Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I am willing to bet the windows will be completed before Little Caesars.
    NO JOKE! I bet you're right.

They're stalling on the windows so they can say construction of The District Detroit is "ongoing".

That's a given. I'm willing to bet the windows will be installed on the Hudson Tower before the Pizza HQ is done.

Windows are going up! The 5th floor is mostly done and the 6th floor is about half done.

Name:  OCM.jpg
Views: 3197
Size:  102.4 KB

Nice to see Detroit moving forward on a few things

The windows are flying up REALLY fast!

Name:  0329191145a_HDR.jpg
Views: 4865
Size:  116.6 KB

Very nice. Anyone in the know know who the glass supplier for this project is? Also, who's the general contractor on this one? Is it Barton Malow like at the Hudson site?

Name:  IMG_20190331_1324213.jpg
Views: 3356
Size:  172.3 KB

Here's an image from a different angle

They put the Christmas tree and flag on top of the steel yesterday. Moving along!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Very nice. Anyone in the know know who the glass supplier for this project is? Also, who's the general contractor on this one? Is it Barton Malow like at the Hudson site?
    Walbridge is the GC.

Progress pics taken today. Apologies for the garbage quality.

First pic from People Mover.
    Second pic from Greektown.

From just now:

Name:  9A1C4216-8528-463F-A551-F4F10D8340D5.jpg
Views: 2060
Size:  102.1 KB Name:  D32206ED-C9F9-4A69-9139-0A7A2E5B6F24.jpg
Views: 2056
Size:  109.8 KB

Fixed the images for you....
    Attached Images Attached Images    

^thanks a lot.

Name:  0429191505_HDR.jpg
Views: 5857
Size:  138.1 KB

Windows are starting to go up on the 11th floor.

The tower crane is gone [[sorry if this is old news, I've been out of town), and they appear to be done with the windows, except for the part of the building where the elevator is attached to.

Would be very nice if someone could post a picture of what this building looks like now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Would be very nice if someone could post a picture of what this building looks like now.
    Really nothing to see. Windows go to the top now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Here you go! This one is from today.

Views: 1293
Size:  142.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Here you go! This one is from today.

Views: 1293
Size:  142.8 KB

Does anybody know if they are going to alter the street level and bottom 2 or 3 floors existing from the old structure? Their renderings showed the new glass panels would go all the way down to street level and that it seemed like they were going to try to incorporate some sort of retail aspect on the back of the building. Now i understand if it's not possible given the need for loading docks for the building, I just don't understand why they would render it like that?

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    Does anybody know if they are going to alter the street level and bottom 2 or 3 floors existing from the old structure? Their renderings showed the new glass panels would go all the way down to street level and that it seemed like they were going to try to incorporate some sort of retail aspect on the back of the building. Now i understand if it's not possible given the need for loading docks for the building, I just don't understand why they would render it like that?
    Not sure what renderings you’re referrin too, all the renderings I’ve seen show the lower floors how they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Not sure what renderings you’re referrin too, all the renderings I’ve seen show the lower floors how they are now.
    This one:

Name:  HudsonsRenderings-03_i.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  30.5 KB

EGrant, another difference I see is that your rendering shows no glass for the mechanical floors [[16 and 17) of OCM. However, in reality they've already started to put some glass there.

I would be really surprised if they put retail on Farmer and Gratiot, as the loading docks are probably needed on Gratiot, and I believe it's all mechanical on the Farmer side near Gratiot.

Total speculation: perhaps in the future when the Hudson loading docks are complete they'll connect to OCM underneath Gratiot? There is a freight elevator in the building near Woodward and Gratiot, I'm not sure how deep it goes.

I took a look today; the glass they are installing on the mechanical floors appears to be the windows circled. They are under the overhang and on some kind of balcony.

Name:  Mech.JPG
Views: 952
Size:  19.3 KB

I could be wrong though, just an observation.

I gotta say this side of the building looks so much better now that it conforms to the street. It was such an awkward gap before.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3