Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Proposal to dismantle gerrymandering makes State ballot.*

So...

-Minimum wage increase
    -Legalisation of marijuana
    -Outlawing gerrymandering
    all on one ballot in a swing year?

I know one side of the political spectrum not happy about this at all. Guess which one!

*If the Supreme Court doesn't ratfuck it.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/vot...ichigan-ballot

I'm LOVING it. I'd love to see all three pass, and it will help to contribute to the Blue Wave. I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see Mike Bishop sent packing.

I wouldn't put it past the Republicans in charge to figure out some legal maneuver to deny the people of Michigan the right to vote on the nonpartisan district commission. They will do anything to cling to their power and minority rule status. Not to mention they've already shown us what they think of the voters after figuring out a way to shove their Emergency Managers down our throats.

Wrong forum, buddy.

About damn time. Let's pass all 3. But remember that, as K-Slice says, the GOP rules as a minority, and they have shown that they will stop at nothing to preserve their status. Huge infusions of money, smear campaigns, fear mongering, and outright lying are their stock in trade and the people helming the campaigns for these issues, especially gerrymandering, had better be ready to battle all of this and more.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    About damn time. Let's pass all 3. But remember that, as K-Slice says, the GOP rules as a minority, and they have shown that they will stop at nothing to preserve their status. Huge infusions of money, smear campaigns, fear mongering, and outright lying are their stock in trade and the people helming the campaigns for these issues, especially gerrymandering, had better be ready to battle all of this and more.
    Make it 4, if as appears to be the case the Paid Sick days vote goes forward.

If all of those pass, and support for regional transit as well, it would be a wonderful day for Michigan.

All of these need to pass in order to really put Michigan on the right track for progress.

Excited to exercise my vote for these issues.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...lot/736710002/

Human feces, AG and Gubernatorial candidate Bill Schuete is not only choosing not to defend the proposal in court he is actively trying to kill it.