Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Ranked Last in "Honesty" Experiment

This was conducted by a Youtuber in 20 citiess and Detroit ended up at the bottom of the pack.

Not surprised, frankly...

That was a great experiment! Two out of three returned is way higher than I might have expected. Alas for Detroit, of course, but huzzah for my adopted home of Las Vegas [['scusa me for bragging!)

If it makes you feel any better, 313WX, twice I've found wallets in Detroit and both times I returned them intact. The second one took some doing because the guy's number was unlisted, and I wasn't about to drive out to Bloomfield Hills. Good experiment and good post.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; September-29-18 at 12:46 PM.

Why are you people spamming this worthless video everywhere??? I'm not surprised you would post this, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    ...spamming this worthless video...
    If you feel that way, then simply ignore it.
    Last edited by 313WX; September-30-18 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, 313WX, twice I've found wallets in Detroit and both times I returned them intact. The second one took some doing because the guy's number was unlisted, and I wasn't about to drive out to Bloomfield Hills. Good experiment and good post.
    What I also didn't know is that USPS will mail the wallet back to their owner if you simply drop it in the mailbox.

Definitely good information for everyone, especially those who face a situation similar to your second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Why are you people spamming this worthless video everywhere??? I'm not surprised you would post this, tbh.

Well done. At least you didn't end your post with a tbd.

Maybe people in Detroit didn’t return the wallets bc they’re better at spotting video hoaxes.

My own experience with a wallet lost in Royal Oak in the eighties
    was that it came back to me in the mail but the money in the
    wallet had been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    What I also didn't know is that USPS will mail the wallet back to their owner if you simply drop it in the mailbox.

Definitely good information for everyone, especially those who face a situation similar to your second one.
    ... depending on the honesty of the USPS drivers in Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    ... depending on the honesty of the USPS drivers in Detroit?
    My thoughts exactly.

Anyone also notice the 248 area code ph. #?