Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Midtown get an deli

Rocco Italian Deli is opening soon on Cass near Canfield. I wish them good luck. Great news

Isn't that area flooded with delis? Or is that a was? I know Scnelli used to be in that area and a few others I can't remember the names of.

Schnelli? You are talking 30 years ago

"Midtown Gets A Deli"

There, I fixed your headline.

La Pecora Nera downtown is really good.

Wow! I remember seeing Mr. Schnelli toiling away at the spot on Warren and Woodward around the corner from Kinko's and the sports bar [[what was the name?). All of this before WSU took over that corner!

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Wow! I remember seeing Mr. Schnelli toiling away at the spot on Warren and Woodward around the corner from Kinko's and the sports bar [[what was the name?). All of this before WSU took over that corner!
    Z's Place...

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    That's probably the last time I was in the area ... mid to late 80s sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That's probably the last time I was in the area ... mid to late 80s sometime.
    I work on Canfield and I can't think of another deli anywhere in the area. there are quite a few restaurants/bars now.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I work on Canfield and I can't think of another deli anywhere in the area. there are quite a few restaurants/bars now.
    There is another deli opening soon on Cass in the space formerly occupied by a business called "Mills Pharmacy and Apothecary", between Canfield and Willis

https://detroit.eater.com/2018/5/17/...-cass-corridor