Joe Louis Arena Demolition
JOE LOUIS ARENA DEMOLITION »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default For the movie buffs

Producers Jerry Bruckheimer and Robert Shay were also from Detroit. Let's not forget Sam Raimi, and Bruce Campbell.

And Roger Corman!

Quote Originally Posted by robtandersen View Post
    Producers Jerry Bruckheimer and Robert Shay were also from Detroit. Let's not forget Sam Raimi, and Bruce Campbell.
    Jerry Bruckheimer used to the on the 19900 block of Ardmore just north of W. 7 Mile Rd near Vassar Dr. in Detroit. just a mile from my old Detroit home on Ardmore St.

Danny Thomas grew up on 93 Adelaide St. just east of Woodward Ave. in Brush Park for a while. He and his family were Chaldean descent. His home is still there now a group home.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3424...7i16384!8i8192

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Danny Thomas grew up on 93 Adelaide St. just east of Woodward Ave. in Brush Park for a while. He and his family were Chaldean descent. His home is still there now a group home.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3424...7i16384!8i8192
    Danny Thomas was Lebanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Tom Sizemore went to Bishop Gallagher and grew up in Detroit, I believe near St. John Hospital. Good actor but at some point, his life style screwed that up.

Wally Cox...went to Denby
    Actually, Tom Sizemore grew up near Gratiot & 6 mile on Hamburg.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    Danny Thomas was Lebanese.
    His daughter Marlo Thomas was also born here. Casey Kasem was another celebrity who came from Detroit's Lebanese community. As did pioneering (and later controversial) female White House reporter Helen Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Jerry Bruckheimer used to the on the 19900 block of Ardmore just north of W. 7 Mile Rd near Vassar Dr. in Detroit. just a mile from my old Detroit home on Ardmore St.
    That specific part of NW Detroit was very Jewish 50 years ago, and was home to quite a few future celebrities. They almost all went to Mumford.

Madonna grew up in Rochester Hills

Francis Ford Coppola - from wikipedia
    Coppola was born in Detroit, Michigan, to father Carmine Coppola (1910–1991),[6] a flautist with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra,

Ray Parker Jr. (Ghostbusters) went to Cass Tech, he was in a couple of my classes.

Elizabeth Berkley was born and raised in Farmington Hills,

She graduated in 1990 from North Farmington High School in Farmington Hills after previously having attended the Cranbrook Kingswood School,

Berkley's most notable roles were as Jessie Spano in the television series Saved by the Bell, and as Nomi Malone in the 1995 Paul Verhoeven film Showgirls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Berkley

Casey Kasem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2