Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Not only is the team at the bottom....bon appetit:

Banh Mi: For those who have never eaten a bahn mi, please don’t get that wonderful Viet-French sandwich confused with this Frankenstein version from Comerica Park.

Zeppole: Look for deep-fried Italian doughnut holes in the food court with chocolate dipping sauce.

Jesus fucking Christ man we get it you don't like the tigers. Who gives a fuck what they're serving at comerica

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ man we get it you don't like the tigers. Who gives a fuck what they're serving at comerica
    Is it really necessary to resort to vulgarity to make a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncledave54 View Post
    Is it really necessary to resort to vulgarity to make a point?
    Plus, I was always taught Jesus' middle initial was 'H'.

as long as the Ilitches pay for the renovations with their own money-- and no future asks for "public bond money"-- then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    I am fortunate to have traveled to about 20 MLB ballparks. Comerica Park is not bad. It is not at the top of the list, but it is certainly nowhere near the bottom [[Toronto, Miami, Chi-Sox, Arizona, new Atlanta, etc.)

I have brought plenty of out of towners through that have raved about their Comerica Park experience. When the Tigers are winning it is a great ballpark. When they are losing it is an average ballpark to pass some time in.

Those of us old enough to have fond memories of Tiger Stadium will always have skewed judgement. That is what nostalgia does. Its not a bad thing. But we also should not act like CoPa is a bad ballpark.

Az for a renovation, I hope it happens. The new scoreboard and improved bars have done a lot to help the fan experience. Now a fresh paint scheme, repairs to concrete and improved seating areas will help improve an average ballpark to an above average ballpark.
    This is 100%, and couldn't agree more. I do like the brick work they have done at Comerica replacing the old concessions on wheels things they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    I am fortunate to have traveled to about 20 MLB ballparks. Comerica Park is not bad. It is not at the top of the list, but it is certainly nowhere near the bottom [[Toronto, Miami, Chi-Sox, Arizona, new Atlanta, etc.)

I have brought plenty of out of towners through that have raved about their Comerica Park experience. When the Tigers are winning it is a great ballpark. When they are losing it is an average ballpark to pass some time in.

Those of us old enough to have fond memories of Tiger Stadium will always have skewed judgement. That is what nostalgia does. Its not a bad thing. But we also should not act like CoPa is a bad ballpark.

Az for a renovation, I hope it happens. The new scoreboard and improved bars have done a lot to help the fan experience. Now a fresh paint scheme, repairs to concrete and improved seating areas will help improve an average ballpark to an above average ballpark.

For the part of the stadium us “common folk” get to see, I completely agree. Comerica is solidly in the middle of the new ballparks, not top 5 or 10, but not bottom 5 or 10 either. There are some things they could do to the common areas with a renovation. Also, to the untrained eye, it does appear there are some structural issues in the 300 level seats behind home plate [[if you go up there, check out how warped the floor concrete is between the steel supports for each section of seats).

But as I mentioned in the previous posts, the 200 level [[Suites, club area, etc.) of Comerica is the worst of any MLB ballpark built in the last 30 years. And compared to most, it is not even close. The suite level isn’t any nicer [[arguably even not as nice) as the WhiteCaps Park, and there isn’t much different in the on-field talent either these days.

I don’t expect DYes of all places to be sympathetic to the suiteholders and high rollers who attend Tigers game [[nor am I). But so people know the whole picture, I think it is important to point out. And since the wealthy people who use these facilities are a significant source of income to the Tigers, I would be shocked if a major renovation didn’t include a 200 level overhaul.
    Last edited by Atticus; July-01-19 at 08:23 PM.

I agree that most out of town persons who visit Comerica seem to really like it. I don’t hate the park but I don’t like it either. I have heard that the last row in the upper deck at Tiger Stadium was closer to the field the the first row at Comerica Park. Also, god forbid you have Left Field seat on a hot sunny day. As a matter of fact, I generally will not go to a day game there if the temperature is above 70. Move the fences in again, that would be a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Also, to the untrained eye, it does appear there are some structural issues in the 300 level seats behind home plate [[if you go up there, check out how warped the floor concrete is between the steel supports for each section of seats).
    I can see a scenario where, for whatever reason, Comerica Park was not constructed well and Olympia frames the fixes as a "renovation!" as if nothing was wrong in the first place.

Attachment 38510

I happen to be in San Diego right now, and staying in the Marriott hotel that is just beyond the left field wall of Petco Park, often ranked as Americas best ballpark.

I have been spending some time inside the stadium the last couple days and I am about to attend my second game here. I have asked a few people in the nearby bars what they like or dislike about the place.

The overwhelming number of people mentioned how the density of the area around the stadium adds to the overall game day experience and that event programming beyond 81 games a year provides opportunties to use the facility for non-baseball events.

They have a plaza called "park at the park." It is inside the secured perimeter on game days, but is open to pedestrian traffic and hosts smaller gatherings on non-game days. For instance today I watched the US Womens World Cup game on the stage there. The gathering utilized the stadiums concourse for services and concessions. Something like this on the Olympia lot outside right field could be a catalyst for activity in the neighborhood beyond gamedays.
    Attachment 38511

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2