Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Georgia Street Community Garden in the News

Today's Detroit Free Press has a nice story on Mark Covington and his Georgia Street Community Collective, a now decade-old urban farm and community center. Long time forum members will recall him being active here in the past posting as Cub. Anyone who has met him knows him as grounded, quietly focused and pleasant, a true gentle giant touching lives and making a better world in a tough setting.

The lengthy article by Nancy Kaffer gives an update on his farm, while touching on the acceptance of urban farming that he help lead and questioning its future.

Read the full article here >>

Name:  MarkCovingtonFreep.png
Views: 337
Size:  214.7 KB

I was just coming here to post this. Nice to see Mark in the paper.

Name:  019.JPG.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  12.6 KB

My favorite photo from when the garden started 10 years ago

One of Detroit's true champions. What he has done for his community is fantastic. I have spent some time with him in the past, and I've always loved his positivity.