Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

It is astounding how many posters in this thread seem to think that this law will change the availability of this plant that is easily grown practically anywhere.

It won’t. Anyone looking for it can find it quite easily. It has been that way for decades.

The real difference is instead of wasting boat loads of money enforcing laws that have failed to be effective in the slightest, now we can at least begin to make this stupid weed start to feed income into government coffers via taxes and licensing instead of just draining those funds with expensive law enforcement resource hours and the associated ridiculously wasteful incarceration costs.

^ There you go,in the best interests of the community,everybody must get stoned.

But officer,that 30 lbs of weed in my trunk was a gift.

Im still trying to figure out why people think that legions of construction workers are suddenly going to show up to work blown out, falling off of buildings and shooting each other with nail guns just because this law passed. And why anybody who wasn't getting high before is all of the sudden going to dive head first into becoming full blown dopers. This thread is a trip, I don't even need the weed to get a good laugh off of reading this stuff.

All this law does is help prevent decent people from going to jail, and allowing people to get their weed from the corner store instead of having to hit up Bieber the heroin dealer, who won't card your kid before he sells him a bag, I promise.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; November-08-18 at 09:57 PM.

^ Bieber the herion dealer? You could have come up with something more sinister then him.

Thats like Cinderella the meth dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    ...All this law does is help prevent decent people from going to jail, and allowing people to get their weed from the corner store instead of having to hit up Bieber the heroin dealer, who won't card your kid before he sells him a bag, I promise.
    Exactly.

The gateway drugs to heroin are not cannabinoids but rather opioids, the real problem. Anyone legally selling marijuana isn't going to jeopardize their license by risking any association whatsoever with opiates of any kind.

There's a big legal profit stream at stake there now without the additional overhead of illegal subterfuge.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-08-18 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ Bieber the herion dealer? You could have come up with something more sinister then him.

Thats like Cinderella the meth dealer.
    I didn't expect you to get it.
    Last edited by detroitsgwenivere; November-08-18 at 11:08 PM.

^ you are preaching to the choir but until it is clear at the federal level it is just a patchwork.

It is like anything else there will be supporters and non supporters,it should be no surprise to reactions,like I said though,it is delusional to believe it is possible to remove a multi billion dollar industry from one sector and into another.

The only benefit will be the incarnation aspects but that in it self is going to open up a whole different door,it creates lots of cash and there are those who make it a point to relive others of it.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    Im still trying to figure out why people think that legions of construction workers are suddenly going to show up to work blown out, falling off of buildings and shooting each other with nail guns just because this law passed. And why anybody who wasn't getting high before is all of the sudden going to dive head first into becoming full blown dopers. This thread is a trip, I don't even need the weed to get a good laugh off of reading this stuff.
    It's just more of the same non-fact-based, non-science-based, hysterical fear-mongering that underlies their entire world view.

It's not like 8 other states legalized recreational marijuana before Michigan that we could look to see how it was implemented and what the results were. Nope, why would we look at evidence [[truth) when we have "truthiness?"

We won, they lost. If they don't like it, let them move to Ohio or Indiana.

One of the more interesting long-term angles to this new law is a city or township's right to opt-out of production/growing facilities or dispensaries if they choose. What they may not realize is that also means you don't get to share in the tax revenue. How long do you think that's going to last in say the Northern suburbs of Detroit ? Not only will they lose the tax revenue, their citizens will be taking their money elsewhere to spend. Easy to decide when the tax 'pot' is zero. A little tougher when there's millions at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    ...A little tougher when there's millions at stake.
    Which reminds me of a story I heard on WWJ earlier tonight that some armored car transport company [[Wells Fargo?) was entering into contract to provide secure transport for both marijuana and the cash related to this industry.

That's a story not often heard for other industries. It's not a gold rush. It's a green rush.

^ now that is interesting,I wonder if they have to stick to local and state roads,if it is still illegal at the federal level and they get on a federal highway could they be stopped for interstate trafficking and the truck and contents seized?

If you knock off armored car carrying weed profits would you face state charges as a simple robbery because they would not be able to use federal protections under the banking laws?
    Last edited by Richard; November-09-18 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    It's just more of the same non-fact-based, non-science-based, hysterical fear-mongering that underlies their entire world view.

It's not like 8 other states legalized recreational marijuana before Michigan that we could look to see how it was implemented and what the results were. Nope, why would we look at evidence [[truth) when we have "truthiness?"

Let me give you all the science you really need - smoke a Joint you get stoned. Smoke a joint of really good weed and you get really stoned. If you want to work on the skeleton of a high rise stoned or do some other dangerous work stoned that’s fine with me, go ahead, it’ll be fun, unless it turns out not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Let me give you all the science you really need - smoke a Joint you get stoned. Smoke a joint of really good weed and you get really stoned. If you want to work on the skeleton of a high rise stoned or do some other dangerous work stoned that’s fine with me, go ahead, it’ll be fun, unless it turns out not to be.
    Let me give you all the science you really need - drink whiskey you get drunk. Drink really strong whiskey and you get really drunk.

Either way, you're fired if you show up to work, and you're arrested if you're caught driving.

Yep! Too stoned or drunk is not a good time! Especially when operating heavy machinery! ----

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post

*Results in Detroit and Colorado not applicable.

Denver gives their school system 153 million a year in tax proceeds from Pot sales,9 million is directed at educating the students on the dangers of drug use.

They were interviewing the corporation that commercialized manufacturing and distribution,backed by investors from google,Microsoft and the other tech company’s.

They were saying that 20% of the hardcore smokers account for 70% of the sales.

They also said there has been an admitted increase of 15,000 that said they now smoke when they did not before,but that will proably fluctuate as some try it and decide not to continue.

There is a lot more but clearly even though it has become legalized the controversy on the health benefits etc. are really what they say they are continues.

The funny part is thier marketing is based on thier products are much superior then the cartels because they are processed in a controlled safe environment.

What was interesting is they did a tour of the factory and research facility that the research facility would rival a multi billion dollar drug company,they had like 50 different scientists in there doing experiments and testing.

They made a point of saying it was a federally approved facility.

I have worked construction for almost 30 years. If there was a way of enforcing that no one who smoked weed could work I guarentee alot of folks would be gone. It would be an entirely different situation. Some of the best guys are stoners. True fact

^ In the trades I would agree with that.

But Elon Musk decided to bring it up on a national level and now NASA has launched an investigation into drug use culture at SpaceX which is in line for another 6 billion in taxpayer contracts.

I think that is going set the stage of how it is excepted or tolerated at the federal or companies applying for government contracts,the other thing is going to be with on job accidents,as of now drug and alcohol testing after an accident is required by insurance companies,is that going to change as one could smoke a joint and still have it in thier system 3 days later.
    Last edited by Richard; November-21-18 at 09:06 AM.

Personally, I'm enjoying the reaction of some friends, relatives, and public figures to the passage of this measure. The various angles of discussions around quantity, strength, taxation, drug offense amnesty, safety, etc, are all important. However don't forget the most the fundamental main issue that was decided here. Some people just can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that a majority of people want to be able to use marijuana legally in it's various forms if they choose. When I listen to some of the comments being made by some local law enforcement figures and politicians, it's quite clear to me that they just don't get it. They're still willing and prepared to fight the 'war against reefer madness' from the last century. One council women actually made the comment, "We're still trying to deal with medical marijuana !". It's been almost 10 years...maybe it's time some people like you lose their job because of that. What does it say about our State government when it takes almost 9 years and counting to properly respond to the will of the people about a medical issue ? What does it say about our Federal government when over 30 States have legalized marijuana either medically, recreationally, or both....and they can't manage to respond to the will of the people by logically de-scheduling the drug or allowing for proper federal banking and commerce laws ? If you voted yes on this proposal, don't even think the war is over. In some ways it's just begun.

And remember people, they don't drug test for pensions.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Let me give you all the science you really need - drink whiskey you get drunk. Drink really strong whiskey and you get really drunk.

Either way, you're fired if you show up to work, and you're arrested if you're caught driving.
    Well yeah that’s true. However, a person can have one or two drinks or more over a period of time [[like an evening)
    and not be drunk and be legal to drive. Smoke a joint of the really good stuff and you’re going to get blitzed. Which is fine with me, if that’s what you want to do.

I’m 6’2 and 215lbs [[on a good day) I can have 2 drinks over the course of an hour and not be over the limit. At least I think I’m not.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Well yeah that’s true. However, a person can have one or two drinks or more over a period of time [[like an evening)
    and not be drunk and be legal to drive. Smoke a joint of the really good stuff and you’re going to get blitzed. Which is fine with me, if that’s what you want to do.

I’m 6’2 and 215lbs [[on a good day) I can have 2 drinks over the course of an hour and not be over the limit. At least I think I’m not.
    That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    As far as drugs go I have never seen anybody kill someone over a dime bag...
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...it-s-west-side

https://www.freep.com/story/news/mar...ay/2217854002/

Spark it and plant it !

Now it's time to legalize the growing of industrial hemp for everyone's benefit.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashoka/.../#283b22f289b1

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/mar...ay/2217854002/

Spark it and plant it !

Now it's time to legalize the growing of industrial hemp for everyone's benefit.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashoka/.../#283b22f289b1
    Thanks for all the info.

I don't use it but I still feel like celebrating. Maybe I'll indulge in a big bag of Doritos — if there are any left on the shelf!

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead

A great day in Michigan in many ways, first off for personal freedom. Beyond that the state stands to benefit in revenue to be gained and revenue not wasted in prosecution and incarceration resulting from prohibition arrests. Win. Win. Win.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast