Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Royal Wedding - and The Who's WHO present...

Last edited by Zacha341; May-19-18 at 12:11 PM.

Favorite part...the preacher's sermon and the gospel choir. And the look on some of the guest faces.

Where was this ... along Woodward? Maybe on Belle Isle? Rouge Park?

If not, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Favorite part...the preacher's sermon and the gospel choir. And the look on some of the guest faces.
    Yes the gospel choir was truly memorable; but not the preacher’s sermon. I switched him off.

He was the wrong guy for the occasion. Would have been approproate had it been “along Woodward? Maybe on Belle Isle? Rouge Park” as per Meddle quandary in #3.
    Last edited by coracle; May-19-18 at 11:38 AM.

I liked her dress though many are saying it was too plain. Better a bit plain than garish or ill fitting as some wedding gowns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I liked her dress though many are saying it was too plain. Better a bit plain than garish or ill fitting as some wedding gowns are.
    I liked it...plain but classy. Maybe she chose it so more attention can be brought to that tiara!

Yes, the Tiara was awesome! One of the other former brides I think. The elegant simplicity was a winner. The train was simple yet elegant too!

Here's some yaka-dah comparing dresses...
    https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-b...s-comparisons/
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-19-18 at 01:47 PM.

Last edited by Zacha341; May-19-18 at 01:57 PM.

I like it too, and that tiara and veil made the whole ensemble.
    I liked it...plain but classy. Maybe she chose it so more attention can be brought to that tiara!

The tiara was Queen Mary's, made in 1932 with that central medallion having been acquired in the 1880's. Very art deco in style. Queen Mary was the current queen's grandmother

No one wearing a backwards baseball cap.

Remember these?

Looks like they toned it down a bit...
    http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.c...al-Wedding.jpg
    Last edited by Maof; May-20-18 at 06:37 AM.

Remember these?

Looks like they toned it down a bit...
    http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.c...al-Wedding.jpg
    Princess Eugenie is due to be married this year also. I wonder if the hype will be less since she is further down the line to the throne?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ate/300247002/

Princess Eugenie is due to be married this year also. I wonder if the hype will be less since she is further down the line to the throne?
    I cannot comprehend the fascination with Royalty. What is there, 20-30 countries worldwide, with Royals we never hear about?

Anyway, have fun with your 5 AM breakfast parties, Mimosas, and Bloody Mary's.[[remember her?).
    Last edited by Bigb23; May-20-18 at 04:30 PM.

I like fashion and a bit of pomp ala the event. Mainly I had a soft spot for the late Princess Diana, so watching a bit was compulsory for me. Otherwise the fascination ebbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I cannot comprehend the fascination with Royalty. What is there, 20-30 countries worldwide, with Royals we never hear about?
    Flippin' the Bird at the King in Thailand can get you in a whole heap-o-trubble!!

I like fashion and a bit of pomp ala the event. Mainly I had a soft spot for the late Princess Diana, so watching a bit was compulsory for me. Otherwise the fascination ebbs.

You have a Hope Chest, don't you?

I wish! I'd be taking a few of those items to the pawn shop right about now!