Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    LOL! Orange fingernails? Maybe not. Motivation and ambition.... well...

A nugget of wisdom ala Ordell Robbie: You know, you smoke too much of that shit, that shits gonna rob you of your own ambition [[0:18)!

Not to mention walking around with a screwdriver in your hand for 45 minutes wondering where you put that screwdriver.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    To me these are all akin to past stereotypes towards, race, sex orientation, Jews, and others. Those things just distract from a logical and adult conversation towards any issue.
    Lol! Yes, we can have a Marijuana Pride march in Hart Plaza! "Say it loud, say it proud, I'm stoned and... stoned and... I don't know, something..."
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-16-19 at 12:05 PM.

After various searches produced zero results, what are you referring to ? I know of alcohol and tobacco companies investing here and in Canada. Please provide a link.
    Sorry I must have been stoned when I posted and forgot the links.

Strainz executive management team consists of Silicon Valley technology industry veterans whose previous experiences include brand management and marketing and communications roles at leading companies including Apple and Netscape. The team also has extensive experience in launching some of the most recognized startup brands in the world.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300245238.html

that was from 2016,these are the guys that raised the capital to launch Apple,google and others,the point being there is a lot of power behind the push.

Being a bong man did you invest in any pot penny stocks back in 2015 when it was starting? The right ones could have made you some hefty bag size returns by now.

Beverage companies are also getting into the game with thc infused beers and drinks.

HOLY MOLY Donut Shop owner reaches plea deal for drug ring!

Eh, I went a few times -- just for the 'donuts' mind you......

As a 24 hour spot, it was kinda fun to purchase some donuts at odd hours a couple of times!

Apparently they were doing more than pastries with bacon toppings!!

The pot shop is right next door?

Shop owner reaches plea deal in drug ring case

Background story....
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-26-19 at 04:34 PM.

The pot shop is right next door?
    I couldn't THINK of a better location for a donut shop!

Do not have to walk very far with the munchies.

They should have taken lessons from the ATM provider on how to actually run that business without getting caught,and selling firearms to rats,never ends well.

You really have to be stoned to risk those numbers by selling a $100 stolen firearm.

Hah! See yelp.com [[their Eight Mile location) for photo of their frosted donut with [[eh-burp) crispy bacon toppings!

You'd have to be really stoned, in double-munchies mode for that......!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I couldn't THINK of a better location for a donut shop!
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-26-19 at 06:47 PM.

There was a Soul Food takeaway restaurant in the Donut spot - 2017.

They moved out before all the excitement ensued.

This sounds like someone got just a bit too, TOO greedy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Do not have to walk very far with the munchies.

They should have taken lessons from the ATM provider on how to actually run that business without getting caught,and selling firearms to rats,never ends well.

You really have to be stoned to risk those numbers by selling a $100 stolen firearm.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-26-19 at 05:56 PM.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stud...165116708.html

It's been almost 10 months since the voters of Michigan approved the use of recreational marijuana, yet the only action taken so far by the State of Michigan is to close dispensaries down. Not one approved medical dispensary has been authorized for recreational sales, and many cities have taken it upon themselves to ban legal sales. People need to understand that if you're going to force people to drive 70 miles to a legal dispensary, one of the results will be this.....Name:  20190731_135545.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  116.8 KB

Being forced to legally grow some funk of your own represents not only a loss of tax dollars, but is an incentive for tax-free legal bartering of weed. Have no doubt....we'll accomplish the same without your blessings from 1958.

^^^1958? Is the apposition 'stuck' there or has new information come forth?

Anyway, it may be safer to grow your own!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-21-19 at 02:24 PM.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/stud...165116708.html

It's been almost 10 months since the voters of Michigan approved the use of recreational marijuana, yet the only action taken so far by the State of Michigan is to close dispensaries down. Not one approved medical dispensary has been authorized for recreational sales, and many cities have taken it upon themselves to ban legal sales. People need to understand that if you're going to force people to drive 70 miles to a legal dispensary, one of the results will be this.....Name:  20190731_135545.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  116.8 KB

Being forced to legally grow some funk of your own represents not only a loss of tax dollars, but is an incentive for tax-free legal bartering of weed. Have no doubt....we'll accomplish the same without your blessings from 1958.
    Meanwhile, in Ontario, the roll-out of legalize pot has been a rather slow and bumpy one....

But the province, literally just today, announced the next 42 legal stores for Ontario plus 8 more on first nations reserves.

This brings the number to only 75, though the province itself does offer online sales, and home delivery.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5788469/o...cense-lottery/

This will include the first legal storefront in Windsor, at 545 Ouellette

I'm not normally a house plant guy but I was considering growing a marijuana plant just for the novelty. Then I remembered their flowers aren't very attractive, at least to me. [[Yeah, I know. "That's the best part!")

Is it possible to graft different flowers to a marijuana plant? Anyone know? That would make one interesting photo.

Tulips? Poppies?

I googled this and there are all kinds of conflicting opinions on it.

Michigan recreational marijuana retail sales to begin Dec. 1
    LANSING, MI -- Michigan residents will be able to legally purchase marijuana from stores beginning Dec. 1, the state Marijuana Regulatory Agency announced Wednesday, Nov. 13.

Any businesses seeking a recreational license to grow more than 1,000 plants, process or sell recreational marijuana must currently be licensed under the state’s medical marijuana licensing rules.

The state announced existing medically licensed businesses that are pursuing equivalent recreational licenses may transfer up to half their inventory, which is already deemed legal and has been tested for the medical marijuana market, to the recreational side for general sales.

Any finished products currently for sale in medical dispensaries must have been in the business inventory for 30 days or more before being sold to non-medical customers.

“This approach will allow for a transition to the adult use market as we estimate that there will be around a dozen or so licensees who would be eligible on Dec. 1,” Marijuana Regulatory Agency spokesman David Harns said. “Similar to the medical market, we expect it be a slow build out as the production of plants and products increases. This will create an environment where businesses can supply the market as quickly as possible.”...

Omar Hishmeh, who co-owns Exclusive Brands, a company that grows, processes and retails marijuana from its location at 3820 Varsity Dr. in Ann Arbor, said his company’s license application submissions have been approved.

Once news spread that the recreational market would go live on Dec. 1, company leaders called an emergency meeting.

“We’re stoked,” Hishmeh said. “The whole team is stoked. Literally, we just got out of a group meeting with management and retail trying to properly prepare for this so that we’re over-prepared.”
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-13-19 at 10:23 PM.

^^^ I'm most certain this will have a positive impact on Detroit.

Haven't followed Michigan closely - are edibles going to be legal? They become legal in Ontario shortly. Already lots of toddlers and kids showing up emergency rooms in U.S. states. Parents need to maintain tight control and not leave them laying around, you know, like with their guns.

Yes, I'm sure this will cause a lot of impacts.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    ... Parents need to maintain tight control and not leave them laying around, you know, like with their guns.
    Maybe I misinterpreted that but the first time I read it, it sounded funny as if "Around children, secure your edibles, if not your guns."

You must have meant "secure BOTH!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Maybe I misinterpreted that but the first time I read it, it sounded funny as if "Around children, secure your edibles, if not your guns."

You must have meant "secure BOTH!"
    It was sarcasm, as we know there's enough stupid parents out there leaving guns unsecured so unlikely they'll bother to secure edibles, which can be very dangerous to small children.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It was sarcasm....
    Okay, then my first interpretation was correct. Thanks for the chuckle.

We already have these GIANT marijuana grow operations lighting up the sky across Lake St. Clair for Canadian use and European exports. Why can't we import a pecentage temporarily until the Michigan crop catches up ?

I've been eating Canadian tomato's, lettuce, and cucumbers for years.
    What's one more crop across the border ?

Even in a Gar Wood 22' Triple Cockpit Runabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    We already have these GIANT marijuana grow operations lighting up the sky across Lake St. Clair for Canadian use and European exports. Why can't we import a pecentage temporarily until the Michigan crop catches up ?...
    I'm sure the federal laws would still block that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    We already have these GIANT marijuana grow operations lighting up the sky across Lake St. Clair for Canadian use and European exports. Why can't we import a pecentage temporarily until the Michigan crop catches up ?

I've been eating Canadian tomato's, lettuce, and cucumbers for years.
    What's one more crop across the border ?

Even in a Gar Wood 22' Triple Cockpit Runabout.
    Ontario still has a huge shortage. As a result, there's far too few stores in Quebec and Ontario, the Black Market is still going strong, stock prices of marijuana companies are dropping and some face cash shortages and possible bankruptcy. It's hardly been the bonanza the gov't hoped for.

It is possible to argue about it for a long time, but if it is qualitative, legal, accessible and not expensive, then what difference does it make?

Utica adopts ordinance allowing medical and recreational marijuana businesses
    UTICA — The city of Utica recently adopted an ordinance that will allow medical and recreational marijuana businesses to submit applications to request possible operations in Utica.

The Utica City Council approved the ordinance Jan. 14 at its monthly meeting.

The purpose of the ordinance is to set regulations for the operation of a medical marijuana facility or a marijuana establishment in the city of Utica. Under the ordinance, the city will authorize no more than two medical marijuana provisioning center licenses and no more than one medical marijuana grower license in the city. The ordinance says the provisioning centers will be on the west side of Van Dyke Avenue and south of Hall Road, and the growing facility will be located in an industrial zone.

The ordinance also says that the city will authorize two marijuana retailer licenses in the city that will “co-locate” with the location of a medical marijuana provisioning center. The city also will authorize no more than one marijuana grower license that will “co-locate” with the location of a licensed medical marijuana grower location....
    This ought to get interesting.

I haven't been there for a few years but as I recall, there's a park with a canoe launch there. The only vacant businesses I recall were a gas station and possibly a restaurant on River Vista St. just south of that park.

Folks aren't supposed to use it in public but it's hard to imagine it not being used on a leisurely canoe ride. ¯\_[[ツ)_/¯

Visited my first legal Michigan recreational dispensary this morning, "The Breeze" in Hazel Park. I was 3rd in line when it opened @ 9am. I was quite happy with their setup. Everyone wearing gloves, hand sanitizer everywhere, and controlled entry to limit patrons according to social distancing. Same with the line outside the store. Parking is free and ample. The product area is glassed off from the rest of the store. Bought two different kinds of flower, and also a pack of edibles. Weed prices are not cheap....$50-60 bucks for an 1/8 oz [[3.5 grams). The edibles were only $20 bucks for a package of 10 'passion fruit yummies' [[10mg a piece). I consider that a fair price.

Over-all, I was quite pleased with my experience.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast