner of Sproat and Park Streets. The Hotel Park Avenue was further towards downtown a few blocks.

I believe there was a bar down that way [[a block or two south of Eddystone) that was raided and closed by the DPD, but I can't remember its name.
    The Harbor Light Building was originally called the Park Avenue Hotel not to be confused wither the Hotel Park Avenue which has the Town Pump Tavern on the first floor.

From last week and after years of foot-dragging...

Name:  eddystone-full.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  162.0 KB

Detail show remnants of old Eddystone sign.

Name:  eddystone-detail.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  105.7 KB

Have there been any update on if Olympia is hitting the dates they were given by the city to keep this project moving?

I love seeing the windows in. A big hulking building devoid of windows is so sad. It looks as soulless as Stephen Miller’s eyes.

i guess Olympia is finally being forced to make good on a promised project.