Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Night out at the Redford Theater and a question

I had a lovely evening out at the Redford Theater on Saturday. We went to see Phantom of the Opera with the organ accompaniment. This was my first time to the Redford and it was great!

Walking back to the car, I spotted a structure across the street. Like a gothic gazebo. I can't find information on it via Google. Perhaps I'm not using the correct phrasing. Can someone tell me what that structure is?

Thank you,

Holly

I found a photo online. https://davidlegg.aminus3.com/image/2010-01-12.html

Thanks to David Legg, where ever you are!

The gazebo appears to be a collaboration between Blight Busters and Public Art Workz [[PAWZ), the nonprofit started by artist Chazz Miller. This article from 2008 talks about the plans for it:

Murals created by Miller with the assistance of volunteers already dot the area. More are planned, as is a project to construct within the next few weeks, a 34-foot-tall temple-like gazebo that will have a barbecue pit and outdoor pizza oven that will serve as another community gathering place.

Thank you!