Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Poseur Thanedar claims he won Detroit. True?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...on/1085389002/

What elective office, you ask? It could be federal, it could be local, and some people have even suggested running for mayor of Detroit, Thanedar said.
    “I campaigned a lot in Detroit and I won the city of Detroit,” he said. “I’m very thankful and proud and appreciate that our work in the city paid off. It shows me as their candidate.”

According to the DetNews on Aug 9, yes, he did
    Thanedar narrowly won Detroit and captured 199,344 votes overall, but he finished third out of three candidates in the statewide primary. While it’s not yet known if his campaign spent the full $10.6 million he poured into the race, doing so would have cost him about $53 per vote.
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ign/945432002/

All that fraud managed to accomplish was the splitting of votes amongst progressives to keep El-Sayed from winning.

His "keep Trump's racism out of Michigan" ads saturating Detroit TV apparently had a pretty big effect for him in African-American precincts. While I agree that he split out El-Sayed's potential vote, it really still wouldn't have been enough to defeat Whitmer.

I do wish more candidates would have been as explicit about directly addressing the growing racism of the Trump-era GOP [[extremely obvious, of course, in this state, whose GOP government decided that African-American citizens should have their democratic rights severely limited by state edict, and that potentially poisoning thousands of black people was no big deal as long as it saved everyone else some money). But I think Whitmer, at least, was afraid of offending the suburbanites and those few hicks who would vote for her, and El-Sayed probably saw his very existence as a major candidate as an obvious and open rebuke to GOP white nationalist racism.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    it really still wouldn't have been enough to defeat Whitmer.
    I agree, it wouldn't have mattered. I really liked El-Sayed and was disappointed he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    All that fraud managed to accomplish was the splitting of votes amongst progressives to keep El-Sayed from winning.
    El-Sayed 342,179
    +
    Thanedar 209,645
    = 542,824

Wittmer. 588,436

so, even combining El-Sayed and Thanedar votes you fall short by well over 40k votes.

A margin of 40k is still a beating, not quite the curb stomping that was administered, but a massive rejection of the candidates and their messages.

Saw on the news he might have his eyes set, on running against Duggan when the next mayoral election is held. His theory being, he did so well with the Detroit voters.

Face it folks. The color of race will play a role in a political race, before any principles being taken. I like Shri's ideals for a better State of Michigan, but Shri did not take his principles further to Metro-Detroit areas. Most people just see him as just some East-Indian guy wanted to make a big. But it's just isn't enough folks in his community that will vote for Shri. If he wants to run for governor or any political office, start small and get the attention of all diversity of people in order to increase his reputation and have the audacity like Barack Obama to make to to the top of the race.

To Shri, I still support him to for any political office. For he can break the color barrier just as the same as black people.