Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default DYES OG's Rollcall

It's been forever since I have dropped by. I am curious how many old timers are still around. Let's say those that have been on here 10+ years or so. So, let the rollcall begin

I've been here since before 2009 when it switch from the old format. Pretty sure it was 2007
    Last edited by Maof; July-11-18 at 08:49 PM.

Not on a lot, but I still check in. Been here also since before 2009 when the switch occurred.

My profile shows 3/09 but then I think that was the format change. I think I've been here from at least '08.
    Actually March 05 was original sign up date
    Last edited by jcole; July-12-18 at 06:42 AM.

April of 2009. Long enough to wish some other people were still with us.

I'm still here. There are a remarkable number of members with 2009 dates still around, some coming and going like our friend Supersport, and participating. In 2009 we had to switch to vBulletin software, couldn't transfer the member list and everyone had to sign up again, hence no dates before then. Almost all of the early-2009-dated members were members prior to that date.

The first forum was in 1999 but the software was dreadful and in 2000 we switched to Discus but those developers stopped updating their systems requiring the 2009 switchover to the more robust vBulletin system.

I'm moving this over to the main Discuss Detroit forum for a while for more visibility. Welcome back Supersport.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I'm still here. There are a remarkable number of members with 2009 dates still around, some coming and going like our friend Supersport, and participating. In 2009 we had to switch to vBulletin software, couldn't transfer the member list and everyone had to sign up again, hence no dates before then. Almost all of the early-2009-dated members were members prior to that date.

The first forum was in 1999 but the software was dreadful and in 2000 we switched to Discus but those developers stopped updating their systems requiring the 2009 switchover to the more robust vBulletin system.

I'm moving this over to the main Discuss Detroit forum for a while for more visibility. Welcome back Supersport.
    Remembering some of the first posters when I came aboard:

Gannon
    CCBatson
    JJabba

I knew I was from before 2009. Forgot about the platform switch. Cheers!

Been here since 2009

2008 for me, so not an OG. But I remember Forum socials! I believe my first post was about building a monument like Lady Liberty in Detroit. Boy, was I bright eyed and bushy tailed back then. Now I'm just as cynical as the next Detroiter.

I've been here since February of 2010, but I changed usernames after I moved in 2013.

I think I joined in 2006 or 2007 before the platform change, but been here since. I've not been posting as much in the past, but still reading. I do miss many of the history type posts that used to be here. I guess we've covered it all.

I've been reading since 2007, joined in 2012, regretted it 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I've been reading since 2007, joined in 2012, regretted it 2013.
    Why did you regret 2013?

I've been around since at least 2000.

Member since about 2007, still read posts almost every day.

I'm pretty sure I had as many or more posts on the old forum as I do post 2009. In other words, I've been here a while and I'm easily distracted from my work while online.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-12-18 at 10:51 AM.

Word. Since 2000 yo.

It says I've been here since '09, but it seems longer than that. This Detroit to Las Vegas transplant reads here daily.

I've been a member since '05 with a screen name change during the '09 switchover.

Profile says 2009 but lurking for longer than that date

Still here. Since '99 thanks to Aram, a high schooler who handed me a card with his People Mover website card. We were both staring into the Hudson's hole when we struck up a convo. He made the site and card for class and his page had links to here. Nineteen years is a long time for a website, isn't it?

You've been here longer, Ray; maybe before me in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    It says I've been here since '09, but it seems longer than that. This Detroit to Las Vegas transplant reads here daily.

lurking since 2004 probably
    Last edited by hybridy; July-17-18 at 08:38 AM.

Been here since March 2009 and battled Bear in the Box right off the bat

2006, maybe 2005.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast