Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Industrial Bank, promotional steel and brass book. 1923 patent for book.

This was given to me by an elderly woman back in the spring of 1993-94. It contained gold coins she had saved from the 1933 recall of gold. She said, "I wasn't turning over any of my gold in case of another crash". From what I recall, she worked at the bank in the early 1930's but definitely had an account there after it opened. Banks would give these to new depositors. E-bay has several of these listed, but I have never seen one from Detroit.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice find. You don't see printing quality like that very often anymore.

You don't hear the term "passbook savings account" much nowadays either.

Very cool. I love the design of the covers. Industrial National Bank's former building was turned into senior apartments in '81. Its currently under renovation along with the Stevens Building across Grand River. They recently renamed Industrial's building the Louis Kamper Building, for the popular local architect.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/re...ons/536149002/