Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Looking for a friend do you know her?

Detroit comedian and entertainer, Francine Dent. Worked in Bert's Place for a while. She's missing. No phone, no address. Thanks.

Try adding Velma as her first name [[Velma Francine Dent) as a deep search option. Standard search on bing.com show her first name as 'Velma'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    She's missing.
    As in lost, abducted, ran away .....?

Or just someone you have lost contact with over the years?

I hope you’re able to catch up with her. Sometimes people just want to take off and not be found. The thought has crossed my mind once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago48 View Post
    Detroit comedian and entertainer, Francine Dent. Worked in Bert's Place for a while. She's missing. No phone, no address. Thanks.
    Velma Francine Dent's Michigan Voter Registration

Detroit, Michigan

Velma Francine Dent [[born 1948) is listed at 3501 Woodward Ave Apt 303 Detroit, MI and has no known political party affiliation. She is a female registered to vote in Wayne County, Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Velma Francine Dent's Michigan Voter Registration

Detroit, Michigan

Velma Francine Dent [[born 1948) is listed at 3501 Woodward Ave Apt 303 Detroit, MI and has no known political party affiliation. She is a female registered to vote in Wayne County, Michigan.
    3501 Woodward is the Orchestra Tower seniors' building at Woodward & Stimson. Perhaps someone there may have some information about her whereabouts.

Default Thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    3501 Woodward is the Orchestra Tower seniors' building at Woodward & Stimson. Perhaps someone there may have some information about her whereabouts.
    I live in Chicago and have sent letters to her apartment & Bert's place. No reply. Phone # disconnnected. No return mail. "worried".

Perhaps she passed away. Per what I could find she was over 60. But usually that turns up under death records, many of which are public.

At least we have the power of Dyes to delve into the end of the lady's life.

Me, there's nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    At least we have the power of Dyes to delve into the end of the lady's life.

Me, there's nothing to see here, move along.
    Not being disrespectful are you? I mean, somebody is trying to locate someone. Hope you never find yourself in the same position....

Not being disrespectful are you?
    No, I'm not. But with easy access to public records, while being monitored by 300+ corporations online, for eternity, some people are desperately trying to minimize their public lives.

No, I'm not. But with easy access to public records, while being monitored by 300+ corporations online, for eternity, some people are desperately trying to minimize their public lives.
    Valid point, I have to say.

I found this Facebook page where they gave Francine a birthday party a couple years ago. Maybe you could contact the creator?
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1707...tive_tab=about

When will this thread be locked/deleted? It's unsavory and not in the realm of the site. This is not a singles/personals site.

Maybe you could contact the creator?

With all the problems in the world today, I'm sure his hands are full.

Point taken.

Maybe you could contact the creator?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    With all the problems in the world today, I'm sure his hands are full.
    I'm pretty sure there's a V'ger Star Trek joke in there somewhere.

Is this her? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijnjZiw5JI8

Looks like she's still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post

It is her. Here's a 2014 video of her in a storytelling event at the Wright Museum of AA History. Clearly the same person, and I do recognize her from Bert's.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xBBGZ9I8Ww

I notice that one version of that video, which seems to come from about a year ago, was posted by the Maryland Dept. of Aging. So it's possible that she's just left our area.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; August-10-18 at 01:01 PM.

This is not the first time someone has asked for help locating someone on here. And what is "unsavory" about someone trying to find and old friend that they are concerned about? Also, the woman was a stand up comedian in Detroit, so she's not an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    When will this thread be locked/deleted? It's unsavory and not in the realm of the site. This is not a singles/personals site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Valid point, I have to say.
    Thanks Ray - you spry elder of this forum. Can you upload some Harley DPD photos again?

Um, exactly!

This is not the first time someone has asked for help locating someone on here... Also, the woman was a stand up comedian in Detroit, so she's not an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post

Yes that's her. But I talked to her 3-4 months ago. She may be in hiding....who knows? I wrote Bert's, no reply. Oh well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast