Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default EastSide Sporting Goods

Does anyone know when the EastSide Sporting Goods store that was located at 27427 Schoenherr in Warren closed?

I have been told anywhere from "a few years ago" to "20 years ago."

Does anyone know for sure?

Used to go to East Side Sporting Goods to get my hockey stuff back when they were on Van Dyke. Have no idea what happened since then though.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Used to go to East Side Sporting Goods to get my hockey stuff back when they were on Van Dyke. Have no idea what happened since then though.
    The last mention I saw of them in the old papers was 2004 and they were still in business. In 1948 they were located at 8030 Harper, near Van Dyke. In 1969, it was 6462 Van Dyke. By 1983, they had moved to 27427 Schoenherr in Warren.

Thanks for the info Kathy!

2004 is about what I came up with as the building became a medical office around that time.

However several people have told me they went to the Schoenherr location just a few years ago and that their web site seems to indicate they were possibly open as late as 2014.

http://www.eastsideteamsports.com/index.htm

Oddly there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about the company on the Internet.

You're most welcome, Ookpik, anytime. On www.newspapers.com I found a lot of ads and stories about them, including the massive hockey jersey they made for the Spirit of Detroit!