Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default City Club Apartment progress.

Anybody able to post pictures of the progress of the under-contruction City Club apartments?

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...02019&page=240

theres one halfway through this post...just a hole in the ground

I walked by there tonight and nothing vertical yet. Still just a hole in the ground.

hybridy, are you a skyscraperpage forumer? If so, what’s your username, out of curiosity? That post you’re referring to is mine, haha.

Already a thread on this with pictures and everything:

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...-Stalter-Hotel

These need to be merged.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    hybridy, are you a skyscraperpage forumer? If so, what’s your username, out of curiosity? That post you’re referring to is mine, haha.
    i merely lurk there...i am not an active poster thanks for all of the photo posts though. those of us no longer local greatly appreciate it

No problem! I’m happy to do it.

Anyways, there has been crews actively working at the site every day. I’m not sure why nothings changed visually in months.

This project is now vertical, with steel above ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    This project is now vertical, with steel above ground.
    Steel? I thought it was a wooden sticks build.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Steel? I thought it was a wooden sticks build.
    Not at 8 stories, no. You can only do stick built up to 4 or 5 stories depending on the local government codes.

I'm actually surprised that they are going with steel instead of concrete, though. The two basement parking will definitely be done in concrete, though, which is why I'm surprised to here about steel at all at this point in its construction.
    Last edited by Dexlin; July-19-18 at 07:52 PM.

As MrChrome said, there is steel rising right now. I took this photo on July 13th. The steel is on the north end of the site along Park Avenue.City Club Apartments CBD Detroit by Nick Sortzi, on Flickr

August 2, 2018

Name:  JPEG image 6.jpg
Views: 7377
Size:  135.4 KB

Here's a rendering I found from city club apartments website, I gotta say this looks way better and fits way nicer into gcp than i thought it would.. although some of it is probably being at 'night' with shiny lights everywhere but it actually looks really nice! looking forward to the final outcome

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post

Here's a rendering I found from city club apartments website, I gotta say this looks way better and fits way nicer into gcp than i thought it would.. although some of it is probably being at 'night' with shiny lights everywhere but it actually looks really nice! looking forward to the final outcome
    It is way, way too small vertically for that space. It's going to look ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    It is way, way too small vertically for that space. It's going to look ridiculous.

I think it should be taller too, but i don't think it's going to look 'ridiculous'. it is about the same height as the opera house, which is it's sister block across woodward.. and it is taller than the madison. also around the same height as the cambridge house apartments and the building housing the david klein gallery across washington. Should it have been taller? I agree yes, but I don't think it's as bad as we thought it would be. to each his/her own though I definitely see your argument

Even if it was only 4-5 stories taller I think it'd be a big improvement. Having said that, it is what it is. We will just have to wait and see how it turns out. My hope would be that the current parking site fronting GCP of the UA Building will get built on, something in the 15-20 story range. I think once something is on that site, it will even out the park visually. Just a shame that the Statler couldn't hold on a few more years there.

City Club Apartments rise. Labor Day weekend 2019.

Name:  City Club Apartments.jpg-1400.jpg
Views: 9309
Size:  104.0 KB

It doesn't seem like this project has made much progress over the last few months. Anyone know what's going on?

They're finishing it up. Just about done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbexQY09bc&t=97s

The construction here has been painstakingly slow.

Quote Originally Posted by JTburner View Post
    It doesn't seem like this project has made much progress over the last few months. Anyone know what's going on?
    They're out there working every day. Some parts of the building show progress while others do not. Maybe they've hit some snags?

I'm not sure if Frankai Videos visits this forum, but I love his YouTube channel.

If you're looking for a wooden apartment complex that is taking even longer than City Club, check out The Griffin in Royal Oak. Feels like they've been working on that for at least three years. I think these apartment complexes get to a point where there's work going on, but not a ton of visible progress from outside.

EDIT: The Griffin broke ground in June of 2018. This miserable year has skewed my sense of time I think.
    Last edited by EGrant; October-01-20 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I'm not sure if Frankai Videos visits this forum, but I love his YouTube channel.

If you're looking for a wooden apartment complex that is taking even longer than City Club, check out The Griffin in Royal Oak. Feels like they've been working on that for at least three years. I think these apartment complexes get to a point where there's work going on, but not a ton of visible progress from outside.
    Yeah if you look at construction timelines for various buildings, you'd be surprised how soon the building can go up but how long the interior takes. Plumbing, electrical, drywall, painting, all have to go up one after another and it's not really anything that can be sped up by machinery, just a lot of people working inside the building.

It's almost done.

Update on the ? "Stick-trosity" ? City Club Apartments. It's flashy chaotic design stands out in stark contrast to the bleak Soviet-style former Trolley Plaza behind it. Get used to it.

View from Grand Circus Park.
    Name:  City-Club-Apt-from-GCPark.jpg
Views: 7936
Size:  101.2 KB

View from Washington Blvd.
    Name:  City-Club-Apt-from-Washington.jpg
Views: 6913
Size:  88.4 KB

The View down Park Ave.
    Name:  City-Club-Apt-from-Park-ave.jpg
Views: 7460
Size:  136.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Update on the ? "Stick-trosity" ? City Club Apartments. It's flashy chaotic design stands out in stark contrast to the bleak Soviet-style former Trolley Plaza behind it. Get used to it.

View from Grand Circus Park.
    Name:  City-Club-Apt-from-GCPark.jpg
Views: 7936
Size:  101.2 KB

View from Washington Blvd.
    Name:  City-Club-Apt-from-Washington.jpg
Views: 6913
Size:  88.4 KB

The View down Park Ave.
    Name:  City-Club-Apt-from-Park-ave.jpg
Views: 7460
Size:  136.7 KB