Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Bucket List

Default Bucket List

Back in 1959 [[I think it was our 1st Anniversary), my wife idly asked me "What do you want to see in the years ahead?" Well, a profound question. Back then, the phrase "Bucket List" was still in the future. Anyway, I bypassed all family thoughts [[shame on me), and I vividly remember three responses:

1. I'd love to see the year 2000.

2. I'd love to see the Tigers win a World Series.

3. I'd give anything to see a man walk on the moon.

Well, foo, I've seen all three, obviously. Have the following afterthoughts on the above three.

1. Yeah, I made it, and I'm still going strong at 82. I love the advancement in auto design; I'm baffled a bit at the advancement in electronics; and I'm saddened at the way our great nation has become so terribly divided.

2. Well, they made it twice, and I absolutely bubbled over in 1968 and 1984. But, gosh, it's been a long, dry spell, and this year's team absolutely sucks. I hope Illitch Jr. sells it to someone who cares.

3. Apollo 11 took care of that. Interesting to note that there's not much interest in such exploration any more. But whenever the flick "Apollo 13" comes on, count on me to be watching.

True story. How about you; both past and future?

Past

When I was 17 I said,I will never quit smoking dope,get married or join the military,a year later I did all three things,so my bucket was a bit rusty.

Future,I want to take the boat up the Mississippi starting in New Orleans and going all the way up and through the Great Lakes.

I figure the rest is going to happen with or without me so I am just along for the ride lol