Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default New Housing Development in Warrendale

On yesterday's Tour de Troit, we rode past what appears to be
    a substantial new residential development near the corner of
    Tireman and Clayburn. It is suburban style row homes or condos. I wonder which developer or organization is investing in new residential units in Warrendale?

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    I wonder which developer or organization is investing in new residential units in Warrendale?
    That would be you investing via your federal tax contributions. It's Gardenview Estates, which is the replacement for the Herman Gardens housing project.

Detroit demolished all of its family housing projects in recent years. It kept a few senior projects.

Quote Originally Posted by renf View Post
    On yesterday's Tour de Troit, we rode past what appears to be
    a substantial new residential development near the corner of
    Tireman and Clayburn. It is suburban style row homes or condos. I wonder which developer or organization is investing in new residential units in Warrendale?
    That is not Warrendale...It's Herman Gardens.... aka Kwame and Bobby Ferguson kickback city project....

Thanks for the helpful info. OK it is the Herman Gardens neighborhood.

And again with the preditable and lazy anti-government commentary. Stay klassy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    And again with the preditable and lazy anti-government commentary. Stay klassy.
    I don't see any such commentary. Projecting much?

BUMP...

New subject please.

Speaking of which, how is Warrendale? Last I was there a couple years ago let's just say it was NOT GREAT. Has any of the spillover from downtown that has affected other outlying neighborhoods positively [[i.e. University District, EEV) trickled to Warrendale? I used to have family there, Polish, naturally.

How about the development on Ewald Circle east of Livernois?