Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Pennsylvania Priest Abuse

I won't copy and paste any article because it is so disturbing on all levels. Youngest victim was 18 months old! The fact that the victim's reported the abuse for years and were disregarded, is unfathomable. It is being said the statute of limitations may be overturned in this case because of the level and amount of abuse that went on.

I grew up catholic and went to church all my life up until about 15 years ago when our parish priest was accused and let go [[retired) after approaching and trying to seduce the head of the catechism program [[a male I might add). Spending lavishly on redecorating the rectory with high end everything. I ended up going only on holidays but I'm done. Enough with looking the other way and moving these pigs from parish to parish.
    Last edited by Maof; August-16-18 at 05:45 AM.

It's the magnitude that staggers me. Over 300 priests over 1000 known victims.

Imagine the public outrage if some satanic child predatory cult of that size had been uncovered. Doors would be kicked down with perps being frog-marched all over the news.

It's so chilling.

From the Grand Jury report:

"While each church district had its idiosyncrasies, the pattern was pretty much the same.

"The main thing was not to help children, but to avoid “scandal.” That is not our word, but theirs; it appears over and over again in the documents we recovered.

"Abuse complaints were kept locked up in a “secret archive.” That is not our word, but theirs; the church’s Code of Canon Law specifically requires the diocese to maintain such an archive.

"Only the bishop can have the key."

^^All those should be ordered turned in.

One cannot but wonder what has happened in the other 49 States.

This has been happening in the Catholic Church for at least decades and yet the “church” still exists and it’s adherents are still supporting it and are complicit with it’s actions.

Why do we still have a Pope?

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post

I grew catholic and went to church all my life up until about 15 years ago when our parish priest was accused and let go [[retired) after approaching and trying to seduce the head of the catechism program [[a male I might add). Spending lavishly on redecorating the rectory with high end everything. I ended up going only on holidays but I'm done. Enough with looking the other way and moving these pigs from parish to parish.
    I, too, grew up Catholic[[11 yrs of Catholic school) and can no longer associate my self with the church because of these disgusting swine. The church cares nothing for these people who are deeply damaged by what was done to them AND the fact that their own families a)didn't believe them or B) did nothing because, well, it was THE CHURCH!!. Not to mention those that committed suicide because of the abuse and were then condemn to hell because they killed themselves over what the church did to them. I'm sickened by it all but the thing that really disgusts me are those that still go to church and give the excuse of "Well, you can't condemn the whole church because of a few bad apples". Yeah, bad apples that the Church is protecting. My own sister was propositioned by one of our parish priests when she was 15 or 16; he was a family friend who my parents trusted us to be around because he was a priest. He later left the priesthood and married and divorced and married again and has since died, but sis still remembers. I'm willing to bet that this hits very close to home for many Catholics but they don't know or don't believe. I'm so done with it; they only care about abortion, not living children who were abused by their own people. Fuck them all

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

Imagine the public outrage if some satanic child predatory cult of that size had been uncovered.
    It has. Don't the Priests wear black and the Cardinals wear red?

I'm Catholic but refuse to give a penny and will not attend regular mass [[I show up on Easter/Christmas just so elderly members of my family aren't upset).

If you give any money to the Church, or attend mass, you're enabling child rape. Until the Church comes clean, and half these bishops are put in prison for their vile coverups and criminal conspiracy, I will, in no way, legitimize this sick organization that needs to be burned to the ground and reborn.