Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default What's Up With DetroitYES! ?

The site is up then down like a boxer. Threads move from forum to forum, then back again. Postings disappear then reappear then disappear again. Is it server issues, malware, spyware, the Russians trying to redirect everyone to MoscowYES! ?

We were having some instability issues with our web server that caused a bit of data loss and some downtime. We are back up on a new machine and should be solid for the foreseeable future.

I thank everyone for their patience while we resolved this!

You just don’t realize how wonderful a “service” is until you lose it. It’s great to see it’s back. Thank you DetroitYES!
    Last edited by coracle; September-07-18 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etbusch View Post
    We were having some instability issues with our web server that caused a bit of data loss and some downtime. We are back up on a new machine and should be solid for the foreseeable future.

I thank everyone for their patience while we resolved this!
    THANK YOU for all your hard work. DetroitYes is something that I really enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    the Russians trying to redirect everyone to MoscowYES! ?
    Basil Exposition: A lot's happened since you've been frozen. The Cold War's over!
    Austin Powers: All right! Finally those capitalist pigs will pay for their crimes, eh? Eh comrades? Eh?
    Basil Exposition: Austin... we won.
    Austin Powers: Oh, smashing, groovy, yay capitalism!

Update

Migration of DetroitYES to a new server was completed overnight.

We had hoped to limp along until the new server was fully provisioned to avoid data loss, but the old dame gave up the ghost and RackAid, our server management company [great service BTW], had to rush ahead with the transition.

Consequently there may be some missing posts.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Update

Migration of DetroitYES to a new server was completed overnight.

We had hoped to limp along until the new server was fully provisioned to avoid data loss, but the old dame gave up the ghost and RackAid, our server management company [great service BTW], had to rush ahead with the transition.

Consequently there may be some missing posts.
    Thank you Comrade Boris! [[jk)

I see a lot of my prior posts from yesterday, are gone.

Is Lowell still involved in this new DYes?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The site is up then down like a boxer. Threads move from forum to forum, then back again. Postings disappear then reappear then disappear again. Is it server issues, malware, spyware, the Russians trying to redirect everyone to MoscowYES! ?
    Though, the few threads that least need to be here, conveniently and stubbornly survived.

I'm still here, still involved, every day.

We used leased servers managed by a third party management company. Servers live and die like everything. When that happens we have to restart from the last every-12-hour back up. Anything between that and the crash time is lost, like this week's "10 Things to do in the D the Weekend" which I had to repost.

Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I'm still here, still involved, every day.

We used leased servers managed by a third party management company. Servers live and die like everything. [...] Life goes on.
    Thank you, Lowell, for your unflagging work in support of DY, and for the wonderful information resource you provide!!

I want my money back.