Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Hah! Hmm, a bit smokey. I wonder if I can light up a tobacco cigg! ----
    NOOOO Don't do that! Don't ya know tobacco will kill you!

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    So one goes to Canada - with the intent to GET the pot -
    but not have it on them at the time they cross the border, yeah right.

Of course people will be baked off their ass, crossing the border.
    AND the Border Agents will pounce upon them.........

Roadside saliva-testing devices passed in June.
    Cr
    iminal charges based solely on a driver’s level of THC in the blood,
    without having to further prove impairment.

It's an international border, period.
    Just like how they turn away all those drunk 19 and 20-year old Americans on the weekend? Yeah OK, if you say so!
    Last edited by aj3647; October-24-18 at 02:03 PM.

Smoke inhaled, in general is a foreign substance to the lungs. I think that's why some do the edibles.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    NOOOO Don't do that! Don't ya know tobacco will kill you!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-26-18 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Just like how they turn away all those drunk 19 and 20-year old Americans on the weekend? Yeah OK, if you say so!
    You should always consider the attitude of the Customs staff. Drunk kids? No big deal. High kids? Class 1 controlled substance smuggler. Much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    You should always consider the attitude of the Customs staff. Drunk kids? No big deal. High kids? Class 1 controlled substance smuggler. Much more fun.
    News flash Wesley, NOBODY has to go to Canada to buy weed and smuggle it back here. Nobody. It's readily-available, right here in Michigan. Plentiful actually.

Do the 19 and 20 year old Americans who go to Windsor to drink also try to smuggle alcohol back across the border? Because a 19 year old can't get alcohol in the U.S., right? Beer is so unobtainable for underage kids in America, that they have no choice but to drive to a foreign country, buy it, and then smuggle it back across an international border. Just like with weed, right? Can't get it here, so risk a felony by trying to smuggle it through Customs. Do you honestly believe that?

You're the second poster now who, in the absence of facts and basic logic, seems to think that Americans are going to attempt to smuggle marijuana in large numbers across the border back into the United States. That anyone who might dare to go to Canada to legally smoke weed must also therefore be a likely drug smuggler.
    Last edited by aj3647; October-26-18 at 08:53 AM.

Stoners of North America to take over everything -- hurray ?
    Realities about pot are being glossed over by slick marketing. ??
    Now that serious money is involved - the stereotype gets a makeover
    Last edited by O3H; October-26-18 at 06:02 PM.

What is with this level of exaggeration and moral panic? Its really obscene!

I say that as someone who doesn't partake in pot, I prefer a really nice Amarone [[Italian Red Wine).

But that said, the amount of damage done by irresponsible consumption of alcohol far exceeds anything that is or will be the case via pot.

To paraphrase those with a more simple manner of speech than I, "take a pill dude"

Really you already have a greater paranoia than any addict I've ever heard of, you should see someone about that.

Do the 19 and 20 year old Americans who go to Windsor to drink also try to smuggle alcohol back across the border?
    We did bring back Lamb's Navy Rum, which wasn't available here. But we declared everything every time. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    What is with this level of exaggeration and moral panic? Its really obscene!

I say that as someone who doesn't partake in pot, I prefer a really nice Amarone [[Italian Red Wine).

But that said, the amount of damage done by irresponsible consumption of alcohol far exceeds anything that is or will be the case via pot.

To paraphrase those with a more simple manner of speech than I, "take a pill dude"

Really you already have a greater paranoia than any addict I've ever heard of, you should see someone about that.
    Glad you’re so sure about all that - I’m not. From what I understand the strains of weed that they’re putting out for sale are much more powerful than what was available 15 or 20 years ago. It would seem like a few puffs of that stuff could be the stoned equivalent of a lot of booze. Comparing the amount of damage done by excessive consumption of alcohol or weed, would seem to me to be impossible to quantify. Doesn’t matter to me though, I’m all for giving people whatever they want, as long as their not bothering me or anybody else I don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Glad you’re so sure about all that - I’m not. From what I understand the strains of weed that they’re putting out for sale are much more powerful than what was available 15 or 20 years ago. It would seem like a few puffs of that stuff could be the stoned equivalent of a lot of booze. Comparing the amount of damage done by excessive consumption of alcohol or weed, would seem to me to be impossible to quantify. Doesn’t matter to me though, I’m all for giving people whatever they want, as long as their not bothering me or anybody else I don’t care.
    Weed doesn't rot your liver and pancreas. It doesn't cause people to beat their spouses, children and strangers in a bar. It doesn't cause withdrawals and DTs when you DO withdraw. I'll go with the impaired driving issue, but apart from that, it doesn't come close to booze for violence and health issues. It actually HELPS some health issues, something booze doesn't.

Arguing that the increasing strength of marijuana strains is somehow a danger is as fruitless as arguing 80 proof scotch is more a danger than beer. Alcohol is alcohol, THC is THC.

The more important issue is that the consumer is aware of the intoxicant strength of the product. The new law does that. Medical marijuana dispensaries have done that for years.

As jcole mentions, the dangers of intoxication are different and far more severe and damaging to one’s health and self control with alcohol.

This is a sensible law that will decrease senseless incarceration saving Michigan millions while adding millions to the state’s revenue. I voted yes.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Comparing the amount of damage done by excessive consumption of alcohol or weed, would seem to me to be impossible to quantify.
    That to you it seems "impossible to quantify" does not make it true. In fact, it's actually very possible, and scientists have done just that.

Nutt, D; King, LA; Saulsbury, W; Blakemore, C [[24 March 2007). "Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse". Lancet. 369 [[9566): 1047–53.

Name:  570px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_[[mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg.png
Views: 1049
Size:  87.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Arguing that the increasing strength of marijuana strains is somehow a danger is as fruitless as arguing 80 proof scotch is more a danger than beer. Alcohol is alcohol, THC is THC.

The more important issue is that the consumer is aware of the intoxicant strength of the product. The new law does that. Medical marijuana dispensaries have done that for years.

As jcole mentions, the dangers of intoxication are different and far more severe and damaging to one’s health and self control with alcohol.

This is a sensible law that will decrease senseless incarceration saving Michigan millions while adding millions to the state’s revenue. I voted yes.
    I’m going to vote yes also. As I previously mentioned, I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own home. I’m all for giving everybody anything they want, if you want to smoke crack or take LSD or shoot up black tar heroin go right ahead, as far as I’m concerned that’s your business. Does marijuana lead to a less belligerent type of high than alcohol? I guess I would agree with that, but I’m definitely not buying into this marijuana does you a world of good notion. As I also alluded to, I used to smoke weed but I quit in 1989, being stoned was a lot of fun, but after a while it made no sense and it was just time for me to stop.

^ I think a lot of it is based on ones personal chemistry,I used to smoke it and all I would want to do is zone out like a zombie,where I have acquaintances that get blasted and go about like nothing has changed.

I think it is harder to narrow down in a legal aspect on a toxic level as to how it effects each individual.

As far as drugs go I have never seen anybody kill someone over a dime bag verses a crackhead would do so for a rock and it was extremely noticeable when they declared the war on drugs and dried up the supply,the amount of people that switched to coke in order to get a high because of the lack of was massive.

I never really seen it lead to harder drugs because of its use,not that I am an expert and the most I have ever seen at one time was 30,000 lbs,a long time ago,but for to long it has been used to jail people for small amounts and has cost more in enforcement then not.

The problem is going to be and has already popped up is in the edible aspect and parents storing it responsibly,when a kid sees a cookie or brownies it is only natural for them to eat it.

That is the biggest argument popping up in states that have already approved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ I think a lot of it is based on ones personal chemistry,I used to smoke it and all I would want to do is zone out like a zombie,where I have acquaintances that get blasted and go about like nothing has changed.

I think it is harder to narrow down in a legal aspect on a toxic level as to how it effects each individual.

As far as drugs go I have never seen anybody kill someone over a dime bag verses a crackhead would do so for a rock and it was extremely noticeable when they declared the war on drugs and dried up the supply,the amount of people that switched to coke in order to get a high because of the lack of was massive.

I never really seen it lead to harder drugs because of its use,not that I am an expert and the most I have ever seen at one time was 30,000 lbs,a long time ago,but for to long it has been used to jail people for small amounts and has cost more in enforcement then not.

The problem is going to be and has already popped up is in the edible aspect and parents storing it responsibly,when a kid sees a cookie or brownies it is only natural for them to eat it.

That is the biggest argument popping up in states that have already approved it.
    Yeah idiots can't even store their firearms responsibly but I'm sure they'll be more careful with their cookies.

^ you mean kinda like the idiots that cannot put thier cell phones down long enough to not kill somebody?

But this thread is not about cellphones,guns or idiots.

What is your input on the legalization of marijuana?

I used to be against legalization because I saw with my own eyes pot’s fellow travelers.

I thought pot funded the systems that brought harder drugs to our doorsteps. I was right.

And wrong.

Pot is a harmless substance that will lead to increased waistlines, hence, lock up your Twinkies and Doritos before you but that first bag.

Oh, I bought a 100 shares of Tilray at $23, sold it in a panic at $285. It’s now at $150 the last time I checked.

^ nice return,it was not long ago when they were pushing pot penny stocks.

You do bring up a good point though,on a large scale situation like now Canada there is a massive income that is being removed from the picture,an income that will be replaced in some other form.

People are not going to just walk away from a billion dollar a year income and retire.

The younger ones hanging out on the corner selling weed are now put out of a job,they are still going to hustle,but what.

Large scale there is going to be a cause and effect.

Substitute, "When adolescents give up booze their cognition improves"

Well, duh!

But under aged drinking is illegal you say! [[right and that means there is none)

Regardless, under aged pot consumption is also illegal and still will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Substitute, "When adolescents give up booze their cognition improves"

Well, duh!

But under aged drinking is illegal you say! [[right and that means there is none)

Regardless, under aged pot consumption is also illegal and still will be.
    Yes I agree. But in question is the level of active substance in ones bloodstream that is causing impairment and that thc takes a little longer to wash out of the body than alcohol. Also note that nuero-developement according to the study lasts into the 20's so what age do we allow legalized destruction of ones body......21......25....?
    Maybe drinking age should be raised too.

Since it is not legal in Canada for minors to purchase or possess marijuana, nor for retailers to sell to minors, what exactly is the point you are trying to make? In a discussion forum, it generally helps to actually express a thought or two instead of just dropping a link and saying nothing of substance.

Since it is not legal in Canada for minors to purchase or possess marijuana, nor for retailers to sell to minors, what exactly is the point you are trying to make? In a discussion forum, it generally helps to actually express a thought or two instead of just dropping a link and saying nothing of substance.
    I have dropped a link or two expressing the negatives and asking opinions. Nothing more or nothing less. If you want to express an opinion, feel free.
    Or just use attack mode if that's all you got to add to the forum.

I have dropped a link or two expressing the negatives and asking opinions. Nothing more or nothing less. If you want to express an opinion, feel free.
    Or just use attack mode if that's all you got to add to the forum.
    Keep dropping your links, it isn't going to stop Proposal 1 from soaring to victory at the polls. Maybe take a puff, it would do you some good.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast