Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default David Clements' McClellan Street Tour

Detroit Photographer, Author and Videographer David Clements has just posted an amazing tour of McClellan St. in his recent blog post DETROIT’S RENEWED PROSPERITY – WILL IT REACH MCCLELLAN STREET?

David has a great ability to get to character, warmth and personal side of often overlooked stories and people. Take the tour >>

Name:  McCellan-2-16-x-12.5-72-dpi.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  143.7 KB

Name:  McCellan-1-16-x-10.7-72-dpi.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  185.4 KB

As author of TALKING SHOPS: DETROIT COMMERCIAL FOLK ART he may have found a new addition with this barber shop on McLellan.

Name:  McCellan-8-16-x-10.4-72-dpi.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  98.8 KB

Oh, this is cool! Will have to show my husband as his grandmother lived on McClellan [[house is gone) and we were married at Nativity. Thank you Lowell.

McCellan was a vibrant street years ago from the Catholic Church and school on Shoemaker to the 4H Center. I see that Chandler Elementary School building is being spared and hopefully something would be made of the building. I would love to see something done to the alleyways that run parallel to Belvedere, Holcomb, Rohns, Crane, Fisher, and Burns. They could be transformed into walkways and bicycle trail or paths.