Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Is Wednesday the worst traffic day?

During my commute I've noticed the most traffic on Wednesdays, even during the summer. I am thinking that a lot of people take Fridays off at least sometime rather than a long vacation and a lot of college classes don't include Fridays too.

For the same reason, Mondays haven't been that bad, building into Tuesdays and then receding on Thursdays.

So in other words, we all work at least one day a week - Wednesday!

Not me. I'm retired. But just returned to my suburban Las Vegas home after two weeks in Michigan. Tuesday driving I-96 from New Hudson to Farmington, it was a 30 minute parking lot. Fortunately, I was heading for the Metro airport and left extra early, so just took my time and smiled at all the folks heading for work and going through that traffic torture every day.

But, hey, Detlump......Wednesday is HUMP DAY!!!

My completely unscientific opinion is that there could be an element associated with working from home days. Many companies now allow, even encourage, employees to work from home every so often. We have this at my employer, and it seems that hardly anybody chooses Wednesdays as their work from home day.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrealone View Post
    We have this at my employer, and it seems that hardly anybody chooses Wednesdays as their work from home day.
    I'm so happy to have Wednesday as my WFH day if it's worse traffic day.

Looks like Friday's aren't much better....

https://www.wnem.com/news/one-in-cus...72369118f.html

I read somewhere a while back that Wednesday's are the most productive day of the week, too. So it would make sense that more people are actually engaged in productive work, unlike, say, today.