Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

One hell of a guy. You done good John, Rest In Peace ✌.

Just remember, he sicced Palin on the world.

That was good in two ways:
    Great for comedy
    John lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

I remember him as a “frequent aisle crosser” that gave the world Obama. [[Palin was one of his numerous not so good choices).
    Last edited by coracle; August-26-18 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    That was good in two ways:
    Great for comedy
    John lost
    Shocking but I agree with you.

Lots of ifs and hindsite.

If he had not been hot dogging and stayed in formation,would he had been shot down.

If he was not the son of the admiral that was running the theater and offered a release after a year,and choose to stay another 4,could he had done more to help the cause given his connections,while not in captivity.

Hundreds were still in captivity after the close,but they left them there.

The current president made a statement about how hero’s do not get captured,he was correct,thousands of unsung hero’s did not get recognized because they did not get captured and were not the admirals son.

If they did,few knew or cared.

He was in charge of the senate military committee while millions of those who served thier country suffered under the VA while nothing was done.

Outside of all of that,may he Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by Richard; August-26-18 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Shocking but I agree with you.

Lots of ifs and hindsite.

If he had not been hot dogging and stayed in formation,would he had been shot down.

If he was not the son of the admiral that was running the theater and offered a release after a year,and choose to stay another 4,could he had done more to help the cause given his connections,while not in captivity.

Hundreds were still in captivity after the close,but they left them there.

The current president made a statement about how hero’s do not get captured,he was correct,thousands of unsung hero’s did not get recognized because they did not get captured and were not the admirals son.

If they did,few knew or cared.

He was in charge of the senate military committee while millions of those who served thier country suffered under the VA while nothing was done.

Outside of all of that,may he Rest In Peace.

Well obviously, Chump is bound to be a heroic figure in the long term. He doesn't have to worry about a military record, all he has to deal with is his braggart self. Hard to beat a twitter feed that is all about "me against the press and the other worthless folk who oppose poor little old me." Homeric.

Ince-o-dentally, From the start of his Presidency, he has treated people who disagreed with him with similar epithets to the one Hillary got pilloried for using once; deplorable.
    Last edited by canuck; August-26-18 at 08:46 PM.

It’s inappropriate that you trivialize the passing of our American icon by omission canuck; to spew your “standard” infantile drivel, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    It’s inappropriate that you trivialize the passing of our American icon by omission canuck; to spew your “standard” infantile drivel, eh!

That's not a very nice thing to say. I've never been so insulted in all my life.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Well obviously, Chump is bound to be a heroic figure in the long term. He doesn't have to worry about a military record, all he has to deal with is his braggart self. Hard to beat a twitter feed that is all about "me against the press and the other worthless folk who oppose poor little old me." Homeric.

Ince-o-dentally, From the start of his Presidency, he has treated people who disagreed with him with similar epithets to the one Hillary got pilloried for using once; deplorable.

@ least Trump will be remembered, which is more then can be said for true-d'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post

Chump vs Chew-dough. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Oh, he'll be remembered alright. Historians will be writing about Trump and his fervent Cult for the next 100 years.

I was amazed at the MSM promotion of Huckabee in the 2008 Republican primary. The alternative press had noticed all sorts of glitches in the Huckabee story but the MSM would not report them and gave Huckabee fantastic coverage. Meanwhile, McCain was wandering around Iowa with his campaign in tatters. Maybe 30 elderly people would show up in a cafe when his bus came to town. Then, for reasons I never understood, the MSM did a 180 on Huckabee, dumped all the information it had been withholding about Huckabee and simultaneously pronounced McCain to be the "comeback kid". The big money started going to McCain. My candidate, Ron Paul, was hardly acknowledged and lied about by the MSM. Neither was Kucinich on the Democratic side. I wondered if our presidential candidates were pre-selected so the 1% or corporatists, whatever you want to call them, would win either way at least until Trump broke through.

McCain was the most hawkish person in Congress. There didn't seem to be a war he didn't favor. His votes in congress have cost American and foreign lives and emptied our treasury. Thinking himself funny, he sang "bomb. bomb Iran" to the tune of Barbara Ann.

I went to a McCain rally in 2008. It was a bizarre affair sort of like a mini-Munich rally with patriotic films of military parades and flags to warm the crowd up. I snuck in a Ron Paul sign safety pinned under my winter jacket which I held up in the fourth row every time McCain said the magic word: "Iraq". I do not show up in this video, but McCain looked at me and courteously responded to me at 4:15. The Chairman of the County Republican Party wearing an American flag tie was glaring. Outside, young Ron Paul and old time depression era Democrats [[Kucinich supporters?) protested McCain and all his wars together. The older guy at 8:40 is a Democrat.
    Last edited by oladub; August-27-18 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    My candidate, Ron Paul, was hardly acknowledged

Ron begat Rand for which I can neither forgive or forget.

Ron begat Rand for which I can neither forgive or forget.
    Both are M.D.'s. Rand is also anti war, anti police state, and a supporter of the Constitution. He is better than Trump on those issues. As such, most Democrats and half of Republicans abhor him. Some times, he holds up or blocks Trump. In the last two years, Rand has been physically attacked twice by rabid Democrats. His neighbor only received six months for breaking Rand's ribs; a slap on the wrist and invitation for anyone wanting to do the same to attack other legislators. His major political problem, besides not being Deep State friendly, is that Rand completely lacks teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Oh, he'll be remembered alright. Historians will be writing about Trump and his fervent Cult for the next 100 years.
    There’ll be a new Course named in his honor, “HOW TO SUCCEED IN A DEMOCRAT SHITHOLE 101”

Richard makes me yearn for Karl. Very distressed at what we have lost in Michigan in terms of Democratic values.......

The asshole is butt hurt because McCain never bowed down to him. He sits in the oval office and when questioned if he has anything to say about McCain, he, in typical DT fashion, sits with his arms crossed, pouting and mouthing "thank you". The petulant child, will never receive the accolades that McCain is receiving...just a mad widdle baby man.

https://images.google.com/imgres?

https://twitter.com/markknoller/stat...43201/photo/1?
    Last edited by Maof; August-27-18 at 07:17 PM.

My guess is 324,000,000 other Americans will never see the accolades either and 99.9 that have in the past nobody remembers 3 monthes down the road.

Included in that is the millions that could care less about veterans in the first place unless it can be used as a cause.

1st world problems creates lots of mad widdle babies.
    Last edited by Richard; August-27-18 at 07:31 PM.

Your’s is the 18th Post Maof, and I don’t think there’s an accolade yet! Including your own Post. Just maybe you got it wrong!
    Last edited by coracle; August-27-18 at 07:52 PM.

I'm not the President now am I. If he had any intelligence and morals, he would have looked past their disagreements and acknowledged him and his family properly. But you two will consistently come up with some lame excuses as to why he didn't. Have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Included in that is the millions that could care less about veterans in the first place unless it can be used as a cause.
    Just like Donald

Not taking sides but did not McCain say he did not want Trump at his funeral? Still Trump should ditch 'titt for tat'. Doubtful that he will.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Just like Donald
    The act of getting captured does not automatically make one a hero just because he was connected,the hero’s are the ones that come back in a body bag,because they gave the ultimate sacrifice.

You may not be a fan of your loving current president, but he has the support of the military and the ones that were there and understand.

Just because one does not understand,it does not make them right and everybody else wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Not taking sides but did not McCain say he did not want Trump at his funeral? Still Trump should ditch 'titt for tat'. Doubtful that he will.
    With him saying that it would have made his views and farewell speech contradicting,anybody can say somebody said something when they are no longer here to verify.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast