Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ nice return,it was not long ago when they were pushing pot penny stocks.

You do bring up a good point though,on a large scale situation like now Canada there is a massive income that is being removed from the picture,an income that will be replaced in some other form.

People are not going to just walk away from a billion dollar a year income and retire.

The younger ones hanging out on the corner selling weed are now put out of a job,they are still going to hustle,but what.

Large scale there is going to be a cause and effect.
    This does seem a real positive for the pot-head set. Heretofore, employment might have been out of reach for those who tested positive for weed.

Now they are not only in the hiring line, they are in the expert line.

When all those old-heads come through the door, the once unemployed will put their mad skillz to work.

win, win, and the taxpayers win again as wages are going to be paid into FICA, SS, Unemployment ...

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Keep dropping your links, it isn't going to stop Proposal 1 from soaring to victory at the polls. Maybe take a puff, it would do you some good.
    No Thanks!
    I prefer to sip a single malt or a fine liqueur.

You can praise the new Soma and let the goverment take care of you.

I'm wondering whether legalization might have an unintended consequence of chilling out some of the angry bombers/shooters we've cultivated lately.

That would be a really good side effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm wondering whether legalization might have an unintended consequence of chilling out some of the angry bombers/shooters we've cultivated lately.

That would be a really good side effect.
    From what he has written, Richard lives in Florida, so I don’t think the new law will chill him out.

^ I am sure that in Detroit weed is already easily obtainable just as it is in Florida and angry bombers and shooters have been around long before Richard was born and will be around long after.

Maybe the advent of social media and people influenced by a anonymous posters has an impact.

Maybe if they legalized 714s it would have more of an impact.

The only thing legalization does is bring it out of the shadows and remove the unnecessary jailing aspect,it already pumps millions into the economy,provides employment and taxes in a round about way.

The problem in this country is,it is still illegal at the federal level and remains an all cash business so it will still be a one toke for you and three tokes for me.

It will be okay in the beginning for a mom and pop start up smoke shop locally,but if the feds ever clear it then it will become commercialized like everything else.

I do not have a problem with it and what one does in the privacy of thier homes,I prefer the legalization of it more so to stop the legal system useing it as an excuse for incarceration for small amounts.Those funds can be used in a more productive way towards methane and pills etc.

We just need to realize that just because it becomes allowed it is not going to be everybody has a toke and a smile,it will have a whole new subset of issues.

It will be a learning curve for many years to come.
    Last edited by Richard; November-01-18 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    No Thanks!
    I prefer to sip a single malt or a fine liqueur.

You can praise the new Soma and let the goverment take care of you.
    Says the guy who wants the nanny state to ban all substances that he doesn't personally partake in. Enjoy your scotch though, even though alcohol is objectively both more harmful to the human body and collectively WAY more harmful to society than marijuana could ever hope to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Regardless how you feel about legal pot, the rollout in Canada has been terrible. The Federal gov't passes the law then quickly passes the buck to the provinces, who in turn pass some of the issues to the municipalities. There are different rules for where you can purchase it, use it and the biggest issue, how driving high is enforced.
    Since cutting back on a prodigious booze intake, I don't want anything else being made freely available - to me, anyway.

Policing of high drivers in Detroit won't be a major initiative for the DPD - it's been happening for decades. Not sure about the Mounties.

Says the guy who wants the nanny state to ban all substances that he doesn't personally partake in. Enjoy your scotch though, even though alcohol is objectively both more harmful to the human body and collectively WAY more harmful to society than marijuana could ever hope to be.
    I don't care what you want to partake of in your home.
    I simply pointing out it is not as harmless as some think.
    Legalizing it will lessen the harm in some minds and the small increase in tax revenues realized will be used up in "educating" the young about avoiding this vice as they do with alcohol already and of course dealing with all the unintended consequences of what I believe will be the increased use in public settings. So partake in the privy of your home but give your body enough time to de-tox before venturing out in public.
    Cheers!

^ I am sure that in Detroit weed is already easily obtainable just as it is in Florida and angry bombers and shooters have been around long before Richard was born and will be around long after.

Maybe the advent of social media and people influenced by a anonymous posters has an impact.

Maybe if they legalized 714s it would have more of an impact.

The only thing legalization does is bring it out of the shadows and remove the unnecessary jailing aspect,it already pumps millions into the economy,provides employment and taxes in a round about way.

The problem in this country is,it is still illegal at the federal level and remains an all cash business so it will still be a one toke for you and three tokes for me.

It will be okay in the beginning for a mom and pop start up smoke shop locally,but if the feds ever clear it then it will become commercialized like everything else.

I do not have a problem with it and what one does in the privacy of thier homes,I prefer the legalization of it more so to stop the legal system useing it as an excuse for incarceration for small amounts.Those funds can be used in a more productive way towards methane and pills etc.

We just need to realize that just because it becomes allowed it is not going to be everybody has a toke and a smile,it will have a whole new subset of issues.

It will be a learning curve for many years to come.
    Do you ever get tired not saying anything? I read that thing three times; it took you a certain number of breaths to write that thing, and you said nothing.

Except for that non sequitur about school shootings and bombing, but I digress...

It seems you spend a lot of time writing and editing; do you ever wish you said something? It’s okay if you aren’t bother by your lack of substance, that’s understandable, I was just, you know, just kind of wondering.

One thing that will be the downfall from the use of marijuana is that the users would not past the drug tests given by these companies who administer the tests for employment. Many people won't qualify for jobs unless they have a doctor's excuse saying that they take marijuana for health reasons

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Do you ever get tired not saying anything? I read that thing three times; it took you a certain number of breaths to write that thing, and you said nothing.

Except for that non sequitur about school shootings and bombing, but I digress...

It seems you spend a lot of time writing and editing; do you ever wish you said something? It’s okay if you aren’t bother by your lack of substance, that’s understandable, I was just, you know, just kind of wondering.
    So you write a whole post without saying anything,if it takes you three times to read something that is your comprehension problem,not mine.

You are the one that placed me into the bombers and shooters category,so then you call something non sequitur that you actually brought up.

Does smoking weed cloud ones comprehension abilities?
    Last edited by Richard; November-01-18 at 06:46 PM.

Actually, the key phrase seems to be “everything in moderation” alcohol in small quantities is supposed to be good for you, excessive drinking isn’t.

Nahhhhhh -- stoners have mad cognitive, creative
    and comprehension skills when high. The three c's
    Like readin, riting, rithmetic - Voted Class High Achievers

do you ever get tired not saying anything? I read that thing three times; it took you a certain number of breaths to write that thing, and you said nothing.

Except for that non sequitur about school shootings and bombing, but i digress...

It seems you spend a lot of time writing and editing; do you ever wish you said something? It’s okay if you aren’t bother by your lack of substance, that’s understandable, i was just, you know, just kind of wondering.

So you write a whole post without saying anything,if it takes you three times to read something that is your comprehension problem,not mine.

You are the one that placed me into the bombers and shooters category,so then you call something non sequitur that you actually brought up.

Does smoking weed cloud ones comprehension abilities?
    Hmm, so I guess that means “no” it doesn’t bother you to spend all that time to say nothing.

Oh, I should say that I have smoked weed, I will smoke weed, but right now I am not a fan.

Default Prop 1 Scenario

What happens if Prop 1 passes and Schuette is elected? Seems like he would do everything to stop it from happening, will of the people be damned. My .02 from FL because it won't be happening here.

This thread probably belongs here:

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/forumd...Detroit-Issues

Hmm, so I guess that means “no” it doesn’t bother you to spend all that time to say nothing.

Oh, I should say that I have smoked weed, I will smoke weed, but right now I am not a fan.
    Do you remember a post you made about 6 monthes back,chastising me about making posts that you interpreted as were about me?

And yet .....

Then you have the peanut gallery applauding you, while saying nothing as you are saying nothing while commenting to somebody for saying nothing.

All that time as you refer to is but minutes in a day,maybe you are losing track of time?

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    What happens if Prop 1 passes and Schuette is elected? Seems like he would do everything to stop it from happening, will of the people be damned. My .02 from FL because it won't be happening here.
    He's a reptile. He has no chance of getting elected. It was infuriating to watch him jump from each political stunt to weird crusade during his time as attorney general. How much taxpayer money did he waste going after gay people and guys smoking joints?

Can't wait till he loses. Couldn't happen to a bigger asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    ewww. i am continually disgusted by my own gender. the ego and arrogance is astounding.

didn't his father teach him about respect or decorum?

Richard,

Your numbing inanity is no longer a confuzzelment; seemingly, it is your constant state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    He's a reptile.

Can't wait till he loses.

Ya' know they said that about Donnie, right?

^ and what exactly does any of that have to do with the legalization of marijuana in Canada?

unless you are just feeling grumpy and want to vent,then okay,I understand.

If I was up there we could go to Canada and get stoned,one toke should do it for me anyways,then we could come back and jump on one of those little scooters and see how many people we could chase off of the sidewalks.
    Last edited by Richard; November-02-18 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Ya' know they said that about Donnie, right?
    Trump was down 2% in polling on election-eve, and had a roughly 30% chance of winning per the most reliable pollsters [[538/NY Times and the like), so the pollsters were largely correct. Trump got very lucky by winning the Rustbelt states by tiny margins.

In contrast, Schutte is trailing by double-digits and Michigan uses the popular vote, not electoral votes, so probably has no chance.

Trump lost the popular vote.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast