Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I've been here since 2000, I believe. First came here following a thread about the Leland House Hotel, where I went through military entrance processing back in 1987.

I've been here a good many years -- under this name for a bunch, and under another name [[I forget which) before that. I think it had to do with forgetting my password. Seems to be a theme.

Probably too long. I would guess 5 years before the switch. I remember the first thread I read was about Christmastime at Hudson's. I read it and the memories made me cry.

For what it's worth, I've been on the SDF for nearly as long....say two weeks after I found this place.

I've been on since around 2002. Still friends with many people that I met through this forum back in the day.

I've been a member since around 2002 give or take a year. My previous handle was "the one". It's been amazing to watch our city go through the good times and the bad.

I'm another one who had another name before the switch. Was away for awhile returned and found things had changed.

My profile says 2009, but I’m sure I was here before the format change. I found D-Yes after reading an article about ItsJeff in the Freep. I rarely post , but check in everyday or two.

Since around 2005

If you want to search your start date type:
    atdetroit.net:yourusername
    subbing your handle for yourusername
    It will bring up an old-style page that you posted on with your join date on one of the posts but it may only go back to 2003
    Last edited by jcole; July-16-18 at 06:46 AM.

Cool option JC. Thanks.

I believe I have been here since around the 2001-2003 timeframe. So many good memories. FSC, ItsJeff, so many more. Not the same site today as it was then but still one of the better Detroit-centric sites on the internet. Thanks to Lowell for prevailing.

Since way before 2009. Enjoy the Forum very much. Great asset for Detroit.

March of 2009 here

This 2005 thread is still viewable on the old forum archives, but this Wayback Machine archive is really more nostalgic to you old guards, as it comes complete with the 2005 look.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20050419...tml?1113082877

Here since 2007!

I didn't realise I've been here since at least November of 2003, but I guess that's correct.

I've been here since at least 98-99? It was one of the first sites that I stuck to after I set up my first ever pc when I was still stationed in Virginia.

Found my same name on the old forum which said 2003 join date. How time flies!

I can’t even remember but way before the switch when my user name was just “Bryan.” I am guessing high school, so late 1990s.

June 2004 for me. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Wow we have some true veterans still around! Is there still an annual picnic? I have never been but thought about it through the years. I think my profile has been around since 2010 or so when I moved into Corktown, but I'd been a lurker for 2 years or so prior to that when I made my decision to move back to the city.

I was here daily for a few years, especially during the bankruptcy, but that took a back seat to other obligations and interests after some time. I still come on when I can when I need [[or can give) some inside scoop. Glad to hear the community is still very active.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If you want to search your start date type:
    atdetroit.net:yourusername
    subbing your handle for yourusername
    It will bring up an old-style page that you posted on with your join date on one of the posts but it may only go back to 2003
    Wow JC that worked thanks. 2/2008 as Snoringbeagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Wow JC that worked thanks. 2/2008 as Snoringbeagle.

Now THAT'S funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    2006, maybe 2005.
    I’ve been here since January 2004.. I was young, very young but I had such a fascination for Detroit. I loved reading the forum and learning from many in the professions I was interested in even at 13.. I am not a 27 year old city planner having worked in New York, Atlanta, Tokyo, and on some shorter term projects around the US. I owe my love and early success in this profession to DetroitYes. Thanks Lowell, for letting me in with a new yahoo email address [[that I still use for junk email), even though I was lying about my age and you knew it hahah. I had been looking at The Fabulous Ruins of Detroit Page well before that, probably around 2000 at 9 years old was my first encounter.
    Last edited by rbdetsport; July-17-18 at 09:50 AM.

April 7, 2009.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast