Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Sweet Corn Stands

It's about the time of year for corn/sweet corn to be harvested & sold. Where are the good stands/markets/farmers that have good corn? I went to Block's in Romulus yesterday on some recommendations, but want to try some other places too. Any suggestions?

From the fish flies to cottonwood, everything is running a few weeks late this year. I imagine the Michigan harvest won't be much different. I'm ready though...I'm like a grizzly bear during salmon season when it comes to Michigan sweet corn. Once it hits, any stand on Groesbeck/Gratiot in farm country will do, including the Clem farmer's market. Tried 6/$1.99 @ Nino's and it's still out-of-State wax for now. Patience, Patience.

Ma always got her 15 dozen ears to freeze on the west side of Schoenherr just north of Moravian. 'Course that's been just a few years ago now.

No good solid rain for crops in Michigan = crummy season for produce

https://www.mlive.com/weather/index....occurring.html

Try Kutcheys on Ryan north of 11 Mile in the old yard and garden store that used to be there. If you're up to a longer ride, Van Houtte on Romeo Plank N or 32 Mile, or his brother's stand on Van Dyke at 34 Mile. Also great corn on the corner of Romeo Plank and Armada Ridge Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Try Kutcheys on Ryan north of 11 Mile in the old yard and garden store that used to be there. If you're up to a longer ride, Van Houtte on Romeo Plank N or 32 Mile, or his brother's stand on Van Dyke at 34 Mile. Also great corn on the corner of Romeo Plank and Armada Ridge Rd.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I picked up a half dozen this afternoon. Still kind of small, but they were tasty for this early in the season. I look forward to next month's crop.