Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Yzerman to Detroit to Save the Dead Things?

Well, let the rumors start to swirl!! Later Holland!

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ng/1268034002/

I'm ready for a change. Holland's ways worked well before the salary cap, he's had diminishing effectiveness since.

Apparently he told the players "I am going home to Detroit."

That could mean anything. I take that to mean he is not interested in the job beyond this year [[the end of his contract) but has too much pride to not pass the job off to someone that he can help this season.

I expect Holland to retire after this year and Steve Yzerman steps in before next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    Apparently he told the players "I am going home to Detroit."

That could mean anything. I take that to mean he is not interested in the job beyond this year [[the end of his contract) but has too much pride to not pass the job off to someone that he can help this season.

I expect Holland to retire after this year and Steve Yzerman steps in before next years draft.
    That is hopefully the scenario. By then Yzerman should have a fairly young team with a few high draft picks on the roster, a few more expensive vets and their contracts gone, and Larkin in a leadership role.

In his press conference, he said he's going to stay with the Lightning in an advisory role for the upcoming season, and did not give a definitive answer on what he's doing beyond that. So, Wings, hopefully.

I too hope he does. Man is the definition of a class act. Be a cool story too!

He can't nor can the Red Wings comment about the future of Yzerman while he's under contract with another team.

Think about this way, Yzerman stepped down to return to home with his family in Detroit, but he still wants to be involved in hockey. If he wanted to return home with his family with no hockey, he would've retired.

Secondly, his contract is up at the end of the season and he didn't speculate about his future after that.

Ken Holland has a two-year extension, which means that next summer, he'll have one year left on his deal when Yzerman's deal expires.

My thought is that he joins the Red Wings in an advisory role or takes over as GM and Ken Holland steps aside in an advisory role next summer and it shows he wants to stay in hockey and close to his family. It's too logical of a fit.

This working out nicely. A smooth transition and team should be on upswing.

Amen, would love Steve as coach.

Don't get your hopes up. I believe Holland is still under contract for 2 more years.