Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default FAST bus service

Hi everyone,
    I am a long time lurker, very occasional poster. I just wanted to give a thumbs up to the new SMART FAST bus service. I live in New Baltimore, and work in Dearborn. Sometimes the drive is trying to say the least. I tried the FAST bus service [[I have never used a bus before. I have to say that it was great! The drivers were courteous and helpful to a newbie like me. Give it a try, and keep the excellent posts going!

Let's keep the ball rolling a100driver, I just wish that more people would stop dissing fast and convenient transportation options and give THE FAST service a try. I use it often and very impressed by the speed in which I can get to my location. If more people would park their car for a day or two and just try it. You can't beat a 2.00 quick trip that offers WiFi and is very clean. You can ride for .50 cents and a free transfer if you are older and have a medicare card.
    I just wish that DDOT would make even the slightest effort to prove service and bus conditions. I'm really not shocked that the brand new busses purchased within the past few months are already trashed and look like they are old. DDOT refuses to clean their coaches and do routine maintenace. They seem to drive the busses til the wheels basically fall off with zero cleaning and they don't.replace parts that are broken. DDOT is now fliah with cash but I guess the money goes toward salaries, it's a shame.

FAST is how I get from Rochester Hills to my job in Downtown Detroit [[I get on the bus in Troy). I really like the service. It runs frequently through most of the day. The drivers are friendly. The passengers are nice people, I've bumped into a lot of coworkers, and even met a few new friends that frequently ride at the same time. People look out for each other. The FAST SMART service also makes more free time for me because I spend less time driving.