Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 11yr Old Hacked Election Results In Under 10 Minutes

Jimmy Dore show. Report on hackers at Defcon using replica election sites and voting machines and finding vulnerabilities.

https://youtu.be/MYzu4PUi3AI

[[edited for more description)
    Last edited by Pam; August-18-18 at 07:35 PM.

And?

Got something in print? Something other than a Belize domain?

Something that ... you know, means something?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    And?

Like what? A video of an 11 year old Russian girl hacking into the DNC server? A think it's a point well taken and definitely news worthy, but like all "reporting" these days, Jimmy Dore gets too emotional and carried away with the story. If I want acting, I'll go see a play. It would have been nice to let a SOS representative show one of their voting machines, and what further precautions they take to prevent hacking. He's just trying to incite the audience.

And?

Belize? It's You Tube. He's reading from reports from various sources- PBS, Huff Post etc.

11 year olds were hacking the department of defense back in the day,when this was brought up during the elections,it was decided that the voting machines were not connected to the internet and you would have to physicaly hack each individual machine which considering thousands of machines it would be really hard to do enough in order to effect an outcome.

So they more strictly monitored the excess of the machines in storage and in transit.

It was easier to just say the Russians colluded,you did not need any proof just the media to pump up the masses.
    Last edited by Richard; August-18-18 at 09:14 AM.

Solution: paper ballots. Russians and 11 year old children can't hack paper ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Belize? It's You Tube. He's reading from reports from various sources- PBS, Huff Post etc.
    I think Meddle was referring to the TLD part of your hyperlink. BTW, ".be" is the TLD for Belgium, not Belize. ".bz" is the TLD for Belize.

Here's a related article: Difference Between Youtube.com and Youtu.be.

Right or wrong, Meddle has a history of being hypervigilant about such things. I see no reason for concern.

^ almost as bad as the spell check police,Hugh

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I think Meddle was referring to the TLD part of your hyperlink. BTW, ".be" is the TLD for Belgium, not Belize. ".bz" is the TLD for Belize.

Here's a related article: Difference Between Youtube.com and Youtu.be.

Right or wrong, Meddle has a history of being hypervigilant about such things. I see no reason for concern.
    It's the second time lately I've been accused by someone here of posting something they thought was spam. I've been here for years and I've never done that.

It's the second time lately I've been accused by someone here of posting something they thought was spam. I've been here for years and I've never done that.

Then post more than one line of text and a 'short link'. Post REAL information, including a short snippet of newsworthy text from the article or source [[within Fair Use limits) and a legitimate URL.

Then post more than one line of text and a 'short link'. Post REAL information, including a short snippet of newsworthy text from the article or source [[within Fair Use limits) and a legitimate URL.
    That link was copied straight from You Tube. I don't know what you would consider more "legitimate".

I think that unless it has sex or violence involved,it is tough to get most to watch a 26 min video in order to find out what somebody is talking about and it seems like there are a lot posting from work,so their time frame outside of a quick read is limited and video is probably blocked from most work places.

I do not think he was meaning disrespect towards you personally,some have a way of explaining things with fewer words then others,unlike myself.

Haveing wrote that, it seems as most do not even read links provided and just add stuff or attack the link instead of discussing the content,so no matter what you do somebody is going to cry about it anyways.

and you really have to consider the source of the other one that called your link spammy and take that with the most microscopic grain of salt and not worry about it.
    Last edited by Richard; August-18-18 at 03:09 PM.

That link was copied straight from You Tube. I don't know what you would consider more "legitimate".

The SOURCE. YT is a regurgitator. ABC News is a source. People sometimes re-post information from ABC on other sites like YT or this one.

Haha ABC is a source?

Even within ABC there are opinions,which is kinda no different then Dore and others,I think that is the downside when opinions are presented as facts but considered reliable because they are attached to a brand.
    Last edited by Richard; August-18-18 at 03:17 PM.

The SOURCE. YT is a regurgitator. ABC News is a source. People sometimes re-post information from ABC on other sites like YT or this one.
    My whole point in posting is to post stories or commentary that people might not have heard yet. So no, I won't be using ABC as a source. Feel free to ignore my posts since they will never meet your approval.

My whole point in posting is to post stories or commentary that people might not have heard yet. So no, I won't be using ABC as a source. Feel free to ignore my posts since they will never meet your approval.

Pam, Whether I agree with the content or not, I for one find your alternative News posts interesting. I haven't encountered any "spam". Correcting a few settings on ones device should eliminate problems. Like any other social activity, use protection and you won't have unwanted problems. You keep posting girl!

Pam, Whether I agree with the content or not, I for one find your alternative News posts interesting. I haven't encountered any "spam". Correcting a few settings on ones device should eliminate problems. Like any other social activity, use protection and you won't have unwanted problems. You keep posting girl!

This is the closest adherence to the Fox News "No spin zone" I've seen.

Thank you, we are all better !!!

Long live the Fake news 200+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post

This is the closest adherence to the Fox News "No spin zone" I've seen.

Thank you, we are all better !!!

Long live the Fake news 200+ years.

Not quite able to decipher what you're trying to say here because of the incoherency, but rather surprised you're able to see anything with your head being stuck up so far. Then, of course, there's the addition of "we" as if there was a vote, and this is coming from the officially elected spokesperson.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-19-18 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Thanks for your support. Just for you, here's a story that ties into the topic. Report on possible election rigging in Kansas from the Young Turks Channel.

https://youtu.be/fktpBFIzd7w

So, you're into stuff made up by nobodies and posted on a site catering to amateurs and passing that off to us as 'truth'?

Perhaps you thought WKRP and Lou Grant were news sources too?

So, you're into stuff made up by nobodies and posted on a site catering to amateurs and passing that off to us as 'truth'?

Either Jimmy Dore was correct about an 11 year old girl hacking into a replicated Florida voting website in 10 minutes or he wasn't. Either way, paper ballots would solve vote hacking better than censorship. Do you have any articles from your personally approved websites indicating that any of Jimmy Dore's remarks were incorrect?

Fer real? You think the video was staged, and the links and quotes he posted were made up? Do a simple fact check. Just go to the sources he quotes in the video and see if any of those people actually said any of that. Who knows, you may be right.

Jimmy who?

The Din-o-Mite guy?

And remember, the mishandling of paper ballots [[hanging chads anybody?) and the labor intensive process of counting them is how we got to computerized ballots ... you know, to make things more accurate, simpler and less costly. There can be no confusion when a computer gets involved, can there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast