Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Why is it so hard to understand?

The allegations are not federal crimes so not in the FBIs scope.

The FBI has clearly stated no case,case closed.

The FBI has clearly stated it would be unable to come to a conclusion because of no evidence outside of he said she said.

But yet let’s all run around demanding the FBI investigates.

Considering the hostile relationship between the current president and the FBI people do not think that they would not jump at the chance to discredit anything Trump? But yet they are not that stupid.

I hope people in the future people do not start crying when the police show up at somebody’s door and randomly jails them based on no evidence,I think our jails are full enough.
    Last edited by Richard; September-27-18 at 04:42 PM.

This has nothing to do with whether or not or where a crime may have been committed. The FBI conducts fact-finding background investigations of all federal judicial nominees, and sends their findings to the Senate. Supplemental investigations can be requested by the Senate Judiciary Committee, and are often undertaken when there is some question about the original investigation or new evidence comes to light.

Supplemental investigations of judicial nominees are not uncommon, and have reportedly been undertaken 10 times in the last few months. The FBI performed a supplemental investigation in the Clarence Thomas/Anita Hill matter. Interestingly, one of the loudest calls for that investigation came from a Senator named Orrin Hatch.

But my point here is not that such investigations exist and could easily have been done here. My point above is that the Republicans really screwed up here by not having such an investigation done, and instead spent much of today publicly shooting themselves in the foot and turning this into a public political spectacle that makes them look foolish, ugly, cynical, and disastrously out of touch.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; September-27-18 at 05:12 PM.

Questions might be raised as to why Chinese Communist spy harborer Diane Feinstein sat on Professor Ford's letter for three months if Democrats wanted to call in the FBI and why professor Ford never reported her story for 30+ years, went to the police, or the FBI assuming it to be true. It's a little late in the game. No matter, according to US News, Brent Kavanaugh has already been investigated by the FBI .

"Kavanaugh came to the hearing having survived six FBI background investigations, something Democrats repeatedly sought Thursday, even asking the appeals court judge to ask for it himself. But he declined to do so.

Kavanaugh previously had submitted 17,000 pages of judicial opinions, speeches and writings and answered more than 1,200 written questions. Nearly 300,000 pages of documents from his White House years were reviewed. And in recent days, he was interviewed three times by the committee's staff about multiple claims of sexual misconduct in his youth."

Democrats don't seem to be as concerned about the better documented physical assault allegations by two women against Rep. Kieth Ellison [[D) complete with 911 and hospital records from the time of his alleged assaults. Rep. Ellison is now running to be Minnesota's new Attorney General. Until some documentation and witnesses appear in support of Professor Ford, Democrats might be better off to go after Rep. Ellison to show how much they care about women.
    Last edited by oladub; September-27-18 at 08:29 PM.

Last edited by Zacha341; September-28-18 at 05:55 AM.

Republicans indicted themselves
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/opini...tis/index.html

From article:

Every one of the 11 Republican senators on the committee is a white man. They didn't trust themselves not to appear hostile to Ford. They were right to worry. Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley barely spoke to Ford. He opened the hearing with a brief attempt to seem fair, followed by a partisan screed that confirmed he had no intention of getting at the truth.

Their hired hand, Rachel Mitchell, an Arizona prosecutor, was dismally ineffective. But then, she had the impossible task of undercutting Ford's credibility. And few, if any, who saw her tell her story doubted for a second that she was telling the truth.

Kavanaugh Hearing Runs Red Hot With Partisan Anger
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...er_138192.html

From article:

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, called the hearing a "national disgrace," while Texas Sen. John Cornyn said it was the most "embarrassing scandal for the U.S. Senate since the McCarthy hearings" in the 1950s.

Fellow Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said Democrats' treatment of Kavanaugh was the "most despicable thing" he has seen in politics.

On the other side, Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand called the hearing fundamentally "unfair" to Christine Blasey Ford, a California professor who says Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when both were in high school. Kavanaugh denied the allegation. Republicans assigned a female prosecutor to question Ford on their behalf, even though "she's not on trial," Gillibrand said.

Gillibrand and other Democrats were outraged that Republicans did not force a high school friend of Kavanaugh and other witnesses to testify under oath. Ford says Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge was present when the attack occurred.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-28-18 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Republicans indicted themselves
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/opini...tis/index.html

From article:

Every one of the 11 Republican senators on the committee is a white man. They didn't trust themselves not to appear hostile to Ford. They were right to worry. Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley barely spoke to Ford. He opened the hearing with a brief attempt to seem fair, followed by a partisan screed that confirmed he had no intention of getting at the truth.

Their hired hand, Rachel Mitchell, an Arizona prosecutor, was dismally ineffective. But then, she had the impossible task of undercutting Ford's credibility. And few, if any, who saw her tell her story doubted for a second that she was telling the truth.

Kavanaugh Hearing Runs Red Hot With Partisan Anger
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...er_138192.html

From article:

Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, called the hearing a "national disgrace," while Texas Sen. John Cornyn said it was the most "embarrassing scandal for the U.S. Senate since the McCarthy hearings" in the 1950s.

Fellow Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said Democrats' treatment of Kavanaugh was the "most despicable thing" he has seen in politics.

On the other side, Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand called the hearing fundamentally "unfair" to Christine Blasey Ford, a California professor who says Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when both were in high school. Kavanaugh denied the allegation. Republicans assigned a female prosecutor to question Ford on their behalf, even though "she's not on trial," Gillibrand said.

Gillibrand and other Democrats were outraged that Republicans did not force a high school friend of Kavanaugh and other witnesses to testify under oath. Ford says Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge was present when the attack occurred.

And another 4 years of nothing getting done.

Merrick Garland

They offered to fly her to California to have private hearing,but she said that she did not fly.

How did she get to Washington? Walk?

I agree the senate will be running around in circles but thankfully the president is persevering and still getting things done.

There is no statue of limitations in Maryland,how come the first step in going to the police and opening an investigation was not used?

The dems turned it in to a stage show and used Ford as a pawn just like Bernie.

The more I see,the more it makes me want to be a staunch republican supporter verses an independent.
    Last edited by Richard; September-28-18 at 09:11 AM.

He's toast. If HE DIDN'T do it, he's done reputation-wise. Bye. Further, he appeared weak in defending himself many will argue. If HE DID it, his apology will be far more faceted than Bill Clinton's 'fess up! Buh-Bye!

A full confession would be odious - leading to even more mockery and contempt towards those claiming traditional values [[those damn right-wingers). Oh the Hypocrisy! [[exclusive only to the repup-ba's, of course)

In the interest of ascribing people right or wrong, left or right without variance the independents and centrists are forced to choose sides of allegiance -- or judged if they refuse to. Great!

There were far better conservative options POTUS Trump could have picked over a Bush-era person. Especially as Trump claimed to be clearing the 'swamp' this and that such as the Bush legacy of folk. Ugh, right...

Perhaps Trump will ask Kavanaugh to go gently-into-the-night [[ala fall on his sword) and bow out -- owing to the stress on his family, et al.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-28-18 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    He's toast. If HE DIDN'T do it, he's done reputation-wise. Bye. Further, he appeared weak in defending himself many will argue. If HE DID it, his apology will be far more faceted than Bill Clinton's 'fess up! Buh-Bye!

A full confession would be odious - leading to even more mockery and contempt towards those claiming traditional values [[those damn right-wingers). Oh the Hypocrisy! [[exclusive only to the repub-ba's, of course)

In the interest of ascribing people right or wrong, left or right without variance the independents and centrists are forced to choose sides of allegiance -- or judged if they refuse to. Great!

There were far better conservative options POTUS Trump could have picked over a Bush-era person. Especially as Trump claimed to be clearing the 'swamp' this and that such as the Bush legacy of folk. Ugh, right...

Perhaps Trump will ask Kavanaugh to gently go-into-the-night [[ala go fall on his sword) and bow out -- owing to the stress on his family, et al.
    His reputation is undoubtedly tainted, but I'm not so sure of the rest. Senator Flake just announced his support for confirmation, so if the vote is held today Kavanvaugh is likely still just one vote away from confirmation. A "yes" from Collins or Murkowski and a Pence tie break if necessary and Kavanaugh is a SCOTUS judge.

I would support a longer investigation before confirmation, but I think everyone that's honest about it knows that would make no difference. After 35 years these accusations can't be proven or disproven, and all a delay will do is extend the circus. Short of Ford or Kavanaugh changing their stories, it's going to be 49 no votes from Democratic senators no matter the outcome of any further investigation.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; September-28-18 at 10:27 AM.

^^^ I hear that.

1. All of those odious MEN sticking up for him! ----

2. All of those mean hysterical WOMEN otherwise! ----

That'll be the sole takeaway for some!

Get yourself to the prescribe side of the road as ordered. Now!
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-28-18 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Corey Booker's questioning regarding Kavanaugh's drinking habits was worse. Booker was actually making statements regarding Kavanaugh's supposed drinking habits in high school, then suggesting that Judge Kavanaugh had just made them. It was ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Corey Booker's questioning regarding Kavanaugh's drinking habits was worse. Booker was actually making statements regarding Kavanaugh's supposed drinking habits in high school, then suggesting that Judge Kavanaugh had just made them. It was ugly.
    Kavanaugh bragged about his heavy drinking, and his friends confirmed it. They confirmed he was a belligerent, violent drunk.

We know Kavanaugh lied under oath, we know he's a nasty person, he's likely a rapist and he's certainly a Trump/Fox/Breitbart cultist.

Kavanaugh has always been a devout christian, how could he possibly be as bad as some people say he is?

It don't make no sense, none.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    LOLOLOL...get outta here. You really believe that's her? Especially coming from a trash news site with headings that say "Obama Indictment", "Kerchner vs Obama", "Protecting Obama"?

My post was in regard to Kavanagh snidely answering a question with a question twice, to a Senator, [[stumbling to answer) something he did several times during the hearing.
    Last edited by Maof; September-28-18 at 07:00 PM.

These two articles in Slate kill it:

Fear a Justice Brett Kavanaugh
    As his confirmation steamrolls ahead, Americans should be terrified.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...kavanaugh.html

Brett Kavanaugh’s Testimony Made It Easier Than Ever to Picture Him as an Aggressive, Entitled Teen
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-teenager.html

I grew up in Grosse Pointe several decades ago.
    He is such a recognizable character!
    Last edited by bust; September-28-18 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    These two articles in Slate kill it:

Fear a Justice Brett Kavanaugh
    As his confirmation steamrolls ahead, Americans should be terrified.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...kavanaugh.html

Brett Kavanaugh’s Testimony Made It Easier Than Ever to Picture Him as an Aggressive, Entitled Teen
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-teenager.html

PS. Look at this:

Trump-loving Grosse Pointe Shores councilman posts memes joking about sex assault
    https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...ut-sex-assault

Last edited by Jimaz; September-28-18 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    LOLOLOL...get outta here. You really believe that's her? Especially coming from a trash news site with headings that say "Obama Indictment", "Kerchner vs Obama", "Protecting Obama"?

My post was in regard to Kavanagh snidely answering a question with a question twice, to a Senator, [[stumbling to answer) something he did several times during the hearing.
    o,I do not know,like CNN,Washington post etc is a stellar reliable news source?

Like at one time she said she called her friend on the cell phone in 1982 but hand held cell phones did not come out to the public until 1984.Two years later.

She was well known and admitted to as having a severe drinking problem and told her friend of the 65 partners in four years,so something may have very well have happened,it just may be a bit difficult to remember if one is under the influence regularly,it may have a tendency to cloud ones memories.

Kavanaghs mother presided over a foreclosure process that her parents were involved in and even though it was at a minute capacity and it turned out okay for her parents there still may be some resentment there at everybody and anybody that was involved in the process.

She had posted on Facebook that claims of sexual misconduct would be a good way to stop another judge getting appointed to the bench.

The senator questioning Kavanaugh,if you did not watch,went on about how her father was a alcoholic and at age 90 he is still in the program.

If one had lived a lifetime with a alcoholic and witnessed what it does to families, it becomes a bit biased when you think that just because they drink beer they are a clone of what you witnessed all of those years.

She asked him and grilled him as if he was an alcoholic,his reply was,yes we drank beers,yes we got drunk while in collage.

So he asked her if she ever did the same when she attended collage,meaning a lot of collage students drink beer and get drunk,just like a lot of adults.

All the questions were trying to place him as a alcoholic,which drinking some beer and getting drunk does not make everybody an alcoholic.

He later apologized for saying that,I would have told her to piss off.

She is no fan of his wife,she gave her a look that only another woman can give.

So anyways,if it was really about the content they would have appointed him and still proceded with the investigation,but everything that is happening is about stalling the appointment.

If the FBI does the investigation and finds evidence that he was not involved,then she needs to be brought up on charges as well as the senators.

My question is,how come you have democratic senators so up in arms about this but they will not reveal the names behind the 15 million that was paid out for sexual misbehavior by the exact same senators that are stalling the confirmation?

Watching the whole thing gives me a headache,I think the Muslims have it right,in the mosque women and men are separated,they do not eat or worship together,we should expand that into the workplace,separate and have no contact,women wear the long dress thingy and cover thier head so there is no temptation.

Anymore if one has any contact wear a hidden camara and microphone,film and tape everything and trust no one,because as we see,all it takes is somebody pissed off and you are finished.

Women have become a liability and potential bombshell in the work force,to risky to hire anymore.

Or maybe follow the mantra of facts and convictions before we hang somebody out to dry based solely on an accusation.

Not that either scenario is going to happen.

But like it was posted,we have heard the same thing the FBI is going to hear,they cannot go to the house for evidence,35 years later details are going to be fuzzy and 1 week from now it will still be,she said he said,and that is all you got.

Unless we throw some waterboading or eletrcial shock in there,but people do not seem keen on that,so it is tea and crumpets and asking questions.

It has been a bit entertaining though and it does kinda keep us on our toes as to the level of how some people just suck.

If one wants others to act like the adult in the room they should also act accordingly.

Name:  ytARaCc.png
Views: 268
Size:  158.7 KB

NOTE: I am NOT a Hillary Clinton supporter.
    [[But she would have been a helluva lot better than Trump)

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I grew up in Bloomfield, and attended supposedly elite schools. I went to school with the kids whose dads headed the Big 3, as well as the biggest suppliers.

I know SO many Kavanaughs. He's an entitled prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    o,I do not know,like CNN,Washington post etc is a stellar reliable news source?
    Reliable?

CNN: Mostly, but I agree, not great. They sensationalize. A lot.
    Washington Post: Hell yes. One of the best.

But criticism about reliability from you is hilarious.
    You typically spew your ridiculousness without citation, and when you do cite a reference, it's usually from a site like conservativefighters.org.
    Last edited by bust; September-28-18 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Kavanaugh bragged about his heavy drinking, and his friends confirmed it. They confirmed he was a belligerent, violent drunk.

We know Kavanaugh lied under oath, we know he's a nasty person, he's likely a rapist and he's certainly a Trump/Fox/Breitbart cultist.
    Actualy his yearbook and friends confirmed that he was in the Ralph club,or could not hold his beer without puking.Which would kinda put a damper on the heavy drinking aspect.

Considering the amount of sports he was involved in,it would be doubtful he could be a running back or attending pratice without puking halfway through.

I am thinking that you are likely a rapist,with all of that anger and constant lashing out,it does not have to be true,I have to believe it is,therefore it is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast