Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Dodging the Dodges 90+MPA. Crashing and leaving dying rider behind?!

Police search for 3 people who fled scene following crash on I-94 that killed their companion

https://www.wxyz.com/news/police-sea...heir-companion

What's up with these Dodges drag racing on the city freeways?I Increasingly so, especially at night. I've clocked a few doing 95+mph passing cigarette paper close. I only recognized the blur warp speeding by the characteristic wide red Dodge rear light configuration.

These recent speed-wreckers took things to the next level, running off after companion was thrown from vehicle. Classy!

Attachment 36478
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-05-18 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Police search for 3 people who fled scene following crash on I-94 that killed their companion

What's up with these Dodges drag racing on the city freeways?I Increasingly so, especially at night. I've clocked a few doing 95+mph passing cigarette paper close. I only recognized the blur warp speeding by the characteristic wide red Dodge rear light configuration.

These recent speed-wreckers took things to the next level, running off after companion was thrown from vehicle. Classy!

Attachment 36478

The story is disturbing on so many levels. I don't want to end up incapacitated because of someone's stupid high-speed dodge-em car game on the freeway, seeing how close you can come to other vehicles. The people in the SUV were lucky they were able to escape in time. The article says the Charger wasn't stolen, that means it's registered to someone. Why is it taking the DPD so long to find thses guys?

Attachment 36478
    I've never seen more burned rubber tire marks on Detroit streets than I've seen this year. Circular patterns as well as straight away and everything in between [[including across the double yellows). Major roadways like McNichols, Conant, etc.

I've also never seen more racing [[freeways AND secondary roads) accidents, incredibly high speeding, wrecked street signs/crash barriers, red-light running, passing in the parking lane, people walking in the street [[including a guy in a wheelchair in the median lane on 8 Mile a few weeks ago!), and hit and runs. Unfortunately, all of it makes [[a lot of, but not all) the case for the high insurance rates in the city and truly makes me wonder whether the critics are delusional, lying, or both.

This thread is changing lanes more often then the Dodge Chargers do.

^^^ Yes! Hah! Before yesterday outage, someone posted a grand post on how the sentiment of 'nothing has changed [[it has)' regarding the whole increasing high-speed mania. I thought about that post.

Attended a family reunion and several remarked on how many speed demons where zooming up and down our freeways, compared to visiting/ living here on a few years back!

^^^ Yes! Hah! Before yesterday outage, someone posted a grand post on how the sentiment of 'nothing has changed [[it has)' regarding the whole increasing high-speed mania. I thought about that post.

Attended a family reunion and several remarked on how many speed demons where zooming up and down our freeways, compared to visiting/ living here on a few years back!
    Can we call it "The Great DY Outage of 2018"?

Okay,I will refrase it? Although street racing and people driving fast with no regard to others safety is new to Detroit it is and has been a common problem in the rest of the country for a long time.

Maybe not with the chargers but here it is little cars with farting sounding mufflers,102 in a 35 residential killing people is a weekly occurrence, the public is outraged and demanded LEO action,when they responded they were attacked because it was concidered profiling.

It is like living in the movie Fast and Furious,you have to watch out for them and be defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Okay,I will refrase it? Although street racing and people driving fast with no regard to others safety is new to Detroit it is and has been a common problem in the rest of the country for a long time.

Nothing new about it at all. I remember huge street races on the west side on Outer Dr. in the early 80's.
    50 or more cars lined up waiting to have at it.
    Not a cop in sight.

Nothing new, true. But increasing. And at least with the 'designated' street drag the risk of death is less or confined to the racers.

Folks on the Lodge north hitting 95+MPH towards the left east Davison curve exit from the far right?

Umm, could be a bad day if your caught in that 'race'.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-07-18 at 11:35 AM.

I think that's the move; each person to their OWN interest. As there's going to little agreement on the severity or even if it's problem necessarily.

I tend to drive looking very far ahead for the crazies down the road -- checking out the rear is advisable too!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It is like living in the movie Fast and Furious, you have to watch out for them and be defensive.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-07-18 at 12:46 PM.

Outside of the crazies I think the manufacturers have made even easier for drivers to be distracted by placing a computer screen in the middle of the dash.

I get really paranoid riding as a passenger anymore,people driving with a cell phone in one hand,playing with the dash screen and then they get mad at you when you tell them.. hey,the light has been green for at least 60 seconds you can go.

You want I should come back from retirement???

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    You want I should come back from retirement???

PLEASE! [[there's a sawbuck in it for you)

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    PLEASE! [[there's a sawbuck in it for you)
    Oh, LOL! That photo was about 1960 [[1959 Ford in the background), but 58 years from then, I find myself still in pretty darn good shape. Watch "Jeopardy!" every week night and can still hold my own against those young'uns. Spent 29 years with the DPD and treasure the memory of every day [[well, maybe you could stick 23 July 1967 up a cow's ass somewhere.......). But Detroit will be warm in my heart to my last day, as will my adopted home in Nevada. Best of both worlds.

^ The gold car is a 1965 Chev bel air,your still a spring chicken

I saw this today and it made me think of this thread:

Hot Rods Causing Havoc on City Streets:
    https://youtu.be/BUDmodXig20

^^^ Just lovely. Burning rubber deluxe. Especially grand idea when your tires are all ready bald as I've see her in the D.

I traded dealing with racers in Detroit with getting awakened at 3 am by the idiots on crotch rockets zipping down the Florida Turnpike.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    I traded dealing with racers in Detroit with getting awakened at 3 am by the idiots on crotch rockets zipping down the Florida Turnpike.

Those rice burners are faster than you think, because they're @ Lafayette & 75 by 4 a.m.

Great picture Ray1936!

Does my twenty year old Toy Avalon count for speed? Doubtful----

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Those rice burners are faster than you think, because they're @ Lafayette & 75 by 4 a.m.

True, but it's contents is much nicer.

Drop it to the ground,put a farting muffler on it with a massive spoiler on the trunk lid with a NOS sticker in the window and nobody would proably ever challenge you.

^^^ NOS! Hah!! Well it's beats a car note!! And I have a great engine and tranny and small block V6 for the few times I do need the edge in power.

^ you could burn circles around my truck,with 70 hp and a top speed of 45.

We used to street race back in the early 70s,there was a lot of 60s hi-po cars around for cheap,but it was at night no traffic,people used to call the police and they would be waiting in the driveway when you got home,they would take your keys and bring them back a few weeks later,depending on how mad they were.Which was pretty cool.

But it was no fun to be racing in congestion,kinda pointless and dangerous,at a young age we even understood that part.

I really meant to write NOX sticker or nitrous oxide verses NOS New old stock,I have been ordering a lot of that stuff out of Michigan lately.
    Last edited by Richard; September-13-18 at 09:21 PM.