Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What a buzz kill -- Pesticides and marijuana!

Legal weed-grower temporarily shut down over pesticides

I found "Celebrities Best Beach Bodies" more interesting.

^^^ Hah! Imagine viewing that under the influence of some tainted weed!

... Imagine viewing that under the influence of some tainted weed!
    That dredged up an old memory that is pretty shocking considered from our more enlightened perspective today:

Paraquat Pot: The True Story Of How The US Government Tried To Kill Weed Smokers With A Toxic Chemical In The 1980s

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    If you think pesticides are a problem in government-regulated pot what about the risks smoking the contraband that would otherwise be the alternative?

Government is taking action to remediate the regulated situation.

People have no idea whatsoever what they buy on the street. Pesticides are the least of their concerns.
    Odds are low that a illegal grow op is going to be flying crop dusters or useing chemicals to improve yields or pest control.

In a commercial situation the goal would be to have the best yield in the smallest amount of space and genetic messing about in order to improve potency with less,more profit driven because they now have shareholders to answer to.

Which brings into question,is a naturally grown plant more healthy for consumption verses a chemically altered one?

My guess is that big Pharm will figure out a way to produce synthetic THC or the properties within once the mainstream profit margins are there they will be able to undercut everybody.

So then the cycle will reverse back to the illegal and sought after stuff will be natural and the legal stuff will be over the counter.

Then there is the world suppliers aspect,Thailand of all places is now also legalizing it,so who knows maybe a buy on get one free Thai-stick at the local supermarket is in the future,or China will produce it cheaper then everybody else and there will be shipping containers filled with little packets of made in China weed.
    Last edited by Richard; December-29-18 at 10:20 AM.

Yes tainted booze was let loose during prohibition. Again we see history repeating itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That dredged up an old memory that is pretty shocking considered from our more enlightened perspective today:

Paraquat Pot: The True Story Of How The US Government Tried To Kill Weed Smokers With A Toxic Chemical In The 1980s

Yes tainted booze was let loose during prohibition. Again we see history repeating itself!
    A lot of the tainted booze was homemade moonshine or bathtub gin made with wood alcohol, which is toxic. If it didn't outright kill you it would cause serious maladies like Jake Leg.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    I asked you for sources for your ridiculous BS claims twice now, you've refused to provide them. It's obvious YOU don't know what you're talking about.

The voters approved this. It's legal whether you like or not. So suck on a big ol' fat J, or don't, either way your tears of sadness and concern won't change anything or allow you to get your way. We the People won, YOU lose. You being upset about it only makes it that much sweeter for me. Happy New Year!
    You never acknowledged being completely wrong about your gambling portion of that rant—and it’s funny how it hasn’t occurred to you that you ‘might’ just not have the facts about the rest of your claims too.

You must be high because you’re responding to a link to a documented source...by asking for a source.

Yes, dangy -- that's tripped out! What folks would do for a 'drank'!? I found an interesting definition of Jake Leg.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    A lot of the tainted booze was homemade moonshine or bathtub gin made with wood alcohol, which is toxic. If it didn't outright kill you it would cause serious maladies like Jake Leg.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-18 at 02:08 PM.

Just hearing that phrase in that context is funny! ----

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    You must be high because you’re responding to a link to a documented source...by asking for a source.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-18 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    A lot of the tainted booze was homemade moonshine or bathtub gin made with wood alcohol, which is toxic....
    And the U.S. government deliberately poisoned alcohol too:

That Time the US Government Poisoned Alcohol

Uh-oh. There's a pattern emerging.

^^^ Nothing surprises me in the interest of money [[relative to something people want - weed or alcohol) or control [[how that something is distributed, adulterated to control access), or both!

I doubt marijuana will be free of these age-old tendencies.

Whatever, as a small thing I just want to avoid the smoke in my face/ upon person/ property -- that's a bit of control I'll try to maintain.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-29-18 at 03:01 PM.

Yes, dangy -- that's tripped out! What folks would do for a 'drank'!? I found an interesting definition of Jake Leg.
    That IS a very interesting read. I was referring to Jake Leg more in the context of this:
    Medical Definition of jake leg. : a paralysis caused by drinking improperly distilled or contaminated liquor.
    Wood alcohol can cause neurological issues, blindness or death.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    And the U.S. government deliberately poisoned alcohol too:

That Time the US Government Poisoned Alcohol

Uh-oh. There's a pattern emerging.
    Here's an interesting read on the topic:
    https://slate.com/technology/2010/02...ohibition.html

Another unintended consequence, taxes keeping market underground. More money needed for enforcement of tax collection:

https://apnews.com/37866c4831844c5f8b82ddd87c2fe7c6

It is going to be like everything else once regulations,taxes,overhead and government gets involved it will be hard to compete with the underground.

Even at that a dispensary could buy 3 lbs underground for every legal lb that they sell and claim,it is a all cash business.

Interesting enough,the IRS could never figure out just how much revenue strip clubs made,until in the 1980s they confiscated The Doll House in Orlando and actually ran it as a business for 5 years.

I still stick with there is no way a multi billion dollar industry is going to be moved mainstream and everything is going to be hunky dory,the only benefit is going to be to the distribution at the top and the only taxpayer benefit is going to be a savings in stopping the arrests and incarceration for small users in which that savings may be enough.

The main grower and distribution center in Colorado is backed by some of the largest names in the tech industry,once the novelty wears off it will end up with just a few holding all of the cards and being corporation based.

Oh, so it's like literally every other consumer product on earth and sometimes has to be recalled for safety issues? This is a benefit of legalization and regulation that stuff like this can be detected and dealt with, not a drawback. FYI, remember when Romaine lettuce killed 5 people over the summer?

^^^ Yes, I recall. Alerts re. such including lettuce need to be known. Good the information is going forth.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-15-19 at 10:11 PM.

pets and pot? Uh, wow... trippy..

https://www.wxyz.com/news/pets-and-p...sted-marijuana

^^^ Yep, keep your stash away from pets and children! And teenagers, which will be the bigger challenge!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-16-19 at 07:07 AM.

And the Republicans are not done yet, A popular vote is not that according to the right.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...on/2162560002/

Democracy - Hah. Your vote doesn't count.
    Last edited by Bigb23; January-16-19 at 12:59 AM.

"As for Bosco, tests later confirmed he did ingest and fortunately he was back to his normal self 24 hours later."

Except Bosco kept begging to be taken back to the dog park.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    And the Republicans are not done yet, A popular vote is not that according to the right.

The bill would ban home-grown marijuana and make other changes to the ballot proposal legalizing marijuana for recreational use....
    Ok, time to get creative.

Everybody throw your seeds over the fence into their back yards!

Consider it a "campaign donation."

And do it at night like "dark money."
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-16-19 at 08:49 AM.

I guess it depends on where you are at Fl Republican governor stated that 73% voted for it so it must move forward.

They even created a “department of Cannibis” in order to get things organized.

DOC not to be confused with the department of corrections.

Maybe backed by Monsanto?

Kinda kills The whole evil Republicans and Right concept.

Maybe they could play the theme song of,Everybody must get stoned.

This was proposed during the lame duck session. This proposal is now dead since they didn't pass during the lame duck session. It would have needed to be approved by 75% of the legislature to even go forward and override the popular vote.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast