Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Happy July 4th, 2018

A Happy Independence Day [[July 4th) to all my American friends.

May you enjoy a fabulous day of celebration, leading into a wonderful weekend, in honour of great nation.

If the revelry is starting slowly, some July 4th trivia courtesy USA today...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...now/754244002/

Thank you my friend. And fyi....i only use mustard on my dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    ...i only use mustard on my dogs
    Name:  hot-dog-with-mustard-dog-costume.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  73.1 KB.........

Happy July 4th! I'm spending it in Isle of Palms, South Carolina where it has been cooler than it has been in Detroit!

Happy Independence Day!

Unfortunately the rest of illegal Hispanic immigrants are spending their freedom in cages ready to be sent back to their poor, filthy, war torn native lands, horrible!!!
    Last edited by Danny; July-04-18 at 07:58 AM.

And a belated Happy Canada Day to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Thank you my friend. And fyi....i only use mustard on my dogs
    Me too, with relish. I see people put ketchup on their dogs and I'm like....

Happy 4th to ALL
    Name:  19665195_10212855637241245_2451569128552506024_n.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  55.2 KB

Happy Independence Day to one and all as we celebrate the 242nd birthday of the greatest nation on Earth.

Sorry, not proud of this country right now. We have a tremendous amount of work to do to rid this country of evil, ignorance and hate.

We're basically the most hated place on earth right now, and for good reason. All of our most treasured values are under threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Sorry, not proud of this country right now. We have a tremendous amount of work to do to rid this country of evil, ignorance and hate.

We're basically the most hated place on earth right now, and for good reason. All of our most treasured values are under threat.
    Attention all Trump Haters!
    Now boarding for Canada!
    Birmingham sucks but it is too good for you!

Happy Depends-dent day to you, Bham. Everyone else, Happy Independence Day. Take a moment to remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice so we can have what so many want to take for free.

Name:  Alg-crying-baby-jpg.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  15.4 KB
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-04-18 at 11:58 AM.

Are you kidding me right now? Your the kinda person that continues the hate and intolerance. And on the fourth you claim something like that? Go somewhere else that is more accommodating than the US! It’s time we start looking out for us again. So bad that the whole world wants to move HERE. GET LOST BUDDY

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Now boarding for Canada!
    If all the Trump haters move to Canada we'll be bigger than the U.S.!

When your leader, the supposed leader of the Free world, questions to his staff then other Latin American leaders why we can't "simply" invade Venezuela and really insists on it, yeah we're pretty fucked up.

Love my nation. Love its history. Love the stories of my ancestors who arrived here in 1625. Strongly disliking and being vocal against the man who currently sits in our most honorable and esteemed position makes me as patriotic as my ancestors who fought against a man they thought held just as honorable and almost sacred position.

I have a 4th of July tradition of enlightening the masses of the misunderstanding that is the basis for our July 4 holiday, which should instead be a July 2 holiday. Here is the 2018 version...

All we know for certain about what happened on 4 July 1776: Benjamin Franklin had diarrhea, the original paper document we know as the "real" Declaration of Independence was still 2 weeks from being written on its famous parchment, and Thomas Jefferson recorded that the temperature was 76 degrees at 1pm in Philadelphia.

Independence Day should be celebrated on July 2!! July 2, 1776 is the day that the Continental Congress actually voted for independence. It was a simple formality that adopted the text of the document known as the Declaration of Independence 2 days later. Even the founding fathers expected July 2 to become the day of celebration, not July 4 [[where are you right wing founding fatherism freaks on this one?) John Adams, in his writings, noted that July 2 would be remembered in the annals of American history and would be marked with fireworks and celebrations.

So as we all go on our way to eat, drink, sing, and blow things up...inject a little historical knowledge bomb into your backyard barbecue conversation.

Happy Independency Day...whether you celebrate on July 2 [[freedom from England declared), July 4 [[text adopted), or Auguest 2 [[document first signed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Now boarding for Canada!

The man is entitled to his opinion, that he's not proud of this country in it's current state. He's not by himself. There are just as many people that don't like where the country is headed and whose leading it, as are his supporters.