Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Looked like there was some activity at this site today. There were some orange barriers put up and Elizabeth St partially blocked off.

Height increased to 311'. Updated renderings all around.

https://detroitmi.gov/sites/detroitm...f%20Report.pdf

Not an inspiring design but it will be nice to have that space filled with some height.

I like the addition of a rooftop terrace. It looks pretty good. Looking forward to seeing it as an addition to the skyline.

Good to see the population of office workers push North of Grand Circus Park.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Not an inspiring design but it will be nice to have that space filled with some height.
    I agree about a lack of inspiration.... but it will be hemmed in on most sides by other buildings with the top showing thru...

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3364...7i16384!8i8192

This building would have found a better home on the Tuller site, next to the United Artists Building, but the Ilitches haven't sold a single parcel of land that they have acquired in 30+ years.

But I guess this will have to do...

Anyone know if the ground floor is going to have lease space for retail/restaurant? Is it going to be a TCF branch?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Anyone know if the ground floor is going to have lease space for retail/restaurant? Is it going to be a TCF branch?
    It looks like there will be a TCF Bank along Woodward. Not sure about the Elizabeth side past the parking entry/exit. W. Elizabeth has a lot of dead space with the outer side wall of the Fillmore on one side. Other ground floor commercial space would likely have a rough time along the south side of W. Elizabeth.

Am I the only one who thinks the fact that half the building's height is parking is funny?

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the fact that half the building's height is parking is funny?
    I sorta agree... but I wonder if part of the parking is for the displaced parking spaces taken away when Grand Park Centre's Annex [[former Michigan Mutual Annex parking) is razed?

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Nope! You’re not the only one 😂😆
    The bank that bought the naming rights on what used to be cobo center...after their multi-billion dollar merger with chemical bank, making them the largest headquartered financial institution in Michigan....is building an HQ in Detroit that literally only has 8 floors for office and 12 for parking. Only in Detroit. Is it better than nothing? Yes yes and yes. But it’s kind of a letdown and it’s comical, in an annoyed, only-in-Detroit sort of mindset when you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Nope! You’re not the only one ����
    The bank that bought the naming rights on what used to be cobo center...after their multi-billion dollar merger with chemical bank, making them the largest headquartered financial institution in Michigan....is building an HQ in Detroit that literally only has 8 floors for office and 12 for parking. Only in Detroit. Is it better than nothing? Yes yes and yes. But it’s kind of a letdown and it’s comical, in an annoyed, only-in-Detroit sort of mindset when you look at it.
    It’s 9 floors of office and 10 floors of parking, with ground floor retail.
    Last edited by JK313; September-11-19 at 03:24 PM.

Unfortunately this project would have a hard time being built without the parking element. We don't have great regional mass transit and we're absolutely car-centric. I wish that wasn't the case, but developers have to deal in reality, and the reality of this region is cars, cars cars.

Quote Originally Posted by JK313 View Post
    Depending on the the parking structure is build [[flat parking levels with a speed ramp), the parking levels could be built out in the future. I prefer they stack the parking under the office, rather than build a 10-story deck next to a 9-story office.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Unfortunately this project would have a hard time being built without the parking element. We don't have great regional mass transit and we're absolutely car-centric. I wish that wasn't the case, but developers have to deal in reality, and the reality of this region is cars, cars cars.
    It's because the city requires it. Not the developers.

http://www.dailydetroit.com/2019/05/...-detroit-mess/

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Depending on the the parking structure is build [[flat parking levels with a speed ramp), the parking levels could be built out in the future. I prefer they stack the parking under the office, rather than build a 10-story deck next to a 9-story office.
    yeah, me too. It's still a good project. I like the newer rendering better. Parking garage is hidden very well. Looks solid

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    This building would have found a better home on the Tuller site, next to the United Artists Building, but the Ilitches haven't sold a single parcel of land that they have acquired in 30+ years.
    I think the current site is better than the Tuller for this type of development. It helps to complete that street wall on the west side of Woodward.

I think Grand Circus Park is better off ringed by residential, as it is primarily now.

If they had changed the design a little, you could have had 19 floors of both, and parked next to your desk.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    If they had changed the design a little, you could have had 19 floors of both, and parked next to your desk.
    https://www.parkingtoday.com/article...-parking-space

Nice find! Has anyone heard when demolition of the existing building is supposed to start?

Quote Originally Posted by ILKSGAMI View Post
    Nice find! Has anyone heard when demolition of the existing building is supposed to start?
    They have had some windows popped out with dumpsters being filled and hauled off site for several weeks now. I would imagine that process will take a while. Then the deconstruction of the building will have to be very deliberately done, due to it's proximity to other structures.

Good find. So the construction crain will be 460’ tall. Anyone know what the actual building height is supposed to be? Obviously it will be less than 460’ based on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Good find. So the construction crain will be 460’ tall. Anyone know what the actual building height is supposed to be? Obviously it will be less than 460’ based on this.
    There was another entry stating the building height was 291ft. Although the latest renderings said it was increased to 311ft so i’m not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    311 feet

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast