Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Somebody is selling a Heidelberg house.

I find it very intriguing. Maybe a way to fund future projects.?https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-01945?view=qv

There's one born every minute.

Interior shots of home strangely absent......

This house is not part of the Heidelberg project. If you zoom in on the photo you will see the artist's declaration. The owner has an adversarial relationship with the Heidelberg people. I'm a little shocked that he's selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Margarite View Post
    This house is not part of the Heidelberg project. If you zoom in on the photo you will see the artist's declaration. The owner has an adversarial relationship with the Heidelberg people. I'm a little shocked that he's selling.
    That is very interesting, and I distinctly recall that house. I find its installation to be more interesting than the rest of the street, actually.

Sidebar but I think the HP is played out. A bunch of stuff strewn around for decades; we get it. I recall TG saying it was a means to bring attention to and stop the decline of the neighborhood, and that area has never been worse off. He's a pretty mercurial guy, too. I give him credit; I've definitely gotten enjoyment out of it over the years, especially back when there truly was very little to do in Detroit, it was fun to go see. But perhaps now it is time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Margarite View Post
    Indeed. That house is owned by Tim Burke.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/FAQ_Answ...eople_are.html

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    There's one born every minute.
    I'll be curious if there's been one born yet that'll pay $399,000...

It all depends on how valuable the Heidelberg Project is long term. Should it become a protected historical site triggering surrounding development, perhaps it would have value. If there is some covenant where the current artist’s, Tim Burke, work has to be maintained it could get complicated.