Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

CBSN: Report: Marijuana on track to be legalized by the end of the year [at the federal level]

Politico: Why 2019 Could Be Marijuana’s Biggest Year Yet

Wow. It's as if repressing it for so long caused it to burst free even faster. Since hemp is already legal federally, it's only a question of THC potency.

Man crashes into police vehicle, admits driving stoned

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2019/01/21/man-crashes-into-cop-car-admits-driving-stoned/2635738002/

Unfortunately, drugged driving is where drunk driving was 30 or 40 years ago. Too many people see it as acceptable, no big deal, not a problem, cute, funny, or cool...especially in Detroit. This is a major problem when it comes to increased drug use -- whether legal or not.

Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-19 at 09:46 AM.

Personally I think stoned driving and drunk driving are way blown out of proportion. Its why I did not vote for pot to become legal cuz soon enough its going to be a big to do, with thousands of dollar fines and jail. The whole nine. Cuz your car smells like pot. My car still smells like pot from 6 months ago smoking in there. Who'd a thunk it? I dont condone getting in a driving a car while falling down drunk but I do think the numbers for whats legal are WAY to low. But hey, we all have our opinions[[though mine tend to be radical). Soon we will all be being drove around by our cars and no drunk drivings to go around. I plan on matching the full bar in my boat to my car once it starts driving me. That guy in the above post would have hit that cop, stoned, drunk, or sober.
    Last edited by abraham; January-28-19 at 08:25 AM.

That guy in the above post would have hit that cop, stoned, drunk, or sober.
    Interesting point....Because several people are claiming that up to a dozen cars spun out at the same location on the freeway, yet the police and the Detroit News chose to focus on the guy who admitted being high on weed, which became front page news. Don't know if that's true, but The Detroit News tends to selectively report the things that correspond to their political stance.

When the law officially passed, several law enforcement officials made the statement, "We're not sure how we're going to respond to this". I took that to mean, "We're not sure yet how we're going to make up for the financing provided through the years by drug forfeiture money." How many more articles are going to focus on the poor drug dogs that no longer have employment ? I must have read at least 5 already...poor doggies.
    Last edited by Bong-Man; January-28-19 at 08:55 AM.

The weed smoke smell is very tenacious to car interiors, building up fast considering it's a closed space. Will bring down the value of the car at resale time just a tobacco smoke will.

Something to consider if you have a newer vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Personally I think stoned driving and drunk driving are way blown out of proportion. Its why I did not vote for pot to become legal cuz soon enough its going to be a big to do, with thousands of dollar fines and jail. The whole nine. Cuz your car smells like pot. My car still smells like pot from 6 months ago smoking in there.

hell, years ago when some mother ran a red light at 12 or 13 and gratiot and people died, the guy who happened to get hit by her got busted because he happened to be drinking. Was not his fault in the least bit. Yet from what I understand he took the ticket, and probably worse[[I dont feel like looking up the case at the moment) Not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    The weed smoke smell is very tenacious to car interiors, building up fast considering it's a closed space. Will bring down the value of the car at resale time just a tobacco smoke will.

Something to consider if you have a newer vehicle.
    Mines semi newer for now but I'll drive it till it dies. Or another hundred thousand miles or so. Pot smell actually comes out very easily when cleaned or an air fresher is put in there. At least from my experienced. I just have not bothered to do that yet.

The real test is to put a 'non-smoker' into your car after you clean it!

Then you'll know if it the weed smell is REALLY undetectable. I have found similar to folks who smoke ciggs [[especially heavy smokers) you cannot always discern the tell-tell smell as well non smokers can.

It took me to ditch tobacco for a few months to them smell it lingering on my coats, jackets and furnishings when I did not before. Eventually the smell leaves and I had some items dry cleaned. Funny how that is.

The fresheners only 'add to' the remaining very distinct smell of marijuana. The odor is still there. I rented a car recently that smelled of weed. I declined the car and they gave me another.

Some rental car and marijuana articles...

https://hightimes.com/guides/rental-...lls-like-weed/

https://www.quora.com/Do-rental-cars...moke-detectors
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-19 at 01:11 PM.

Yep, I've been on business trips jumping into a uber and alot of my work folk say that it smells like pot and I cant smell it. Not my first trip to the well, but thanks for the info. Although, I've been from here to Australia, to Finland, to bamff to chili and rented a car and smoked pot in it with no issue. Although I did have a little fender bender in Bamff. Hitting a cement column while backing out of the lot. Pulled in to return the car with yellow paint streaks down the side and a cracked up mirror. Doh!

Yeah I took a Lyft this weekend and detected marijuana residue odors of use in the vehicle. The driver seemed competent to the task at hand.

I knew it was a short term ride. Not a car for me to purchase, or rent.

Yep, I hear what your sayin. Got your point. see where you are going with this. Pot and tobacco affect the resale value of you car. Got it.
    Last edited by abraham; January-28-19 at 03:15 PM.

Last edited by Jimaz; February-21-19 at 12:32 AM.

8 and hickory Green vet open to the public ID only needed.

Driving a rented Jetta down in Florida now, the car smells like weed. I can smell it right when I get in the car. It’s faint, but it’s there.

^^^ I rented a car like that, got in smelled the weed, requested another one before turning the key. Got an upgrade too!

Good times, inadvertently.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/mar...rd/3027063002/

Thank-you Governor Whitmer. Why a pot board would have to have more than 50% of its' members be connected to police and the pharmaceutical industry is beyond me. Glad it's beyond her too.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/pot-...-own-teenagers

Physically, we know that marijuana is directly linked to breathing problems [[if smoked), cardiovascular disease and gynecomastia [[“man boobs”). As a breast radiologist, the first question I ask men when they come in because of enlarging breasts is whether they currently smoke marijuana or have smoked it in the past. Many times, the answer is “yes.”
    LOL.....'Man boobs'. Thanks for keeping it real FOX ! Tomorrow they'll be featuring an article on 'hairy palms' from a fertility Doctor. Stay tuned....

As a breast radiologist, the first question I ask men when they come in because of enlarging breasts is whether they currently smoke marijuana drink water or have smoked drunk it in the past. Many times, the answer is “yes.”
    Uh oh. We're all doomed now.

Seriously, there may be health problems but it's long past time to acknowledge that this Reefer Madness approach backfired badly.

^^^ NO. We're not 'all' doomed, as everyone does not partake! ------
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-04-19 at 07:00 PM.

Well, if it turns up on an outlet other than FOX then there's cause to worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/pot-...-own-teenagers

LOL.....'Man boobs'. Thanks for keeping it real FOX ! Tomorrow they'll be featuring an article on 'hairy palms' from a fertility Doctor. Stay tuned....
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-05-19 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    In respect of non-Americans they have wide ranging discretion on who to admit, as they always did.

But they have no discretion in admitting US citizens.
    Exactly right.

When you go to a country where you don't hold citizenship, you have no rights to admission whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    As a breast radiologist, the first question I ask men when they come in because of enlarging breasts is whether they currently smoke marijuana drink water or have smoked drunk it in the past. Many times, the answer is “yes.”
    Uh oh. We're all doomed now. ...
    ^^^ NO. We're not 'all' doomed, as everyone does not partake! ------
    LOL! You don't drink water?

To be fair, you might have missed my strikeout switch. I was showing how that argument would be absurd and equally [[in)valid if made against water, something in which we all partake.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-04-19 at 07:51 PM.

Yes! Water contains many trace elements, unmentionables and chems! I'd hardly think all weed processed would be unadulterated, once the greed factor kicks in with some sellers. I'd review these shops for their track record.

Back to water, I've often thought of at least a Brita pitcher but just passive pouring water into a small filter never seemed an effective option to me.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-05-19 at 07:02 AM.

Daily Marijuana Use And Highly Potent Weed Linked To Psychosis

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...d-to-psychosis

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast