Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Complaints About this Forum

Off topic but why can you not edit posts without an error message immediately? Why are images usually only available to view via desktop mode? What is wrong with this old forum style and when is it gonna be brought into the current times? Its a total and complete pain to use on mobile devices.

And contacting DetroitYes is only supports via desktop and not mobile. This has to be the weirdest site, like a 2004 flashback. My God, fix or update this mess for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by ASilvaman View Post
    And contacting DetroitYes is only supports via desktop and not mobile. This has to be the weirdest site, like a 2004 flashback. My God, fix or update this mess for crying out loud.
    Off topic but,geez I post what can be considered an entire book sometimes in posts,80% of the time on mobile,I scroll down to the full site option.

The way I look at it is the site is providing a public service unparalleled in most cites and I am sure the owner is not getting rich off of it,probably sometimes more of a headache then it is worth.

A few little quirks here and there is the trade off and really not worth freaking out over,but that's just me anyways.

After reading your naive post #46 on the Hudson Site Construction [[thinks that pouring a dirt ramp will hold up new Hudson's construction for years by Dan Gilbert... rather than reasoning its' use is for getting construction equipment into the sub-basements for demolitions).... and now your tantrums here... I have one question... how old are you anyway?
    Last edited by Gistok; July-19-18 at 01:24 PM.

The forum was updated in 2009. And even then it was a 2004 flashback. But it was still a huge improvement because the forum before that was from the 90s.

The problem is that the nice forums you see tend to be paid products, and can cost a few hundred dollars to initially buy and a hundred or so dollars a year to renew. The free forums that are around take extra coding work to make nice, and don't have support teams to help you, so sometimes they get frozen in time once they're set up and working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The forum was updated in 2009. And even then it was a 2004 flashback. But it was still a huge improvement because the forum before that was from the 90s.

The problem is that the nice forums you see tend to be paid products, and can cost a few hundred dollars to initially buy and a hundred or so dollars a year to renew. The free forums that are around take extra coding work to make nice, and don't have support teams to help you, so sometimes they get frozen in time once they're set up and working.
    There is also a fear of upgrading sometimes; if the upgrade is buggy, you lose your site and your data and end up with the same issue that happened to this forum in 04.

You know what they say about opinions, so here's mine. Out of all the posters on this forum, you're the only one either complaining or unable to figure out how the forum, or your device works. I post on here with a variety of devices, most recently the Windows phone from hell, and it ain't the forum. No matter what kind of promises the manufacturer makes, or enticing ads they show you, NONE of the devices are perfect. There's a learning curve your going to have to go through to figure out how to interface the damn thing, and how it works.

^^ Problem is, complaints are dismissed out of hand here, so there's really no point. I'd prefer the old VBulletin default skin, but it was eliminated a few years back with no explanation. I like full screen forums, not this center or side shifted mess. There are a LOT of problems with this skin, but we were told to hush about it; that nobody cared what we thought and it would NOT be restored under any circumstances.