Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 323
  1. #26

    Default

    You've downloaded more from my comment than one could ever imagine.

    Awesome ---- !

    I'm simply not interested in smoke or loud fragrances, sanctioned or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Or maybe the smell from McDonald's? $1.00 burgers stick on my clothes when I walk around the block. And designer dogs from the last 200 years. Frichons, ??? C'mon. You fucked up evolution. No wait, there is no evolution, we are only 5000 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I suppose a 'vodka' (less smell) alternate will come out? Or is out? Vaping and eating the marijuana.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-18-18 at 07:51 PM.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Man that's funny -- I never mentioned possession in my post.

    I mentioned crossing the border stoned. Not sober.
    Under the influence to the point that would alert a customs agent.
    Unable to properly control the vehicle you are in.
    Still want to bet they can't keep you from re-entering ?

    The most common examples of this are when the Port of Entry Officer
    asks “have you ever smoked pot?” or “have you ever been arrested, charged or fingerprinted?”
    If you answer yes, and describe anything which would suggest that you may have committed an serious offense, you can be deemed inadmissible even if there is nothing in your database record. There are also examples of people being prevented from visiting the country when they had made prior public acknowledgements of illegal drug use
    and those statements ended up in their FBI or RCMP record.

    Last edited by O3H; October-18-18 at 07:59 PM.

  3. #28

    Default

    Now that IS awesome! Think of the money you've saved withstanding the impact on your lungs!

    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    December 17, 1989 at about 4:00pm. Quit smoking weed and quit smoking cigarettes, haven’t had a puff of anything since then. One of the best things I’ve ever done.

  4. #29

    Default

    It'll be interesting to revisit this and other outcomes, say in 18 - 24 months!

    Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Just because you can go into Canada, and get seriously stoned, does not - mean the USA side has to let you back into the country. Pretty sure some border agent will be tossing folks in the clink, to ""sober up"" and think about their actions in a FOREIGN COUNTRY.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    So one goes to Canada - with the intent to GET the pot -
    but not have it on them at the time they cross the border, yeah right.

    Of course people will be baked off their ass, crossing the border.
    AND the Border Agents will pounce upon them.........

    Roadside saliva-testing devices passed in June.
    Cr
    iminal charges based solely on a driver’s level of THC in the blood,
    without having to further prove impairment.

    It's an international border, period.

    One of the most noticeable effects occurs shortly
    after smoking the drug: red eyes.
    THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in marijuana lowers blood pressure
    which dilates the blood vessels and increases
    blood flow throughout the body.
    This causes the blood vessels in the eyes to expand,
    causing redness or bloodshot eyes.
    Last edited by O3H; October-18-18 at 08:21 PM.

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Still want to bet they can't keep you from re-entering ?
    Yes, I'll bet $100,000 USD. You come up w/your end, I'll gladly relieve of your cash.

    If impaired (as an American) you may be arrested for DUI.

    You will not be denied entry, however.

    The most common examples of this are when the Port of Entry Officer
    asks “have you ever smoked pot?” or “have you ever been arrested, charged or fingerprinted?”
    If you answer yes, and describe anything which would suggest that you may have committed an serious offense, you can be deemed inadmissible even if there is nothing in your database record. There are also examples of people being prevented from visiting the country when they had made prior public acknowledgements of illegal drug use
    and those statements ended up in their FBI or RCMP record.
    The right to deny entry is to an Alien, ie. non-citizen of the United States.

  7. #32

    Default

    https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/us/bo...rnd/index.html

    Relevant passage:
    If you're a US citizen:
    You cannot be denied entry into the United States, but you might be delayed.
    "For citizens, and likely for many green card holders, border agents can inconvenience you, but eventually, they're going to have to let you back into the country," Wessler says.

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    So one goes to Canada - with the intent to GET the pot -
    but not have it on them at the time they cross the border, yeah right.

    Of course people will be baked off their ass, crossing the border.
    AND the Border Agents will pounce upon them.........

    Roadside saliva-testing devices passed in June.
    Cr
    iminal charges based solely on a driver’s level of THC in the blood,
    without having to further prove impairment.

    It's an international border, period.

    One of the most noticeable effects occurs shortly
    after smoking the drug: red eyes.
    THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in marijuana lowers blood pressure
    which dilates the blood vessels and increases
    blood flow throughout the body.
    This causes the blood vessels in the eyes to expand,
    causing redness or bloodshot eyes.
    Little thing called Visine .... It gets the red out.

  9. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    The right to deny entry is to an Alien, ie. non-citizen of the United States.
    True, but the time frame they can hold you for a grocery bag of frozen Salmon or canned tuna (improperly claimed) can mess up ones appointments and pockets. No less for MaryJ we may find.

    I've always observed the bridges far more fussy/strict: searching trunks, tapping on wheel wells etc. Good times ahead!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-18-18 at 10:50 PM.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    A DUI is a federal offense in Canada and will result in a criminal conviction on your record.

    Is the legal pot , i.e. getting baked legally and then getting popped in Canada,
    for an impaired driving charge , saliva test , roadside, really worth the experience ?

    https://www.draeger.com/en-us_ca/Alc...Drug-Test-5000

    https://www.today.com/video/new-drug...-1096405059606
    Last edited by O3H; October-19-18 at 05:20 AM.

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    A DUI is a federal offense in Canada and will result in a criminal conviction on your record.

    Is the legal pot , i.e. getting baked legally and then getting popped in Canada,
    for an impaired driving charge , saliva test , roadside, really worth the experience ?

    https://www.draeger.com/en-us_ca/Alc...Drug-Test-5000

    https://www.today.com/video/new-drug...-1096405059606

    Who was endorsing the idea of driving while impaired?

    False narrative.

    People could come to Canada via plane, train, bus, or as a passenger in a car (or at some crossings by foot/bike); and/or could simply stay long enough to no longer be impaired.

    I'm not advocating for that myself, nor am I an advocate for pot..........a nice glass of Barolo, yes. (though don't drive right after that, either)

    Also, DUI, primarily, is about alcohol still, and amazingly, Americans manage to visit Canada all the time, successfully consume a glass of wine or a cocktail w/dinner and yet not get charged w/DUI.

    They 'uber' back to their hotel or catch a cab etc.

    Your obsession w/this issue and painting it as high risk is bizarre and intellectually unjustifiable.
    Last edited by Canadian Visitor; October-19-18 at 05:59 AM.

  12. #37

    Default

    More munchies for the discussion....https://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskt...onal-marijuana

  13. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    More munchies for the discussion....https://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskt...onal-marijuana

    a.) I can't image even worse driving habits than we already have.
    b.) Another spike in insurance rates.... good news.

  14. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    More munchies for the discussion....https://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskt...onal-marijuana
    The time frame is from Jan 2012 to 2017 they are not saying it is directly related to the legalization aspect and even say that it is hard to determine.

    That time frame also covers a massive increase in cell phone use while driving which could have also increase the stats.

    I am in a no fault insurance state,you have an accident and the only thing that happens is the police show up and you exchange information and nobody is assigned blame or ticketed.

    They only report time and location and that an accident occurred,nothing else,so how do they figure stats?

  15. #40

    Default

    This is kind of irrelevant in SE MI. Pot is plentiful and easy to come by. People get medical cards to buy for all sorts of ailments. Having a passport, going to Windsor to get stoned, and then coming back to be hounded by border agents. Sounds like too much of an inconvenience to bother.

  16. #41

    Default

    Ops... not Sacha Baron Cohen shock wrestling video... but USA/Canada border crossing.... (got it right this time )...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6_yBkuve8

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    I actually hope people DO get educated, on the saliva road side tests,
    and understand impaired driving - via pot - is not tolerated -
    on either side of the border.

    Since November 2017, trained drug recognition experts at 12 police departments in 5 Michigan counties, have been using Alere DDS2 oral fluid test instruments to conduct roadside drug tests when police suspect a driver is impaired.
    Last edited by O3H; October-19-18 at 10:04 AM.

  18. #43

    Default

    Yeah if I smoked/ consumed weed I'd keep it local. Time spent with customs on any level for any reason is never a good time!

    Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Having a passport, going to Windsor to get stoned, and then coming back to be hounded by border agents. Sounds like too much of an inconvenience to bother.

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The time frame is from Jan 2012 to 2017 they are not saying it is directly related to the legalization aspect and even say that it is hard to determine.

    That time frame also covers a massive increase in cell phone use while driving which could have also increase the stats.

    I am in a no fault insurance state,you have an accident and the only thing that happens is the police show up and you exchange information and nobody is assigned blame or ticketed.

    They only report time and location and that an accident occurred,nothing else,so how do they figure stats?
    That massive increase in cell phone use "distracted driving" should be present in the non use states also unless pot use makes you want to call someone and chat so the variable could be inferred to be impaired by pot.
    Law enforcement will have to have another tool to judge roadside impairment due to pot use. Might as well collect DNA samples while at it and compare to national crime database.

    Just another unintended consequence that will have to be mitigated.
    If you are gonna use it....stay home.

  20. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/us/bo...rnd/index.html

    Relevant passage:
    If you're a US citizen:
    You cannot be denied entry into the United States, but you might be delayed.
    "For citizens, and likely for many green card holders, border agents can inconvenience you, but eventually, they're going to have to let you back into the country," Wessler says.
    CV, you said it all in your posts. I'm amazed how many people do not understand that you have an absolute right of return to your home country, if you are American. It is not conditional on anything whatsoever. Its your country.

    But as has been pointed out, it may be an unpleasant experience. They can delay your entry without review for quite a while, and detain you in a charming little cell without right to counsel. They can dismantle your car. They can probe your body. They can confiscate anything you can't have prove left the USA with you.

    But you have a right to enter ultimately. But the road to re-entry may be less than pleasant, and might involve being charged with crimes under American laws.

  21. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    This is kind of irrelevant in SE MI. Pot is plentiful and easy to come by. People get medical cards to buy for all sorts of ailments. Having a passport, going to Windsor to get stoned, and then coming back to be hounded by border agents. Sounds like too much of an inconvenience to bother.
    Logic and common sense, thank you for posting

  22. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    That massive increase in cell phone use "distracted driving" should be present in the non use states also unless pot use makes you want to call someone and chat so the variable could be inferred to be impaired by pot.
    Law enforcement will have to have another tool to judge roadside impairment due to pot use. Might as well collect DNA samples while at it and compare to national crime database.

    Just another unintended consequence that will have to be mitigated.
    If you are gonna use it....stay home.
    There will those who will give up those rights for a toke.

    People were already being jailed with false positive saliva roadside tests.


    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/10/m...e-to-jail.html


    Widespread evidence shows that
    these tests routinely produce
    false positives. Why are police
    departments and prosecutors
    across the country still using them?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,638

    Default

    Because they can. AND then they get the blood test to confirm it

    Colorado has established that a THC level of 5 ng/mL
    is enough to charge someone with DUI.

    The inference is that at or above 5 (ng/mL), you’re high,
    but there should be no inference that below 5 you’re sober
    Last edited by O3H; October-20-18 at 11:25 AM.

  24. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    It'll be interesting to revisit this and other outcomes, say in 18 - 24 months!
    Why wait? They're still celebrating in Toronto:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 245
Size:  55.4 KB

  25. #50

    Default

    ^^^ Hah! Hmm, a bit smokey. I wonder if I can light up a tobacco cigg! ----

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.