Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Cantrell Funeral Home

LARA removes bodies from that place in April, shuts it down and begins their investigation. One would think that they searched the place looking for additional remains - how did they miss 11 child corpses in a ceiling? Must have never had a cadaver dog in that place until the latest find. Doesn’t sound like LARA did too good of a job over there.

Just recently found out about this. A black eye for the city of Flint , again.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-14-18 at 03:09 AM.

Is it just me or does Detroit have a weird problem with funeral homes not properly taking care of bodies? I feel like we hear about this repeatedly through the years. This is probably the worst I've heard about though.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    LARA removes bodies from that place in April, shuts it down and begins their investigation. One would think that they searched the place looking for additional remains - how did they miss 11 child corpses in a ceiling? Must have never had a cadaver dog in that place until the latest find. Doesn’t sound like LARA did too good of a job over there.
    More so, it doesn’t sound like the funeral home “did too good of a job over there”.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Is it just me or does Detroit have a weird problem with funeral homes not properly taking care of bodies? I feel like we hear about this repeatedly through the years. This is probably the worst I've heard about though.
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...gan/107110370/

Not a popular opinion, but it seems like majority minority MI cities have a problem - is this black on black crime, the community preying on its own? Is this evidence of a systemic breakdown of society? muck FAGA tho

Who's Lara Cantrell and what place does she work for?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    There were Cantrell funeral around Detroit with several locations. I know a couple have closed. I wonder if it's any relation? The article linked cites "Swanson". Maybe the two have merged.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fune...eral-home/8235

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Just recently found out about this. A black eye for the city of Flint , again.
    This has nothing to do with Flint. Cantrell Funeral Home is on Mack Avenue in DETROIT.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You cannot blame L.A.R.A. for this. One cannot reasonably expect that anybody would store bodies in a false ceiling. The culpability for this rests solely with the mentally defective person who placed the bodies in the ceiling in the first place.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; October-14-18 at 07:22 AM.

Swanson is top re. funeral homes in Detroit in regards to reputation and proper business. I am certain they desire no connection to this. I could not find the connection... did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    There were Cantrell funeral around Detroit with several locations. I know a couple have closed. I wonder if it's any relation? The article linked cites "Swanson". Maybe the two have merged.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/fune...eral-home/8235

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Swanson is top re. funeral homes in Detroit in regards to reputation and proper business. I am certain they desire no connection to this. I could not find the connection... did I miss something?
    Good Morning Zacha341, I'm familiar with Swanson Funeral Home and always considered them upscale. From the Freep link posted by Hybridy, I saw the "Swanson" name and thought there might be an affiliation. The article says no. I thought the last time I drove by Cantrell on Mack, I thought they were closed permanently. Bodies left in boxes is negligence, bodies hidden in floorboards is deliberate. The scenario is disgusting. These are someone's loved ones. This sounds like a scam. Someone was pocketing the money.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-14-18 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    It's you because the article is about Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    It's you because the article is about Flint.
    The Swanson's funeral home in Flint is/was connected to the ones in Detroit.

The son of the person who ran the Detroit locations ran the location in Flint.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7_oPSl_cn18&t=65s

If you seriously believe there are no ties and the apple fell far from the tree, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-14-18 at 09:58 AM.

BTW, just so everyone knows, the same people who ran Cantrell's on Mack are running the new location in Eastpointe.

https://www.qacantrellfunerals.com

"Compassion, commitment, and service are the focus of Q A Cantrell Funeral Services. Our mission is to establish a long-lasting, trusting relationship with the community and surrounding areas. Our father, Raymond E. Cantrell, founder of Cantrell Funeral Home in Detroit, has provided excellent service for over 50 years. AS the next generation of funeral directors, our goal is to continue in his footprints of quality, family-oriented and customer focused funeral service."
    Last edited by 313WX; October-14-18 at 09:55 AM.

LARA = The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

https://www.michigan.gov/lara
    Last edited by hybridy; October-14-18 at 10:17 AM.

Swanson has father - son operations. The son went off the rails and daddy doesn’t want to be affiliated.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/14/mortic...nt-of-corpses/

Yeah, I knew that. The periods in between the letters in earlier posts helped indicate it was a acronym. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    LARA = The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs

https://www.michigan.gov/lara

Yeah, elder Swanson's people handled Ms. Aretha Franklin's funeral.

No way do they want this negative connection. Sounds like it's going to be a grand Thanksgiving family gathering for the Swanson's!!

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Swanson has father - son operations. The son went off the rails and daddy doesn’t want to be affiliated.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/14/mortic...nt-of-corpses/
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-14-18 at 10:47 AM.

Talk about a creepy ghoulish story just in time for Halloween...

Swanson's is ~the~ celebrity funeral home--Rosa Parks, Coleman Young, Aretha...

LARA is too busy making the state tons of money licensing marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    BTW, just so everyone knows, the same people who ran Cantrell's on Mack are running the new location in Eastpointe.

"Compassion, commitment, and service are the focus of Q A Cantrell Funeral Services. Our mission is to establish a long-lasting, trusting relationship with the community and surrounding areas. Our father, Raymond E. Cantrell, founder of Cantrell Funeral Home in Detroit, has provided excellent service for over 50 years. As the next generation of funeral directors, our goal is to continue in his footprints of quality, family-oriented and customer focused funeral service."
    Should that be bolded instead?

Should that be bolded instead?
    Ah, good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

There are 11 babies in that attic, stuffed in boxes and small caskets. I don't think we should associate this horrible tragedy with Halloween...where is the outrage in the community?

Yeah, I knew that. The periods in between the letters in earlier posts helped indicate it was a acronym. LOL!
    I was clarifying for Meddle

I know you were, just having a bit o' fun......

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

Admin, I find this post offensive. Please delete it.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-14-18 at 11:23 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast