Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Beaumont Hospital - FINED $$$$ Millions $$$$

Beaumont Health has agreed to pay $84.5 million fine
    to U.S. Department of Justice, state of Michigan and
    four whistleblowers for violating federal laws

Trust your hospital, your doctor, your insurance ...........really , you trust them ??

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Beaumont Health has agreed to pay $84.5 million fine
    to U.S. Department of Justice, state of Michigan and
    four whistleblowers for violating federal laws

Trust your hospital, your doctor, your insurance ...........really , you trust them ??
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ims/894075002/

Didn't trust me - that almighty link made it better --- okay
    Actually I read it on Crains, does it make a difference.............

Who trusts Schuete to do the right thing
    when BCBS gives his campaign $40, 000 ????
    Last edited by O3H; August-03-18 at 07:34 AM.

HEY EVERYBODY! A METEOR IS GOING TO HIT DETROIT TODAY!!!!

Do you believe me? No. But if I post a link to the event, you might think I was onto something. I don't see the coorolation between what Beaumont did and BCBS's campaign contribution, other than both parties are in the medical field. P/S, I don't like Bill Schuete, [[that would've been your next attack) and no, I don't trust the medical business, from my own personal experience.

Health Care is going to bankrupt this country eventually....

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You mean it hasn't already?

Or, they're going to put themselves out of business. They're following the 60s - 70s auto industry mentality. More and more I keep reading about people flying into other countries, having a proceedure done, and flying back, cheaper and for less deductable than what it would have cost them to have the same procedure done here.

It's a shame that they cannot go down the slippery slope of piercing the corporate veil and back charge the individuals that profited from this directly.

Between that fraud and the ambulance chaser fraud there is probably enough funds in there to have at least the basic healthcare.

My favorite is when they complain about indegint care but yet recieve millions from the Feds to pay for it.

Getting to recognize O3H threads by thread title, & I'm not even on here much anymore.

Nice to know Mike recognizes Truth , Facts and Integrity.
    I usually attempt to post something of substance .
    Did you start new thread Mike, I'll have to check.........

I'd like to see more hospitals and doctors fined for fraud or imprisoned. Fines would need to come from their personal assets, not from patient billing. Take their mansions and Porches and yachts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I'd like to see more hospitals and doctors fined for fraud or imprisoned. Fines would need to come from their personal assets, not from patient billing. Take their mansions and Porches and yachts.
    If you take their mansions, they probably won't need their Porches.

Around here, the Porches are detachable. You can take the house and the Porsche and leave the Porch.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    You mean it hasn't already?
    It's not quite there yet, but getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Or, they're going to put themselves out of business. They're following the 60s - 70s auto industry mentality. More and more I keep reading about people flying into other countries, having a proceedure done, and flying back, cheaper and for less deductable than what it would have cost them to have the same procedure done here.
    That's peaches and cream for those that can afford it. The majority can't, what about them? This sh_t can be fixed here, if they actually wanted to.

Hospitals[[plural) are posting $5 and $6 BILLION in revenue for 1 year.
    -- that's absolute insanity for just us -- Michigan.
    Last edited by O3H; August-04-18 at 04:21 PM.

Recently I lost my Medicaid over a COLA increase for Medicare. A bloodtest to adjust my $2 generic medication cost $1600, my cost $475 on SS.

And they call this the BEST healthcare in the world.

That's peaches and cream for those that can afford it. The majority can't, what about them? This sh_t can be fixed here, if they actually wanted to.

I'm not talking about flying corporate VPs to Helsinki to have eyelashes trimmed by the finest Swedish scientists assembled on the planet. India and other countries, will fly you in, do the procedure, keep you for recovery, and return you home, for less then what it would have cost you here in the States. All that's required is a health plan that will cover it. From the sound of the article, AMA isn't interested in fixing this "shit" here, just extorting maximum profits.

Our care is the best and the worst. Depending on varied circumstances. But over all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Our care is the best and the worst. Depending on varied circumstances. But over all the best!
    Didn't we have a long discussion with CCbatson a long time ago where the Canadians here loved their healthcare and defended it, as compared to our two week wait for a doctors appt. here in America?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm not talking about flying corporate VPs to Helsinki to have eyelashes trimmed by the finest Swedish scientists assembled on the planet. India and other countries, will fly you in, do the procedure, keep you for recovery, and return you home, for less then what it would have cost you here in the States. All that's required is a health plan that will cover it. From the sound of the article, AMA isn't interested in fixing this "shit" here, just extorting maximum profits.
    I wasn't talking about flying VP's either. I'm speaking of regular folks who may need a surgery they can only get over there, because it's cheaper, though they can't really afford it. I get what you're saying though.

I wasn't talking about flying VP's either. I'm speaking of regular folks who may need a surgery they can only get over there, because it's cheaper, though they can't really afford it. I get what you're saying though.

I think fees for medical assistance in the USA are outrageous. I don't think USA has "the best health care in the world", what they do have is a captive client base. I have a friend that now has a permanent handicap because of this Beaumont debacle and greed for money. I welcome any viable alternative for affordable health care. I'm disappointed the Obama administration didn't truly revamp medical assistance when they had the chance. For all the noise the current administration made about "affordable" health care, they don't seem to be doing a damn thing either. The medical business lobbyists are either in first or second place with the NRA.

They gave Whitmer more - by nearly triple or more.

Insurance companies own this state, hardcore !!!!