Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Data compilation

Lexisnexis is a data compilation company that collects in depth data on everybody,you can order your file and the adverage persons file is 300 to 500 pages long.

The information is then sold.

Everything you buy on a credit card,order online,post on Facebook,order on a smart TV is analyzed and used to determine your insurance rates,health and automotive,mortgage etc.

For instance women buying plus size clothing are classified as depression prone and charged a higher rate.

Ordering a pizza or renting a movie on a smart tv is used to determine your healthy eating habits and level of potential violence if you like action movies.

Post a political opinion on social media and you are put into a category according to your political leanings that effect your rates.

Everything that you do and buy in life,past and present is added to the file.

Imagine if we lived under a dictatorship,that information would be used to determine your freedom,post one political opposition on social media and you would be jailed.

It is a compilation of public access records and personal information sold by the states and companies that you give the information to,mostly when we sign user agreements online without actually reading them and opting out on.

But most give you no choice sign or not use the product or service.

^^^ Ain't that otherwise known as google.com?

Google does not give you excess to ones private financial information,banking,credit card statements etc.

Or tell me what you watched on TV last night.

^^^ *Sarcasm*... they give up enough info, and trail of use.

George Orwell's "1984" is a lot closer than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    George Orwell's "1984" is a lot closer than you think.

It's 2018...

^^^^ So we really know the time is at hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^^ So we really know the time is at hand!

It moved in, has been here for a while, and is now taking over the neighborhood. If you buy toilet paper on your debit card, they know how often you go. Here's an article I read through this morning about China. Smile!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/b...echnology.html

Someone on my Facebook page posted a Move On video of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the architect's daughter who spent her crib years in the Bronx, going on about how we have to get big money out of politics. I looked up Move On in Wikipedia. Ironically, Wikipedia reported that Move On had received $2.46M from George Soros. Data is used for, among other things, stifling dissenting voices; at least voices that diverge from the elite and their talking heads.

Two more casualties of the Twitter purge of antiwar voices:
    [[include)
    the editorial director of Antiwar.com, and the director of the Ron Paul Institute.

This new corporatist censorship conducted by corporate algorithms applied to data is just in time for the mid-term elections. It sounds like something Putin's oligarchs dreamed up. The resistance is smelling more and more like many other autocracies. This might not be good for Bernie either. https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/31/d...y-plans-leaked
    Last edited by oladub; August-08-18 at 09:40 AM.

Though an interesting read, I don't know why this surprises anybody. Think about it, I dial oladub, and where ever he is, anywhere on the planet, I connect to his phone within seconds. They can pinpoint the location of cell phones, planes, trains, and automobiles, why not use this information to track people's movements? If Honky Tonk is found sending e-mails from an Asian massage parlor, next time he logs into DetroitYES!, ads appear to meet Asian women. It's all about money. High-tech Burma Shave signs along the roadside.

Honky Tonk, It isn't a surprise but there is a 1984 quality to this insidious and pervasive erosion of personal privacy. Google's history of our personal movements is another brick in the wall. I read an unrelated article concerning market research that linked purchases with socioeconomic, political and racial identification. For instance, purchasers of French's mustard and Vlasic pickles are disproportionately white. Put all this together and we are in the world of being denied jobs, school admittance, rental refusal and other discrimination based on inputs. Then, people adjust their behavior to have more favorable outcomes which brings us bace to 1984. Put together, all of this can contribute to behavior modification.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Honky Tonk, It isn't a surprise but there is a 1984 quality to this insidious and pervasive erosion of personal privacy. Google's history of our personal movements is another brick in the wall. I read an unrelated article concerning market research that linked purchases with socioeconomic, political and racial identification. For instance, purchasers of French's mustard and Vlasic pickles are disproportionately white. Put all this together and we are in the world of being denied jobs, school admittance, rental refusal and other discrimination based on inputs. Then, people adjust their behavior to have more favorable outcomes which brings us bace to 1984. Put together, all of this can contribute to behavior modification.

White people LOVE Vlasic pickles with French's mustard on 'em! If Shri posted a Fakebook photo eating a Vlassic pickle with French's mustard, he'd be governor today. I totally agree with you on this one. I just had this very conversation with a friend. Don't forget to add "Smart" TVs and "Camera On So Your Other Apps Can Use It" on your cell phone. I also don't believe Apple secures their phones to the extent they do to "protect your privacy". I believe they do it so no one can find out what they're up to.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-13-18 at 12:43 PM.

There is probably a way to turn off GPS on Smart phones, but then people wouldn't know how to get to the store to buy their pickles and mustard, so there you go. If you can't live without the phone, get used to the phone ratting you out. Or only use it on Wifi where available; then they will know where you HAVE been not where you are now.

I wonder if anyone deliberately sends Big Brother counterfeit information just to confuse the system. Imagine some Edward Snowden-type technician monitoring the situation for anomalies saying "Hey look at this guy! He's on the moon!"