Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit 1967 riot coverage?

Does anyone know how I could get a hold of any radio it television coverage of the 1967 riot as it happens ? I had tried going in CKLWs archive and had no luck and other local radio and tv stations archive

Did you try You Tube?

https://youtu.be/D_CKOXNB15Q

Detroit Historical Museum has an extensive exhibit right now; they may have some of that available there.

I have some of the news footage from YouTube but I like to listen to radio news coverage as it happens. I like doing research on events that had happened in the past. You could hear and discover things that had been reported then that had been lost or erased this day. Michigan radio station doesn't have archives from that week nor CKLW has that week and year in it's archive.

It certainly would be interesting if CKLW tried to cover the news the same way today. Sensationalizing the violence wouldn't exactly be politically correct, let alone coming from Canada.

Good Times:
    https://youtu.be/PZiPXwbtbew?list=PL...RPK9WrQ6Aikpz2
    Last edited by 401don; July-20-18 at 08:42 AM.

WJR and WWJ doesn't habe it in tbeir archives either