Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kilpatrick appeals to Trump for freedom

"As Kwame Kilpatrick adjusts to yet another new prison, the former Detroit mayor is seeking to shorten his stay and return home.
    The disgraced former Detroit leader and ex-lawyer has filed for a commutation of his federal prison sentence, which has nearly 19 years left, United States Department of Justice records show.

In a lengthy message posted Tuesday on the Free Kwame Project website, Kilpatrick wrote that he was “ready [[mentally, emotionally, spiritually) to go home” and “By God’s grace, I have received a pardon from Him, through Christ Jesus."

Now, with the help of President Donald Trump, who has been flexing his pardon powers lately, Kilpatrick has reached out to ask for a commutation of his sentence.

"I pray that I will receive the opportunity for Pardon/Clemency from the President of the United States as well,” he said on the website".

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...nce/696370002/

"I have received pardon from Him"....LMAO! Another nut-job crook who will stop at nothing to get out.

He might as well pardon him, that's not to say he deserves it, he screwed up, but who hasn't? He pardoned known convict Joe Arpaio, after he was convicted of criminal contempt for harassing and beating illegal immigrants. Trump posthumously pardoned Jack Johnson for taking white women across state lines 105 years ago. He's even talked about giving Muhammad Ali a pardon that he doesn't even need, because the courts overturned his case. Wouldn't surprise me if he did, just for shock value.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; June-13-18 at 01:35 PM.

KK must be hoping DT feels some kinship. And he probably does, or at least he would except for those ways KK also resembles what seems to so clearly scare him.
    Last edited by bust; June-13-18 at 04:30 PM.

DonnieT is so inherently dirty and pro-corruption, he'll very likely do it.

Kwame found religion. Praise the Lord and guard that collection plate!

He is working the wrong angle.

Less religion and a lot more about how the FBI has no right to investigate politicians and he would have been pardoned already.

Realistically his chances of getting that pardon are far higher with Trump in the White House.

If Blagjovich made the short list... Kwame has to be on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Kwame found religion. Praise the Lord and guard that collection plate!
    You got that right !!

Meanwhile, is anyone doing anything to restore my pension benefits and my health care [[which is non-existant)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Meanwhile, is anyone doing anything to restore my pension benefits and my health care [[which is non-existant)?
    I second that Ray. Thug Kk raped and pillaged the City of Detroit. He not only screwed pensioners and employees, he screwed the people of Detroit. As I just heard someone say, there's a special place in hell for KK.

Wouldn't it be a slap in Obama's face if Trump pardon Kilpatrick? I didn't care for Kilpatrick getting himself into all of the mess that he allowed to be put on himself. I thought that 28 years was a bit too extreme. Obama pardoned a person who gave away classified information but didn't want to touch Kilpatrick. I don't know if Trump will actually do it or not. He would not be looking out for his legacy if he does. But what does Trump care

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Wouldn't it be a slap in Obama's face if Trump pardon Kilpatrick?
    In the era of “Yeh, but what about!”. The above statement shouldn’t surprise me.

Love or Hate him it doesn't change the fact that Obama never said or did a damn thing to help Kwame out when he started going down when he could have and that he “would've” is purely made up fiction to be spoon fed to Republican crazies who can’t tell the difference from what actually happens from the fiction fed to them.

At some point you have to use simple logic. He didn’t give a shit about Kwame then and he wouldn’t give a shit now. End of story.

It’s really not that complicated.

A better question is who will pardon Trump?

Kilpatrick probably should be pardoned. In this bizzaroland up-is-down, wrong-is-right nightmare of an administration, Kwame would be a perfect fit, alongside Rodman, Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, the Breitbart clowns, Russian agents, the Trump offspring, Klansmen and all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    If Kilpatrick would have addressed the real harm that he did to real people, he might have a case.

They certainly deserve each other.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people find religion after their monumental and self-serving sins have landed them in prison. And how many then try to use it as an excuse to justify themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Obama pardoned a person who gave away classified information but didn't want to touch Kilpatrick.
    Obama did not pardon Chelsea Manning, he commuted Manning's remaining sentence. There's a pretty substantial difference between those two things.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    There's a pretty substantial difference between those two things.
    Donnie's disciples don't bother with petty things like truth or facts.

It's funny they have a free Kwame site, but no free Bobby site. Even him trying to get a pass shows he still doesn't care about any one but himself. All of his friends that went down did their time, but some how he is special? Trump would have to make it a package deal.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    They certainly deserve each other.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people find religion after their monumental and self-serving sins have landed them in prison. And how many then try to use it as an excuse to justify themselves.
    You shouldn't be amazed, it's always been that way. They see the beam of light shining down on them, while sitting between four walls.

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    It's funny they have a free Kwame site, but no free Bobby site. Even him trying to get a pass shows he still doesn't care about any one but himself. All of his friends that went down did their time, but some how he is special? Trump would have to make it a package deal.
    Bobby got a little less time, but I guess he's decide to just take his medicine.

KK still denies he even did anything wrong. He can rot in prison until he is at least apologetic in my opinion.

^^^ Yeah, the denial of any wrong speaks to a reprobate soul condition, dismal to where people can so 'twist' reality and behaviors so. Having said that I do believe 28 years is too, too long. There are murderers serving less time.

Now, having said THAT, no Trump is not going to pardon KK! Former president Obama avoided Detroit for KK two terms and did not pardon him. Nope it's not going to happen.

Yeah, he knew when, and how to 'sing' upon the hard-chair perch of the court room, and then somewhat quietly go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Bobby got a little less time, but I guess he's decide to just take his medicine.

I will not mock it fully. Prison affords a certain level of time for reflection from which some engage philosophy, religion and varied intellectual pursuits.

And yet actions have consequences for those who should be there. Withstanding for example religious conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You shouldn't be amazed, it's always been that way. They see the beam of light shining down on them, while sitting between four walls.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-15-18 at 01:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast